So who's going to buy the club?

Dave

For what its worth I heard about this on Monday.

TBH You're the only one i believe on this forum. What do you reckon? done deal or not?

No idea to be honest just relaying what I've been told off someone who lives in Dubai. He text me at about 3ish today saying it was a done deal. Haven't back read so dunno what time its been on the forum since.

It would be nice if true though.

Guest pont-toon

this latest rumour is a complete and utter steaming pile of tottenham hotspur

horseplop  :bng:

Why are you so sure it isn't true?

dont get me wrong - i would be over the bloody moon with a rich benefactor as the new owner

the rumour started out on another forum  - 4 posters on there all hearing the same rumour but not a sniff in the press as yet - its got wind up written all over it

i am however prepared to eat a very large slice of humble pie if i am wrong (someting to do with fenwicks window springs to mind)

Has there been even the slightest hint of this in the media? Nothing against these ITKs but surely a journalist or two would have heard something as well by now if there was something in it.

but all journo's just make things up  :coolsmiley:

Excuse the source...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1849493.ece

A KUWAITI billionaire was last night closing in on Newcastle.

Businessman Nasser Al-Kharafi is in serious discussions about buying the club for £300million.

Sources close to Al-Kharafi claim meetings have been taking place this week with a view to making owner Mike Ashley a firm offer.

The Toon deal will be channelled through an Abu Dhabi company but Al-Kharafi is the man behind it. He is worth £9billion and is listed as the world’s 48th richest man.

Al-Kharafi made his money in construction and engineering and was linked with the club last month.

At the time a spokesman claimed there was “nothing serious going on”. But Al-Kharafi and his family have been studying documents about Newcastle’s financial state and are ready to make their move.

A source close to the family said: “Newcastle intrigues them and there’s a real chance they could get the club.

“It is possible the deal could be done by next week.”

Worth 9bill, crazy as it is but is that enough in todays football state? Better than Ashleys 1.9 I suppose :lol:

I think 1 billion would see us through for 10 seasons tbh with revenue picking up the wage bill.

Doesn't matter how much they have, it's if they are willing to spend it.

Guest elbee909

Has there been even the slightest hint of this in the media? Nothing against these ITKs but surely a journalist or two would have heard something as well by now if there was something in it.

So when did you become a journo? :coolsmiley:

So when did you become a journo? :coolsmiley:

When he started spouting shite.

As far as I'm concerned, I was still a sperm cell on that date.

in the daily mail too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1080200/Kuwaiti-billionaire-ready-buy-Newcastle-end-week.html?ITO=1490

Mike Ashley's Newcastle hell could soon be over. The Magpies owner has been desperate to sell the club since Kevin Keegan quit as manager a month ago and a host of would-be buyers have come and gone.

However, one of them - a Kuwait billionaire - is reportedly ready to offer Ashley £300m for the struggling club.

ashley

Ready to sell: Mike Ashley

The Sun reports that businessman Nasser Al-Kharafi is in serious discussions with Ashley and is ready to table a firm offer.

The Toon deal will be channelled through an Abu Dhabi company but Al-Kharafi is the man behind it. He is worth £9billion and is listed as the world’s 48th richest man.

He made his money in construction and engineering and was linked with the club last month when a spokesman claimed there was 'nothing serious going on'.

But Al-Kharafi and his family have been studying documents about Newcastle’s financial state and are ready to make their move.

A source close to the family said: 'Newcastle intrigues them and there’s a real chance they could get the club. It is possible the deal could be done by next week.'