West Ham United 3 - 1 Newcastle - 20/09/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

FFS....blaming Hughton.  On the list of people responsible for this f***ing mess he ranks behind Ashley, behind Keegan, and behind the underachieving, gutless shits that have been in the team for the last two matches. 

I agree he can take no blame in what has created the mess, but he can take the blame for team selection against Hull and West Ham, both games he got it so wrong. Todays selection is made more pathetic because of how we ended the game vs Hull after he made the changes, that should have showed him Bassong was best choice for LB and that Nacho can play a bit of football and is a natural CM where as Cacapa is a CB..

I don't think Bassong or N'Zogbia at left back is the magic formula.  We are getting thrashed and embarassed.  Not enough ability, and most importantly not enough pride.

I love the irony of Hughton getting stick for a poor performance, when he didn't compile the squad of players he's working with*. What would be the difference if Keegan was still here?

*Hilariously he probably had some input, of course.

You are right Hughton's team selections are beyond criticism because Keegan resigned.

Ameobi last week? Unavoidable  :clap:

Cacapa instead of a midfielder?  :clap:

I've read precisely 4 posts in this thread. I'm not listening to the match. I have absolutely no clue how we've played today...I just know it's been bad. Really very bad. But for anyone to pass comment on our relegation prospects at this stage in the season is defeatist/triumphalist bollocks. And you wonder why people see us as the laughing stock of the Premiership?!

:rolleyes: