So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

Mixed feelings after reading that.  It sounds like they're scratting around a bit for money and inviting allcomers to become part of the deal.  We'll have no idea who really owns the club.  That said, so long as the money's coming in do we really care?

The KK thing is a strange one as well.  It sounds genuine enough what Nathaniel is saying but I would have thought KK had washed his hands of things by now.  However, if they did offer him the job and the autonomy to make all footballing decisions, and he still turned it down, then he will be accused of not loving the club as much as he told us he did.  If he did come back though I'd be constantly worried about him walking again.

Dunno what to make of it all so I'm going to stop trying to second guess things and just what the next episode of the soap opera brings.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Mail reporting a Chinese consortium are in for us:

With Ashley touting the club around the world, and coming close to a serious bid from a Chinese consortium which will match his £450million asking price, he was unable

to match Venables’ demands and the deal fell through last night.

Mail reporting a Chinese consortium are in for us:

With Ashley touting the club around the world, and coming close to a serious bid from a Chinese consortium which will match his £450million asking price, he was unable

to match Venables’ demands and the deal fell through last night.

Oh my god. If it all goes wrong again, all the mongs are going to be outside SJP doing impressions like the Spanish Olympic Basketball team  :lol:

I'm still astounded that Ashley actually wants to double his money despite the shenanigans on and off the pitch driving the value of this club down and the fact he has openly admitted he is a seller - unless a super rich buyer comes along who thinks £400m is pocket change, you will have to question the sanity of a buyer at that price.

The international break could do us some favours really.

I thought that at the last International break just after Keegan walked, but here we still are.

Guest Darth Toon

Nigerian tycoons ready bid for Newcastle

Four Nigerian tycoons are finalising a bid to buy Premier League club Newcastle United and could ask fans' hero Kevin Keegan to return as manager if they succeed, the businessman leading the bid told Reuters.

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley put the team up for sale two weeks ago, having fallen foul of the fans after Keegan resigned saying he did not have full control over the buying and selling of players.

Chris Nathaniel, a London-based businessman who runs football and entertainment consultancy NVA Management, said four Nigerian entrepreneurs were ready to put up the cash to buy the club and that their bid was being finalised.

"We're at the stage now where our end are doing the relevant security checks on the individuals who have the money," Nathaniel, who is coordinating the bid, told Reuters.

"We have a lawyer here who is doing those checks before finally submitting a bid to Newcastle," he said by telephone.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/nigerian-tycoons-ready-bid-for-newcastle-943277.html