Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

criticising them for the bobby robson day, classy, very classy. there is a very small minority on here who will do whatever they can to criticise the majority of their fellow fans, no topic or event is off limits. wow, cant really muster much more reaction than that - wow.

fwiw it was the headline story on the front page of the journal yesterday, cant get much more regional publicity than that. im not part of nusc and nor do i think they represent me, but good luck to them if they want to try and give the fans a more organised voice. they'll need it.

This

Guest The Libertine

NUSC just seems to be an embarassing platform for a bunch of fans to try and get one over on Ashley. You can tell that from the situation in which it was set up (off the back of the protests/Keegan saga).

The little jibes at Ashley, the lack of PR/media training and the embarassing things on the website are just ridiculous.

:thup:

they're just throwing petrol on the fire.

I love Sir Bob - he was the best manager we've had in the last 40 years.

I find the commemorative day a bit embarrassing though, seeing as a very large percentage of fans were screaming for him to be sacked at the time he left.

this.

i thought nufc.com summed it up pretty well when they mentione bobby on their site a while back.

NUSC has diverged from being a misguided group to becoming a complete joke.

They need to boot out whoever made that comment to SSN, and not refund his tenner.

I think they should just scrap the whole idea, and give all the £10s they've acquired to the Sir Bobby Robson fund. Like you say, embarrassment.

Guest toonlass

criticising them for the bobby robson day, classy, very classy. there is a very small minority on here who will do whatever they can to criticise the majority of their fellow fans, no topic or event is off limits. wow, cant really muster much more reaction than that - wow.

fwiw it was the headline story on the front page of the journal yesterday, cant get much more regional publicity than that. im not part of nusc and nor do i think they represent me, but good luck to them if they want to try and give the fans a more organised voice. they'll need it.

Bollox. Good luck to the lads with the buckets outside the ground. I donated some cash TO A VERY GOOD CAUSE, however can anyone explain how it was different to any other match inside the ground. Sir Bobby Robson day? HOW EXACTLY?

I think they should just scrap the whole idea, and give all the £10s they've acquired to the Sir Bobby Robson fund. Like you say, embarrassment.

This

Bollox. Good luck to the lads with the buckets outside the ground. I donated some cash TO A VERY GOOD CAUSE, however can anyone explain how it was different to any other match inside the ground. Sir Bobby Robson day? HOW EXACTLY?

Being realistic it was a chance to have a day where he can attend as more of a celebration before its too late - perhaps the fact that people can't face this fact was why it wasn't as well supported as hoped.

criticising them for the bobby robson day, classy, very classy.

It's about as classy as running straight to the press accusing Ashley of ruining Sir Bobby Robson day unfortunately.

The day itself was a good idea which they should be commended for, but I think it was all organised at too short notice.  That's not a criticism, just an observation. NUSC are new to this though so I'm sure it will be something they'll learn from.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Sir Bobby Day although a very good gesture, welcome and the kind of thing NUSC should be all about, needed a big push months in advance and not weeks to happen in the way we'd all have liked it to have happened. Still the message at least was made and I'm sure Sir Bobby appreciated it and I know I appreciated saying thanks to him before kick-off, which wouldn't have happened had it not been for NUSC so they should be applauded I feel.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's about as classy as running straight to the press accusing Ashley of ruining Sir Bobby Robson day unfortunately.

I never heard that myself but if that's true that's very poor and ironically the same thing Ashley has reportedly been accused of in a way, using the Sir Bobby Day to send out an altogether different message. There needs to be some clear policies on these things, but these are ordinary fans at the end of the day so we cannot expect media savvyness just yet from NUSC spokespeople.

NUSC has diverged from being a misguided group to becoming a complete joke.

They need to boot out whoever made that comment to SSN, and not refund his tenner.

They won't do that but unless things change they won't get many people renewing their membership as they've done nothing.

The Sir Bobby day was a good idea but you could tell it was something that was in someone's head one minute and up on their website the next, no thought or planning when into it before announcing that they were going to do it and it showed, the comments on Sky were laughable tbh and as others have said it loses any little credibility they have left.

Until they have regular communication with the club they won't be anything more than a few fans on a soapbox with only a few taking notice and the majority with little interest in what they're saying, that isn't going to happen with their current stance of countdown clocks or daft statements and they can't blame Ashley for that.

What have they done so far to make people want to hand over £10 every year?

Is it coincidence that the person who runs the website, and presumably put that idiotic countdown clock there, is the same person who found it necessary to spend hours of his life hoaxing and disrupting a group of well-meaning Newcastle fans who just happenned to disagree with him?

Is it coincidence that the person who runs the website, and presumably put that idiotic countdown clock there, is the same person who found it necessary to spend hours of his life hoaxing and disrupting a group of well-meaning Newcastle fans who just happenned to disagree with him?

:lol:

I'd forgotten about that thread you started on TT, absolute genius

Link?

What's all this about?  ???

Peasepud and the Hitzfeld thing. James talking shite again tbh.

Link?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=4691&hl=

Better than I remembered :lol:

Peasepud and the Hitzfeld thing. James talking shite again tbh.

That's what I thought.  :thup:

Guest toonlass

I never heard that myself but if that's true that's very poor and ironically the same thing Ashley has reportedly been accused of in a way, using the Sir Bobby Day to send out an altogether different message. There needs to be some clear policies on these things, but these are ordinary fans at the end of the day so we cannot expect media savvyness just yet from NUSC spokespeople.

So why call yourself a media spokesperson if you have no media savvy? He basically accused Ashley of trying to hijack Sir Bobby Robson day (a comment made before anything else was said about the club being taken off the market) and painted all fans who disagreed with his comments as idiots with no football knowledge or love for the club. Well thanks, but not in my name. I am a Newcastle United supporter who at this moment does not want to be represented by the Newcastle United Supporters Club as they are making tits of themselves.

Link?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=4691&hl=

Better than I remembered :lol:

:lol: Worse than I remembered (in embarassment stakes)

So why call yourself a media spokesperson if you have no media savvy? He basically accused Ashley of trying to hijack Sir Bobby Robson day (a comment made before anything else was said about the club being taken off the market) and painted all fans who disagreed with his comments as idiots with no football knowledge or love for the club. Well thanks, but not in my name. I am a Newcastle United supporter who at this moment does not want to be represented by the Newcastle United Supporters Club as they are making tits of themselves.

It's also funny that these "ordinary fans" with "no media savvy" should be the fans who happen to have "influential" (as the mainstream press like to call them when they're trying to validate some rentaquote) websites and magazines.

Why don't they get some people with "media savvy" involved?