Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not while this lot are in charge I won't. I'm never going to forgive them for this quite frankly.

I've been changing my mind on this so many times while trying to make some sense out of what's happened but why did Keegan leave the way he did?  Does it tell us that he wasn't that bothered about the club?

I wouldn't like to be undermined at work but I think I'd put up with that if I was doing something I loved rather than something I had to do to pay the bills.

As far as I'm concerned it must have been that bad for him to leave. Knowing how he feels about this club.

I disagree. I think Keegan showed that his connection to the club possibly isn't as strong as all of us would like to think it is.

How bad would it have to be for you, or anyone else on this board, to quit managing Newcastle United ON SEPTEMBER 1ST? Even if Dennis Wise was wanking my dog, I'd at least see the season through.

Utter rubbish.

That would be you.

Dear, oh dear.

As far as I'm concerned it must have been that bad for him to leave. Knowing how he feels about this club.

Think about it, would you have quit in his position?  I don't think that I would have to be honest.

The fact you even question Kevin Keegan's feelings for this club after everything he has done for us shows you to be a complete and utter mug.

As hard as it is, think for a moment.

Under what circumstance would you EVER leave the club you love knowing perfectly well what would happen if you did? And on September 1st?

Keegan valued his own pride over the good of Newcastle United. I can understand that, the man's human. But he certainly no longer has my unconditional trust.

Under what circumstance would you EVER leave the club you love knowing perfectly well what would happen if you did? And on September 1st?

Keegan valued his own pride over the good of Newcastle United. I can understand that, the man's human. But he certainly no longer has my unconditional trust.

I doubt he'd have known how things were going to turn out, none of us knew that.  I just think it was too easy for him to walk but he was happy enough to meet Ashley so I still think he probably wanted a return.

I doubt he'd have known how things were going to turn out, none of us knew that.  I just think it was too easy for him to walk but he was happy enough to meet Ashley so I still think he probably wanted a return.

I agree with that.  I think they've both called each others' bluff & both ended up losing ???

I agree with that.  I think they've both called each others' bluff & both ended up losing ???

They are like two adult kids if that makes any sense and I think that they have both lost out which makes this situation even more moronic and sad.

They are like two adult kids if that makes any sense and I think that they have both lost out which makes this situation even more moronic and sad.

Yup, for all we don't know much about Ashley, the one thing you can say about Keegan is that he doesn't understand the term "compromise", Ashley is more than likely the same.

And we all lose out.

You don't get it right very often Liam, but that's spot on.

Fuck off, I'm right all of the time :lol:

Yu, for all we don't know much about Ashley, the one thing you can say about Keegan is that he doesn't understand the term "compromise", Ashley is more than likely the same.

And we all lose out.

Most of the people who I know that have been really successful in what they have done think they are always right, no matter what they do.  I think that's how they are good although that's a bit too simplistic.

f*** off, I'm right all of the time :lol:

Sure you are :)

Yu, for all we don't know much about Ashley, the one thing you can say about Keegan is that he doesn't understand the term "compromise", Ashley is more than likely the same.

And we all lose out.

Most of the people who I know that have been really successful in what they have done think they are always right, no matter what they do.  I think that's how they are good although that's a bit too simplistic.

Do you seriously expect us to believe that anyone sucessful would be associated with you Mick ? :)

Or are you talking about NE5 here ? What's he sucessful at ?

Most of the people who I know that have been really successful in what they have done think they are always right, no matter what they do.  I think that's how they are good.

:thup:

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, you must have missed the bit which is now bold.

Most of the people who I know that have been really successful in what they have done think they are always right, no matter what they do.  I think that's how they are good.

:thup:

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, you must have missed the bit which is now bold.

Bastard :lol:

Do you seriously expect us to believe that anyone sucessful would be associated with you Mick ? :)

Or are you talking about NE5 here ? What's he sucessful at ?

Weird isn't it?  Second question no, third question nowt.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

KK thinks like this:

My principles

My players

The fans

The club

Fuck the rest

KK will always stick by his principles over anything and everything, even money and lots of it which he's proved time and time again first here, then with England and then with Man City and now it seems once more back at Newcastle.

