So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Didn't bother reading through the thread but the offical club price is 450 million pounds, and Mike Ashley is getting bit desprate.

Says who? Sounds like the usual bollocks.

Check your PM's

Cant you share with us all ?

Didn't bother reading through the thread but the offical club price is 450 million pounds, and Mike Ashley is getting bit desprate.

Check your PM's

Basically, 3 hours ago i was holding an offical letter from Mike Ashley requesting my mates dad (who's job is finding buyers/investors in the area) to find a buyer for the club, the price listed by Ashley was 450m pounds, and the letter was signed MA himself, can't say anything more.

Check your PM's

Basically, 3 hours ago i was holding an offical letter from Mike Ashley requesting my mates dad (who's job is finding buyers/investors in the area) to find a buyer for the club, the price listed by Ashley was 450m pounds, and the letter was signed MA himself, can't say anything more.

I'm sure Keith Harris will be chufffed that Ashley is handing out these documents despite being instructed to sell the club

Check your PM's

I'm sure Keith Harris will be chufffed that Ashley is handing out these documents despite being instructed to sell the club

The letter strictly said that his job will be to find any interested parties that are willing to offer that price to the club.

todays independent was reporting that one of the US consortia (?) was nearing the end of due dilligence. strange that if true only one paper should pick up on this.

This is where my knwoledge falls short. Can anyone enter the process of due diligence (if thats the correct phrase) or can you only get to that stage if you have had a bid accepted or met a selling price.

Just wondering as JK's comment tonight suggested that the sale wasnt due any time soon as no one had produced the cash (and the americans specifically)

todays independent was reporting that one of the US consortia (?) was nearing the end of due dilligence. strange that if true only one paper should pick up on this.

This is where my knwoledge falls short. Can anyone enter the process of due diligence (if thats the correct phrase) or can you only get to that stage if you have had a bid accepted or met a selling price.

Just wondering as JK's comment tonight suggested that the sale wasnt due any time soon as no one had produced the cash (and the americans specifically)

i'd guess you have to show some element of seriousness for the company to let you scrutinise their books.

Check your PM's

Scan? ;)

There is NO way that Ashley would get anything like 450m for the club - he will be doing well if he gets 250m in the current financial climate ; if he is offered 250 he should snap their hands off and be glad he got his money back with a bit of a profit...

Unfortunately, as I have said before, potential buyers have him by the short & curlies - he either sells for a reasonable price(NOT what he originally wanted)or he is faced with piling even MORE millions into the club in an effort to avoid relegation and his Investment crashing even more...

Its looking more & more as if this sale is either going to be drawn out into December, or not happen at all.

NOT a good scenario if its the latter.

Its a buyers market, I thought Ashley would be lucky to recoup his original investment plus debt, given my experience at the moment of selling a business which is significantly better performing at the moment (different sector admittedly)and experience of the banking market at present, 250m would be a very good price indeed, 450m is fantasy land.

If a purchaser is having to raise bank funds, then there is no way this deal (if there is one) is being done till into January.

Check your PM's

Prior to the Keegan debacle, Ashley was seeking local investors who he could enter into partnership with. He may well have valued - or tried to value - the club at £450m at that point. It sounds like that letter dates from that time. In which case, it doesn't mean that he's asking for that sort of money now, or anything like.

On a related subject, I don't like the sound of American consortiums who are struggling to raise the money. In American sport, it's far easier to raise a profit because of the way things are organised to ensure that teams compete on an equal footing. Unless you're Man U, it's very difficult to make a profit in English football, and you wonder whether these American buyers really know what they're getting into. Bit like the Liverpool saga, which looks likely to end in tears.

Check your PM's

Prior to the Keegan debacle, Ashley was seeking local investors who he could enter into partnership with. He may well have valued - or tried to value - the club at £450m at that point. It sounds like that letter dates from that time. In which case, it doesn't mean that he's asking for that sort of money now, or anything like.

I see your point but  A) i'm not from Newcastle B) the letter was from this week :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is how it is going down at the minute

- Kinnear is bitching about not having any security. He said he will have to assess his own position if he is not given the opportunity to run until the end of the season. That was about 3 weeks ago and he said then, that he couldnt keep going month to month. So whats he do, sign for another month.

- The american consortium have offered 200mil and Ashley is holding out for 250mil. We will eventually be sold as MA cannot afford to see his investment go into the championship.

- Shearer has been sounded out for the job by interested parties and is now, through Rob Lee, trying to gage public opinion

Guest sicko2ndbest

Keith Harris, the man charged with the task of finding a buyer by current owner Mike Ashley, has confirmed his suspicion that the current economic climate and impending transfer window mean a sale may not go through until well into the new year.

Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek show: "What I have said in the past is, if you put yourself in the position of a prospective owner of Newcastle or any other football club, you want to be there and have had a chance to work with the manager to decide on what should happen to the playing staff, both coming out and going in.

"If that isn't the case, you probably want to wait and see how the activity was in January, so you would defer it until February.

"We are nudging now towards mid-November and unless it is going to happen in the next couple of weeks, maybe three weeks, it is probably likely to be deferred until after the close of the window, when also people have got some hopes that the financial chaos will have settled down a little.

"It's my gut feeling, but it is no more than gut. I have got nothing tangible to base it on other than that instinct.

"I don't think there is anything negative in that, it is force of circumstances."

Ashley engaged Harris' services in September amid a popular revolt over manager Kevin Keegan's departure.

The former England boss walked out in a furious response to the way in which the club had conducted its summer transfer dealings, with Spanish striker Xisco and Uruguayan midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez arriving on the final day of the window without his knowledge when he had hoped to recruit up to four players of proven quality.

The supporters launched an angry campaign against Ashley and, in particular, executive director (football) Dennis Wise, and the billionaire's response was to announce his decision to sell just 16 months after taking over at St James' Park.

He has since appointed Joe Kinnear as interim boss, and the 61-year-old revealed after yesterday's morale-boosting 0-0 Barclays Premier League draw at leaders Chelsea that he had been handed another month-long deal.

That in itself suggested - as has grown increasingly apparent in recent weeks - that a sale is not imminent despite interest having been expressed by two American consortia.

Harris said: "With Newcastle, the situation is relatively straightforward. The last month to six weeks has been, in the financial markets, the worst that anyone can ever remember, without any real sign, any tangible sign, of them getting better.

"The people that have either approached us, or we have approached and have responded positively, are no less affected.

"Whether you are worth £20billion, £10billion, you were probably worth a great deal more six weeks ago.

"People are being exceptionally cautious. The thing that has come in our favour is a strong performance of the US dollar, particularly against sterling, which means that it (buying an English club) has become much cheaper. We are hoping that comes to fruition.

"Obviously, we also have a transfer window coming up, the only chance a club has to amend its playing staff materially during the course of the season, and that will be playing on potential new owners' minds right now."

Guest sicko2ndbest

Next 2 weeks are crucial then. I think the guys involved in the consortium are very wealthy as why would he say that about being worth 10-20mil (trying to find a positive!)