Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This whole fiasco has cost us Owen that's for certain who is by far our most valuable asset on the pitch. They've cocked that one up big style. Re-signing Owen would have been a statement of intent to everyone else, which is why Keegan had been trying to get it resolved for months.

I'm honestly not sure Owen was ever going to re-sign anyway.

He's been playing us like he tried to do with Liverpool before they sold him, now he's got his perfect excuse.

Pretty much how I see it.

Tbf us lot make the point all the time that the players don't care about the club, they're just here for the money etc etc. I don't see how they've all have just changed their priorities over this situation. If someone decent comes in and they respect him, I honestly don't think they'll give a fuck once results inevitably pick up.

I sound like HTT btw. Fucking hell.

Not perpetual enough. ;)

Too snobby as well mind. ;)

You or him? ;)

Has to be me. HTT's from the West End. ;)

Nothing wrong with the West End :angry:

I knew I'd get a rise out of that one. ;)

I sound like HTT btw. Fucking hell.

Not perpetual enough. ;)

Too snobby as well mind. ;)

You or him? ;)

Has to be me. HTT's from the West End. ;)

Nothing wrong with the West End :angry:

I knew I'd get a rise out of that one. ;)

I knew you'd be expecting one :lol:

Anyway, I should have said there's nothing wrong with the West End............. apart from the murder of those two Chinese Students........oh and the shooting in the Turnpike.............oh and ..............

Far too many are worried about what happened against Hull. We could've won that on another day with some more luck (had Guthrie or Owen put their chances away at 0-0 we would've won, and both could've gone in) and then no one would be talking about relegation.

Watch us beat West Ham on Saturday and we'll be back talking about top half again.

Far too many are worried about what happened against Hull. We could've won that on another day with some more luck (had Guthrie or Owen put their chances away at 0-0 we would've won, and both could've gone in) and then no one would be talking about relegation.

Watch us beat West Ham on Saturday and we'll be back talking about top half again.

It was almost as if the fans (and I include myself in that, even though I wasn't there) were just waiting for the team to fuck up. It was almost inevitable.

If we'd taken the lead early on - the Owen one sticks out, obviously - things could have been so, so different.

It was almost as if the fans (and I include myself in that, even though I wasn't there) were just waiting for the team to fuck up. It was almost inevitable.

If we'd taken the lead early on - the Owen one sticks out, obviously - things could have been so, so different.

I really think Hull were our worst possible opponents at the time too, as there isn't a team in the league which you have to beat more than them, putting extra pressure on the players and probably made them a bit more nervous.

Our 'mythical' good side will only play together a few times this season, I would like to think we are better than 17th but I don't think we are by much.

As for Spurs that dodo of DOF didn't sign Jol a decent DM last year & has not signed Ramos one this year. Got 2 AM in though, to join the collection they had. Cant understand why they spunked money on Corluka (sp) when they had Hutton & Gunther, yet have zokora  & Huddlestone acting as DM's  & they cant stop anything getting past them in midfield.

I'm sorry but from my point of view this has nothing whatsover to do with the Hull game. The old blokes on here have seen this before. The really old blokes remember only too well the off the field problems of 77/78, which no matter what anyone says effect hugely the team on the pitch. The slightly younger old blokes like me remember some 20 odd years ago when we were last relegated. We had a shitty board back then, who had no ambition whatsover, crappy manager who had done a Roeder, the crowd were chanting sack the board and trying to organise themselves. We were an absolute mess off the field and we went down.

We can't go on the way we are at the moment for too much longer, if we don't get a proper manager in, have some resolution to the ownership situation, the turmoil will continue and I don't care how good the players are their performances will be effected.

Yes.

We arent gonna compete at the top, the season is already wasted, so i'll be happy to have nother bash next season.

With what players? Any decent players will leave if we finish 17th and we wont be able to attract anyone better after it either.