Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thing is though Libertine, we all accept that Kevin isnt whiter than white, he has his flaws and he has made his mistakes.

The difference between Kevin and Mike, for me anyway, is that I believe that whatever Kevin does, and if that involves telling a lie, or covering something up, its purely in the interests of the football club, the team and its supporters.

top bit, very untrue. second bit, hypocritical.

Fair enough, I cant speak on behalf of all KK supporters; thats unfair. I probably should have said "most".

However, I cant force you to believe me when I say it. If you dont then fair enough - thats your opinion.

I personally think the football world is full of wankers and tossers and I think selfishness plays a big part in it. I am sure that the greatest of people in the game are all guilty of lies/cover ups/mind games etc. Are you prepared to tell me you dont think Alex Ferguson doesnt do and say things to get his own way.

Its part and parcel of the game but the over-riding factor is that for me, what ever KK does and has done, he does it in the best interests of the club - he has shown this in the past.

If you think the same of Ashley then I would like to hear your opinion

Guest The Libertine

The thing is though Libertine, we all accept that Kevin isnt whiter than white, he has his flaws and he has made his mistakes.

The difference between Kevin and Mike, for me anyway, is that I believe that whatever Kevin does, and if that involves telling a lie, or covering something up, its purely in the interests of the football club, the team and its supporters.

Fair enough, I cant speak on behalf of all KK supporters; thats unfair. I probably should have said "most".

However, I cant force you to believe me when I say it. If you dont then fair enough - thats your opinion.

I personally think the football world is full of wankers and tossers and I think selfishness plays a big part in it. I am sure that the greatest of people in the game are all guilty of lies/cover ups/mind games etc. Are you prepared to tell me you dont think Alex Ferguson doesnt do and say things to get his own way.

Its part and parcel of the game but the over-riding factor is that for me, what ever KK does and has done, he does it in the best interests of the club - he has shown this in the past.

If you think the same of Ashley then I would like to hear your opinion

quitting the club at least 3 times is not in the best interests. a few well timed words could also have helped the team/supporters during the "protest/boycoutt" thing too.

Keegan acted in the interests of the football club by resigning on September 2nd of the 2008/9 season? Whether he was right or wrong, one thing is for sure, the timing was fucking awful.

I am loathe to suggest any type of upheaval while the team is getting relatively good results, but if it gets to January and Ashley hasn't sold and we start selling players of any value rather than getting rid of players that no one wants, it might be the time for NUSC to start flexing their muscle.

Until now, we have been given the impression Ashley is doing everything he can to sell the club - except drop the price to a reasonable figure. If he's not prepared to do that, or plough funds into the team then NUSC will have been proven right and for me it's open season on Mike Ashley after the New Year. He's got till the end of the Jan transfer window.

Well, this is something NUSC is concerned about. We've been told several times that something will be have been decided/everything will be clearer by a certain date. We've got to that date and absolutely nothing has happened. It's a massive worry because we're being lied to and we're five weeks away from the transfer window opening. We're probably not going to be in the hands of new owners, unless things start happening quickly (which I admit is possible). We don't know if Ashley is going to provide some funds if he is still the owner. I'll say that I'm genuinely frightened by the prospect of January because we need new faces in, we have important players whose futures are very very uncertain and could leave in January. We're already right in the thick of a relegation battle and other clubs will use January to strengthen their squads. Meanwhile we're completely in the dark as to what's happening and I'm very concerned.

Tom what do you think should happen if there are no buyers interested even at a "reasonable" price?

I think that is the crux of the matter though, how hard is Ashley trying to sell the club? The last figures suggested by Keith Harris for a sale of the club were around £280-300million, which in a buyer's market in current financial conditions is very high.

Why does he need to make such a large profit if he's genuinely wanting to get rid? If he doesn't want to invest in the club, he should drop his price and get the sale done. No one is suggesting he should lose money, but if he gets his money back or makes a small profit at least it allows the club to move on and no one loses. If he holds onto the club and doesn't want to invest then he is taking the piss quite frankly.

Keegan acted in the interests of the football club by resigning on September 2nd of the 2008/9 season? Whether he was right or wrong, one thing is for sure, the timing was fucking awful.

Do you really think we'd be in a better position if he'd gone earlier? How do you see events unfolding better in that scenario?

How is it hypocritical?

I am loathe to suggest any type of upheaval while the team is getting relatively good results, but if it gets to January and Ashley hasn't sold and we start selling players of any value rather than getting rid of players that no one wants, it might be the time for NUSC to start flexing their muscle.

Until now, we have been given the impression Ashley is doing everything he can to sell the club - except drop the price to a reasonable figure. If he's not prepared to do that, or plough funds into the team then NUSC will have been proven right and for me it's open season on Mike Ashley after the New Year. He's got till the end of the Jan transfer window.

Well, this is something NUSC is concerned about. We've been told several times that something will be have been decided/everything will be clearer by a certain date. We've got to that date and absolutely nothing has happened. It's a massive worry because we're being lied to and we're five weeks away from the transfer window opening. We're probably not going to be in the hands of new owners, unless things start happening quickly (which I admit is possible). We don't know if Ashley is going to provide some funds if he is still the owner. I'll say that I'm genuinely frightened by the prospect of January because we need new faces in, we have important players whose futures are very very uncertain and could leave in January. We're already right in the thick of a relegation battle and other clubs will use January to strengthen their squads. Meanwhile we're completely in the dark as to what's happening and I'm very concerned.

Tom what do you think should happen if there are no buyers interested even at a "reasonable" price?

I think that is the crux of the matter though, how hard is Ashley trying to sell the club? The last figures suggested by Keith Harris for a sale of the club were around £280-300million, which in a buyer's market in current financial conditions is very high.

