West Ham United 3 - 1 Newcastle - 20/09/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

To be honest, look at some of the key moments in this match.

A freak deflection makes it 1-0.

At 1-0 we have two clear handballs denied, they score soon after.

At 2-0 Owen has a header, they break, and a scuffed shot is tapped in.

At 3-0, Coloccini hits the bar, we score, and have a few chances.

When your luck is down though, this is what happens.

You can say that as much as you want but we've not been in this game for large periods of time. A team who turns off a lot of the time deserved to be punished, even if it is against the run of play.

At times we played some great possesive football but we were not good enough for the duration of the game today and thats why its 3-1. I'd agree with the luck not going our way but we could quite have easily had a couple of pens against us, amongst other things.

Can't believe some on here are saying "we've just been unlucky", this is how things go when you are in turmoil, nothing seems to run for you.

Truth is we've been outclassed by to be totally honest a very very average team.

Guest Owen 4 Ever

we lost tactically today , the players done well , put with a caretaker kinda hard in Upton park

Congratulations Zola 4 the 1st win !

Where does he state it's not his own opinion?

Is that to me?

If it is, where do I state that it's not?

'All that shows is that you believe whatever you're told to believe unquestioningly and don't figure things out for yourself.'

How do you know he's not figured his opinion out for himself? He just says he's been backed up by two of the most successful managers in English football history.

How anyone can start the N Zog at left back ahead of Bassong is beyond me.

keegan did for the 1st 2 games of the season

It wasn't Keegans fault man.

When a father walks out on his wife and upsets the kids I bet you'd blame the wife.

This mess IS KEEGANS FAULT FFS

Wouldn't walk out if there wasnt a problem now would he

Rubbish. He left Fulham for the England job and he left City early at the request of the board having given his notice. Are you Steve Curry?

Nope, I'm just not a supporter of someone who has a reputation for throwing his dummy out of the pram when he can't get his own way.

Are you KK's agent ?

The mess of Newcastle now is 95% KK's fault.

I think most of it is the players fault as they are shite.

Four of the starting eleven are definitely good enough to play in the Premiership

What a ridiculous piece of hyperbole.

Yeah don't you know if it was KK in full control, we would have a squad worthy of the Champions League right down to every player.....that's Wullie's logic for you   mackems.gif

Full Time

No great surprise the result - think it's what most of us expected. All eyes now on what happens on the managerial front in the next few days. I bet though nothing will be resolved, and Chris Hughton will still be in charge for Spurs on Weds. The players confidence looks shot to hell - dangerous times indeed.