Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

if Ashley hasn't had any luck in selling the club in Dubai then I hope he comes back and gets on with things until someone comes along, get a manager appointed

That's what he should have been doing from the moment he released his statement instead of fucking off to whore the club around and making a tit of himself. That would be too sensible though and the obvious thing to do. Just like flying back home to attend to things when KK walked instead of partying in New York and leaving it a week to talk to him.

He was in New York on other business wasn't he? He can't drop everything with his bigger company just because king Kev has fucked off in a sulk again.

No doubt we are better than that, but there are too many things wrong at the club right now to think anything more than survival should be the target. We are in a huge mess, I don't think the majority of fans fully appreciate how bad the situation currently is. The worst part is that there's not much light visible at the end of the tunnel.

And we wouldnt be in half as much mess if a majority of fans didnt spit their dummies out and make a bad mess a monumental mess. Things could/may have been sorted out

How is all of this the fans fault?

Guest Howaythetoon

if Ashley hasn't had any luck in selling the club in Dubai then I hope he comes back and gets on with things until someone comes along, get a manager appointed

That's what he should have been doing from the moment he released his statement instead of f***ing off to whore the club around and making a tit of himself. That would be too sensible though and the obvious thing to do. Just like flying back home to attend to things when KK walked instead of partying in New York and leaving it a week to talk to him.

He was in New York on other business wasn't he? He can't drop everything with his bigger company just because king Kev has f***ed off in a sulk again.

Ironically Ashley went and sulked too. :D

If by other business you mean getting shit-faced then yes, yes he was. In fact I have some 'other business' to attend to myself tomorrow night :lol:

Maybe he had another meeting to attend to the morning after? I agree it doesn't look too great on his part but none of us know the exact circumstances.

We went into the hull game with 4 points from 3 games despite facing games away to both manure and arsenal. Pre-season wasn't great but that was more about fitness than anything else. The team was gelling nicely and the tactics were beginning to work.

A bad result against hull and its soon the end of the world! Fair enough there has been trouble with the people who run the club/team, but we need to pick the team up and come away from west ham with at least a point - something not out of our hands. The same players are still there and the toon army will still be there, so apart from the managment, what else do we need?

Another good performance and a bit of luck, we can go into the next game feeling great about the start to the season. Its still early doors for the season and things off the field will improve . . . . . . eventually. The doom and gloom merchants will soon get bored and piss off but to count the season off just 4 games in is quite honestly a joke! FFS grow some testicles!!!

:thup:

No doubt we are better than that, but there are too many things wrong at the club right now to think anything more than survival should be the target. We are in a huge mess, I don't think the majority of fans fully appreciate how bad the situation currently is. The worst part is that there's not much light visible at the end of the tunnel.

And we wouldnt be in half as much mess if a majority of fans didnt spit their dummies out and make a bad mess a monumental mess. Things could/may have been sorted out

How is all of this the fans fault?

I didnt say all of it was the fans fault. Normally its the media that blows a story out of a window but those who cried  'my life is over, keegan was everything to me. ashley and wise out' showed the club up. I can understand people not being happy (I personally was very angry) but to aim very strong abuse at the management when we didnt and still dont know what went on, is kind of out of order.

We went into the hull game with 4 points from 3 games despite facing games away to both manure and arsenal. Pre-season wasn't great but that was more about fitness than anything else. The team was gelling nicely and the tactics were beginning to work.

A bad result against hull and its soon the end of the world! Fair enough there has been trouble with the people who run the club/team, but we need to pick the team up and come away from west ham with at least a point - something not out of our hands. The same players are still there and the toon army will still be there, so apart from the managment, what else do we need?

Another good performance and a bit of luck, we can go into the next game feeling great about the start to the season. Its still early doors for the season and things off the field will improve . . . . . . eventually. The doom and gloom merchants will soon get bored and piss off but to count the season off just 4 games in is quite honestly a joke! FFS grow some testicles!!!

I think that was a very good post, I just can't get my head around anything at the moment and I agree with the sentiment but the reason we were gelling on the pitch and the players were enjoying things again was down to the man the board have deemed pretty much as replaceable.

Right now I'd take 17th - no question. If we get a new owner/ manager soon or Ashley gets a second chance soon & sorts out his structure then no.

If this drags on we may be almost gone by the January transfer window. Don't kid yourself otherwise, we struggled last year under BS (we got some very lucky results with late goals under him) & we are in a far far worse situation this time around.