Why does he need to make such a large profit if he's genuinely wanting to get rid? If he doesn't want to invest in the club, he should drop his price and get the sale done. No one is suggesting he should lose money, but if he gets his money back or makes a small profit at least it allows the club to move on and no one loses. If he holds onto the club and doesn't want to invest then he is taking the piss quite frankly.

If that is an accurate figure (there's no reason why it shouldn't be) and any potential buyer from the US or Middle East is dealing in US$, then recent currency exchange rates will have reduced the price by almost 25% since the sale proceeded.

Even with that price reduction the club may not sell in the current market conditions, lets face it nothing is selling right now and forecasts for next year are even worse.

It may be that a compromise has to be found while Ashley retains control for the foreseeable future.

I hope common sense would then prevail and all parties put the interests of NUFC first, but judging by some stuff written on here I doubt that will happen.

"We want Ashley's head but we dont know why".

Making it so the manager felt his position was untenable, lying to the fans, piss poor communication ever since Mort left, failure to back his manager's to sufficient levels in transfer windows. There's some for you.

Making it so the manager felt his position was untenable, lying to the fans, piss poor communication ever since Mort left, failure to back his manager's to sufficient levels in transfer windows. There's some for you.

Probably wrong on all counts. But a popular theory nevertheless.

How so?

popular, because its what happened.

How so?

can't see how any of them can be wrong.

had keegan not felt his situation to be untenable he'd still be here, so point one is obviously true

he said the club didnt owe a penny to anyone, then said we still had debts. he said keegan was in charge, then a club statement said otherwise. so it looks like ashley, or at least the board on his behalf, have lied to us.

and if theyve lied, then that is a flaw in communication, which shows point three to be true. and regardless, communication is about perception, if a large portion of fans feel they havent been communicated with properly, then they havent.

the failure to back the manager to sufficient levels is undeniable, it's not even a point of debate.

popular, because its what happened.

You may think that, but you don't know for certain what happened. No-one does other than the people directly involved. And they're all keeping schtum at the minute.

How so?

had keegan not felt his situation to be untenable he'd still be here, so point one is obviously true

he said the club didnt owe a penny to anyone, then said we still had debts. he said keegan was in charge, then a club statement said otherwise. so it looks like ashley, or at least the board on his behalf, have lied to us.

and if theyve lied, then that is a flaw in communication, which shows point three to be true. and regardless, communication is about perception, if a large portion of fans feel they havent been communicated with properly, then they havent.

the failure to back the manager to sufficient levels is undeniable, it's not even a point of debate.

It's old hat now BUT it IS a point of great debate.

Keegan (much as I love him) is a serial quitter. At the first sign of not getting what he wanted the dummy was spat out.

How so?

It's old hat now BUT it IS a point of great debate.

Keegan (much as I love him) is a serial quitter. At the first sign of not getting what he wanted the dummy was spat out.

the first point can't be contested as Keegan quit, therefore he felt his situation to be untenable and Ashley (and his board) caused this. what can be contested is whether you feel Keegan was being unreasonable in assessing the tenability of his position.

the second point can only be contested if you feel a net spend of £3m over 3 transfer windows is a 'sufficient level'. but i'd worry about any fan who thought this was acceptable. For comparison, Sunderland spent £60m net more than us in the same period.

At the first sign of not getting what he wanted the dummy was spat out.

The first sign of him not getting what he wanted was at the end of last season. He gave them the transfer window to prove him wrong. He wasn't and they didn't.

At the first sign of not getting what he wanted the dummy was spat out.

The first sign of him not getting what he wanted was at the end of last season. He gave them the transfer window to prove him wrong. He wasn't and they didn't.

he wanted to give the fans the team they deserve, you think that was wrong? and we deserve a poor team?

Guest The Libertine

How is it hypocritical?

its ok for X to lie, cheat and steal but not Y?

How is it hypocritical?

He's talking about motive. The difference between a white lie and a con.

It's not hypocritical to say you'd lie, cheat and steal to feed your family if desperate, but wouldn't do it to get a plasma TV.

The question to be answered is whether any other Premier League manager would have been happy to be landed with two mediocre players they didn't want - and in the absence of other signings - on deadline day.

If you think the answer to that is "none", then Keegan being a serial quitter is neither here nor there.

Guest The Libertine

How is it hypocritical?

He's talking about motive. The difference between a white lie and a con.

It's not hypocritical to say you'd lie, cheat and steal to feed your family if desperate, but wouldn't do it to get a plasma TV.

http://i37.tinypic.com/wkgyso.jpg

Mate, your absolutely clueless. I dont know why you even bother.

Clueless aye of course I am. I'm glad you found my post that clueless that you can't even respond to it without resorting to petty insults.

johnnypd has addressed my points, if you disagree with them then state why.

Clueless aye of course I am. I'm glad you found my post that clueless that you can't even respond to it without resorting to petty insults.

johnnypd has addressed my points, if you disagree with them then state why.

It wasnt an insult, it was a fact, you genuinely dont know enough about what happened at the club to form a rational argument. 

People have decided upon an action without even knowing the full craic. Its embarressing.

For all you know, Keegan could be 100% responsible for what transpired, good chance of it being the case, Keegan could be responsible for our lack of acivity this window, its all a possilbity but all i hear is faint patter about his accountability becasue "he's a foo-kin ledge, lyke".

Like i say, people want Ashley's head, and they dont know why.

Judge, Jury and Executioner yet you have no evidence - all you have is the fact that "serial quitter" Kevin Keegan has quit again and that must therefore mean that the board have royally fucked up.

I dont know if they have, or havent but being a logical person ill sit back and find out what happned before saying someon is wrong and therefore needs to go.