We should all know KK well enough by now to know just how principled a man he is and how rigidly he sticks by them. At 3-1 up at Anfield he was demanding the team went forward in search of more goals, he would not change his attacking principles for the world. He wouldn't rather lose but he was more than willing to take a gamble on conceding if it meant the possibility of scoring more goals.

Sadly in this day and age principles, integrity, honour and self respect are classed as weaknesses, oddly by those who lack such traits, namely the media, fickle fans and money men.

Ashley has shown a lack of integrity, honour and principles.

On the surface it appears he's sticking by his system (his principles) but the fact KK resigned shows he hasn't because obvious promises were made and not kept. There is no way KK would talk for Ashley when he said not even the chairman wants to sell Milner, unless Ashley himself had said that to him or KK was giving such assurances from the boardroom.

There is no way KK would have came back if he was told all he would be was Mr motivator to the team.

In a weird twisted way you could say that KK has let the club down, or the fans, by walking away. I can buy that. But he would have been letting himself down had he just stayed and you can't beat yourself up like that man, we've all been there when we've let ourselves down and it isn't nice is it. Long-term he would have also let us down, his players and the club because he wouldn't have been able to give his best.

Did he or did he not do the right thing will be debated for years and there will always be two sides but as far as I'm concerned, he did what was best for him and long-term he'll be proved to have done what was best for the club.

His departure has exposed a false dawn and incompetence of a high degree among many other things.

We are hurting as a consequence of his resignation and may hurt for some time but this isn't by choice, lets not forget that. KK will be as saddened as we are. To leave behind a job he loved, players he enjoyed working with, staff who were his friends and fans who loved him and who he loves too, he'll be kicking himself it didn't all work out like we are now.

KK thinks like this:

My principles

My players

The fans

The club

Fuck the rest

KK will always stick by his principles over anything and everything, even money and lots of it which he's proved time and time again first here, then with England and then with Man City and now it seems once more back at Newcastle.

We should all know KK well enough by now to know just how principled a man he is and how rigidly he sticks by them. At 3-1 up at Anfield he was demanding the team went forward in search of more goals, he would not change his attacking principles for the world. He wouldn't rather lose but he was more than willing to take a gamble on conceding if it meant the possibility of scoring more goals.

Sadly in this day and age principles, integrity, honour and self respect are classed as weaknesses, oddly by those who lack such traits, namely the media, fickle fans and money men.

Ashley has shown a lack of integrity, honour and principles.

On the surface it appears he's sticking by his system (his principles) but the fact KK resigned shows he hasn't because obvious promises were made and not kept. There is no way KK would talk for Ashley when he said not even the chairman wants to sell Milner, unless Ashley himself had said that to him or KK was giving such assurances from the boardroom.

There is no way KK would have came back if he was told all he would be was Mr motivator to the team.

In a weird twisted way you could say that KK has let the club down, or the fans, by walking away. I can buy that. But he would have been letting himself down had he just stayed and you can't beat yourself up like that man, we've all been there when we've let ourselves down and it isn't nice is it. Long-term he would have also let us down, his players and the club because he wouldn't have been able to give his best.

Did he or did he not do the right thing will be debated for years and there will always be two sides but as far as I'm concerned, he did what was best for him and long-term he'll be proved to have done what was best for the club.

His departure has exposed a false dawn and incompetence of a high degree among many other things.

We are hurting as a consequence of his resignation and may hurt for some time but this isn't by choice, lets not forget that. KK will be as saddened as we are. To leave behind a job he loved, players he enjoyed working with, staff who were his friends and fans who loved him and who he loves too, he'll be kicking himself it didn't all work out like we are now.

Good line. Could it be possble that Kevin sacrificed his job, the job he loved, so that the fans can see for real, who is in charge of our club ?

It might be a bit fancyful but for me I choose to believe he did it for a reason such as this rather just thrown a hissy fit because he couldnt get his own way.

So, if he put his principles first, why did he walk out on the club hours after the transfer window closed and not as soon as he realised he was been undermined in the market?

Because then the club could have easily contradicted him by saying "but we were going to give Kevin all the funds he needed". Once the window closed, surely that was the point when he realised that he could do no more.