Who Is Most Important To Their Club?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who out of these is more important to their club, Ronaldo to Man Ure, Lampard to Chelski or Gerrard to Liverpool? nearly forgot Fabrigas to Arsenal.

All three are massive players at club level but who would be the bigger miss when injured.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Who out of these is more important to their club, Ronaldo to Man Ure, Lampard to Chelski or Gerrard to Liverpool? nearly forgot Fabrigas to Arsenal.

All three are massive players at club level but who would be the bigger miss when injured.

Ronaldo. Man U look nothing without him.

When thinking about this it made me wonder who we miss the most and sadly we have no one of that kind of caliber in our squad.

All of the above players are missed at some level when they are out of the starting 11, non of those clubs are the same and we have not a soul that has that effect.

When thinking about this it made me wonder who we miss the most and sadly we have no one of that kind of caliber in our squad.

All of the above players are missed at some level when they are out of the starting 11, non of those clubs are the same and we have not a soul that has that effect.

Martins?  Not saying he's world class mind just talking in terms of the impact of absence. 

Aye, I love Oba and we do miss him but not to the extent that those others are missed. I would love for Jonas to turn out to be that kind of player for us but all of the others have a great goal scoring record they are all match winners can Jonas become that?

:iamatwat:

PS - there are four players there btw.

Gerrard saves Liverpool's arse time and time again btw, so it's clearly him. They'd never even have Torres if it wasn't for him dragging them up to the CL (and the cash).

Seriously, look at the rest of their team away from those two over the last few years and tell me who's all that great.

Ronaldo is class, but Man Utd were great before him and will be great after.

The amount of times Gerrard has saved Liverpool is ridiculous, he's the closest to being a one man team there is in the premiership. Without him Liverpool would have done nothing much over the last few years.

Gerrard, by a mile.

That's why it's so frustrating that he's utter s*** for England.

If Fat Frank was dropped and Gerrard played in his position, you'd see a different England.  Lampard can't tackle - too busy shooting from all angles, trying to score from a dodgy deflection.

Last season Ronaldo was the difference between Man U winning the league or not. Gerrard was the difference between Liverpool finishing 4th and scoring alot of goals, or finishing 4th and not scoring as much. Ronaldo it is.

Gerrard, by a mile.

If Fat Frank was dropped and Gerrard played in his position, you'd see a different England.  Lampard can't tackle - too busy shooting from all angles, trying to score from a dodgy deflection.

Gerrard can't keep possession at International level as he still tries to play those Hollywood balls all of the time, Lampard over Gerrard all day for England.

Gerrard, by a mile.

Too busy being man of the match in the last game too.

Ah its lovely to have a debate about football without it being about how poor things are fir us right now. :D

Arsenal looked shocking without Fabrigas though too, Lampard scores so many winning goals for Chelski, BUT I guess a lot depends on squad strength too, who comes int o replace these players if they are out.

Chelsea would do well without Lampard, they are as far from a one-man-team as it gets IMO. They could easily push Ballack up the pitch a bit and play Mikel (even though I don't particularly rate him) and Essien (which is one of the best CMs in the world) behind him and they'd be fine. If we are assuming that the rest of the team is fit, they would still get plenty of goals from Drogba, Cole, Ballack and Anelka while still not conceding much.

I said Ronaldo.

Without him United win nothing last year IMO. He's that little bit of goalscoring quality to cap off a team that is so solid back to front, but without him they lose that scariness.

Gerrard is massive for Liverpool also, obviously, but they're still perennial 4th place finishers with or without him as far as I can see.

I actually think Drogba has been more important to Chelsea than Lampard btw.

That's not a slight on Lampard, I just think Drogba is that good. Phenomenal player who has been the focal point of everything they've done for years now.

For us it's probably Martins, strangely enough. A very frustarting player at times no doubt, but we tend to look absolutely fucking useless every time he doesn't play.

That's not a slight on Lampard, I just think Drogba is that good. Phenomenal player who has been the focal point of everything they've done for years now.

For us it's probably Martins, strangely enough. A very frustarting player at times no doubt, but we tend to look absolutely fucking useless every time he doesn't play.

Agree regarding Martins. There is something about him that makes us look twice as dangerous when we're on the ball when he's playing as opposed to when he's not. Still though, it's hard to ignore Owen's goals, he's a constant threat and you can count on him to get the goals. I just can't wait til we finally get to see them play together again.

Agree regarding Martins. There is something about him that makes us look twice as dangerous when we're on the ball when he's playing as opposed to when he's not. Still though, it's hard to ignore Owen's goals, he's a constant threat and you can count on him to get the goals. I just can't wait til we finally get to see them play together again.

It's Martins pace that worries teams. They can't push up and play a high line when he's on the pitch for fear of being caught in behind, which they can with Owen. This gives our entire team more space to play in when in possession. He also unsettles opponents I think, he's so unpredictable that its hard to know what to do with him.

Agree about seeing them together, but I don't see a regular 4-4-2 working which is why I'm really hoping we stick with the 4-3-1-2 we had last year. With a focal point for them to play off like Viduka, they're great to have on the pitch at the same time.