It would take a massive effort from a care taker manager/ temp manager to get the team into a winning side while the ownership issue drags on.

Seemingly decent sides with good players do go down & they go down largely because of behind the scenes issues.

Right now I'd take 17th - no question. If we get a new owner/ manager soon or Ashley gets a second chance soon & sorts out his structure then no.

If this drags on we may be almost gone by the January transfer window. Don't kind yourself otherwise, we struggled last year under BS (we got some very lucky results with late goals under him) & we are in a far far worse situation this time around.

It would take a massive effort from a care taker manager/ temp manager to get the team into a winning side while the ownership issue drags on.

Seemingly decent sides with good players do go down & they go down largely because of behind the scenes issues.

I don't have a probably with the structure as it is, more the chain of command which has gone horribly wrong. The manager should have the final say on all footballing matters IMO.

I think that was a very good post, I just can't get my head around anything at the moment and I agree with the sentiment but the reason we were gelling on the pitch and the players were enjoying things again was down to the man the board have deemed pretty much as replaceable.

They (the players) will get over it. We've just got to hope the board - whoever they are - appoint someone good. Considering the managers that have already said they'd fancy it, I'm relatively confident we're still an attractive club to work for.

They (the players) will get over it. We've just got to hope the board - whoever they are - appoint someone good. Considering the managers that have already said they'd fancy it, I'm relatively confident we're still an attractive club to work for.

I don't think some of them will and I can't see us being that attractive at the moment with everything that has happened for a manager. Would you want to take over knowing that you're never going to be able to compare to the man before you? Rightly or wrongly btw, unless it's someone who has an ego above their station such as Allardyce.

This whole fiasco has cost us Owen that's for certain who is by far our most valuable asset on the pitch. They've cocked that one up big style. Re-signing Owen would have been a statement of intent to everyone else, which is why Keegan had been trying to get it resolved for months.

Considering the managers that have already said they'd fancy it, I'm relatively confident we're still an attractive club to work for.

So do I, but I'm worried the interested candidates will be ignored in favour of chasing after someone from another English club like Bruce for instance.

This whole fiasco has cost us Owen that's for certain who is by far our most valuable asset on the pitch. They've cocked that one up big style. Re-signing Owen would have been a statement of intent to everyone else, which is why Keegan had been trying to get it resolved for months.

I'm honestly not sure Owen was ever going to re-sign anyway.

I honestly think he would have re-signed.

Can you name a club btw in the country where anybody is as loved by the masses as Keegan? Even SAF doesn't have as much affection and genuine love as Keegan does by his faithful.

I'm sure Wenger is well up there.

Not on the same level as love as we have for Keegan. Not a chance. I don't know anything like it in this country.

Well most of the fans who still hold him in that regard that is. Mainly as I think our genuine support is better than most others and there is something about this football club, but I'm biased on that matter. When we love someone up here, we love them like no other.

Things that occur in the board room are off the pitch so shouldnt be in the players mind. As bad as it sounds, they still have their contracts and will still get paid at the end of the week.

We've got to make sure that the sense of discouragement and anger doesnt filter into their minds as a sense of not belonging, panic, anger and frustration will soon lead to transfer requests and a thin squad becoming even thinner. As with anytime, the players are the only people that could see us win things and/or get relegated. The priority in the current climate is to therefore guarentee our support and performances rather than selling the club - the club WILL move hands at some point, so in the mean time we've got to ensure the people that count know we are behind them.

Screw performances off the pitch, its on the pitch where our season occurs!

He's been playing us like he tried to do with Liverpool before they sold him, now he's got his perfect excuse.

He's been playing us like he tried to do with Liverpool before they sold him, now he's got his perfect excuse.

I don't blame him either.

Can you name a club btw in the country where anybody is as loved by the masses as Keegan? Even SAF doesn't have as much affection and genuine love as Keegan does by his faithful.

I'm sure Wenger is well up there.

Not on the same level as love as we have for Keegan. Not a chance. I don't know anything like it in this country.

Well most of the fans who still hold him in that regard that is. Mainly as I think our genuine support is better than most others and there is something about this football club, but I'm biased on that matter. When we love someone up here, we love them like no other.

True, another thing to factor in in comparison is the fact that Keegan was a player for us as well and a successful one too.