Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Far too many are worried about what happened against Hull. We could've won that on another day with some more luck (had Guthrie or Owen put their chances away at 0-0 we would've won, and both could've gone in) and then no one would be talking about relegation.

Watch us beat West Ham on Saturday and we'll be back talking about top half again.

I'm sorry but from my point of view this has nothing whatsover to do with the Hull game. The old blokes on here have seen this before. The really old blokes remember only too well the off the field problems of 77/78, which no matter what anyone says effect hugely the team on the pitch. The slightly younger old blokes like me remember some 20 odd years ago when we were last relegated. We had a shitty board back then, who had no ambition whatsover, crappy manager who had done a Roeder, the crowd were chanting sack the board and trying to organise themselves. We were an absolute mess off the field and we went down.

We can't go on the way we are at the moment for too much longer, if we don't get a proper manager in, have some resolution to the ownership situation, the turmoil will continue and I don't care how good the players are their performances will be effected.

said this last week.

nailed on, apart from really old

Far too many are worried about what happened against Hull. We could've won that on another day with some more luck (had Guthrie or Owen put their chances away at 0-0 we would've won, and both could've gone in) and then no one would be talking about relegation.

Watch us beat West Ham on Saturday and we'll be back talking about top half again.

I'm sorry but from my point of view this has nothing whatsover to do with the Hull game. The old blokes on here have seen this before. The really old blokes remember only too well the off the field problems of 77/78, which no matter what anyone says effect hugely the team on the pitch. The slightly younger old blokes like me remember some 20 odd years ago when we were last relegated. We had a shitty board back then, who had no ambition whatsover, crappy manager who had done a Roeder, the crowd were chanting sack the board and trying to organise themselves. We were an absolute mess off the field and we went down.

We can't go on the way we are at the moment for too much longer, if we don't get a proper manager in, have some resolution to the ownership situation, the turmoil will continue and I don't care how good the players are their performances will be effected.

said this last week.

nailed on, apart from really old

Sadly, NE5, we ARE really old compared to the majority on this site ; however, that gives us more experience of things NUFC and therefore I can tell them that we really ARE likely to end up in the relegation dogfight after the events of the past 2 weeks.

I honestly think this season could be one of the hardest yet. I think we could go down this season.

I can't see how anyone is NOT worried about this - no manager, no hope of employing any decent manager until we're sold, grumbling on the terraces, negativity oozing from every corner breeding more negativity all around, players injured all over the place, club being sold or not being sold, a sale taking ages to fulfill leading to no transfer activity in January (apart from players wanting to move away).

If it isn't resolved in the next few weeks how can anyone be confident we'll stay up?

The only thing that encourages me is that surely Ashley isn't going to let his asset be devalued to the point where we are relegated and therefore worth a lot less to him. But looking at his antics and those of his cohorts I'm not confident by any means. If they cannot find us a left back how can they find us a buyer FFS?

Looking at the current squads in the rest of the league frankly, I am shitting myself. This will be the most competitive season in the history of the Premiership. With the exception of the top 4, who can honestly say they can accurately predict the other 16 places!?

The only thing that encourages me is that surely Ashley isn't going to let his asset be devalued to the point where we are relegated and therefore worth a lot less to him. But looking at his antics and those of his cohorts I'm not confident by any means. If they cannot find us a left back how can they find us a buyer FFS?

Precisely.

Does anyone seriously believe Mike 'sensible plan' Ashley will allow his investment to drop in value so much (ie us going down)? Come off it.

He says he will sell, and I believe him. If we are playing very poorly, it'll just make him act quicker. And then for the new buyer the first point comes back into play...

Does anyone seriously believe Mike 'sensible plan' Ashley will allow his investment to drop in value so much (ie us going down)? Come off it.

He says he will sell, and I believe him. If we are playing very poorly, it'll just make him act quicker. And then for the new buyer the first point comes back into play...

I frankly don't believe anything he says. Just a fact unfortunately.

He's trying to sell us for £481 million ... Who's going to pay that for us in the condition we are in right now?

Yes, because this season doesn't have anything else better than this in store for us, well maybe a bit, max 12th if we are lucky, but that's it.

Would rather bypass this season and move on to the next since the club has once again ruined another season and put another year of misery at our doorsteps.

He's trying to sell us for £481 million ... Who's going to pay that for us in the condition we are in right now?

That figure is being bandied about a lot these days, didn't it come purely from that Arabian Business website? Hardly what I'd call fact at this point.

In any case, I'm not saying anyone will pay that. Just saying that if things get desperate on the pitch, he'll have to accept much less than £481m. If everyone knows he's asking for silly money to begin with, why the complaints that he's not sold yet? If nobody bites he'll lower the asking price.

It's as if he's thought of a number and doubled it. Bought for 130 million plus 110mill debts = 240 mill - double it = 480 million, and the million he's paying Dennis Wise.

It's easy come easy go for MA and has been all along. I'm not convinced he's not going to make us suffer. If he's really spiteful he could just run us into the ground.

Yes, because this season doesn't have anything else better than this in store for us, well maybe a bit, max 12th if we are lucky, but that's it.

Would rather bypass this season and move on to the next since the club has once again ruined another season and put another year of misery at our doorsteps.

We could do with the extra £3m tbh. ;)

Like we'd see it!  :laugh:

Like we'd see it!  :laugh:

:(

Never underestimate the power of belief (confidence) of players to influence a result. Right now our lot must be back at ground-zero following recent events. Doesn't bode well and relegation is a possibility unless something concrete happens quite quickly.

One poor and rather unlucky result against Hull doesn't mean we're relegation fodder all of a sudden for fuck sake!  We had eight first team players out but we still created chances and scored a goal.  By the way some are talking you'd think we've just gone on a 6 game losing streak or looked absolutely hopeless against Hull, neither is true.  With a few players back (the likes of Gutierrez, Martins ect) we'll do ok even if Hughton stays as caretaker for the rest of the season, there's nothing at all to worry about on that score.

As it is we might have a new owner tomorrow for all we know, so lets not panic there either.

One poor and rather unlucky result against Hull doesn't mean we're relegation fodder all of a sudden for f*** sake!  We had eight first team players out but we still created chances and scored a goal.  By the way some are talking you'd think we've just gone on a 6 game losing streak or looked absolutely hopeless against Hull, neither is true.  With a few players back (the likes of Gutierrez, Martins ect) we'll do ok even if Hughton stays as caretaker for the rest of the season, there's nothing at all to worry about on that score.

As it is we might have a new owner tomorrow for all we know, so lets not panic there either.

Teasy read my previous posts, this has nowt to do with the Hull game. Honestly there are worrying signs here that we've seen before. No one is doubting that we have the quality to expect much more than 17th but all this off the field crap will hinder any progress on the field, you might think that they are not related but I can tell you they certainly are. We've seen it happen at our own club but for recent memory, Leeds's team that droped down could easily be described as "too good to go down", there was a lot of talent in that team and a few teams a lot worse than them on paper, but they went down largely because of the mess they were in off the field. Of course our situation is not as bad as theirs was but we are in one hell of a mess right now and it's not exactly looking like a solution to all our problems is right around the corner.

Can't be complacent about the threat of relegation, but we do have some quality players when all are fit. Owen and Martins will score enough goals. Guittierez(spelling?) is quality. Coloccini and Taylor and Beye are decent at the back. We should have enough.

are you sure, owen will be here during the relegation run in?

I wonder how many people voting yes bother going to games?

It like some are playing Championship Manager, after having a shit start you shut it off and start a new game.

I think you've been playing Championship Manager if you fail to understand the human element here.