He's gone down in my estimation.

oldtype

This thread makes the 'mongs' outside SJP when Sky come calling with their cameras the voice of reason, logic and intelligence personified.

I'm quite sure it does - in your own funny little world, perhaps.

Fair enough, it's hardly giving a glorious reflection of the Toon Army, though.

If you weren't in the area 92-97 you couldn't fully appreciate the magic. If that constitutes being racist (or ageist) on here, fine.

Agree, too many pro Ashley, anti keegan muppets, werent around, so havent got a clue what they are talking about.

I saw him play for the club, did you?

who Keegan?

No, Ashley :lol: ffs

Saw every game Keegan played for us At Sjp, and a good few away.

Funny, i had you down for younger. You must be about my age then.

older, cos i have clear memories of him , ruining the 74 cup final for us also.

If you weren't in the area 92-97 you couldn't fully appreciate the magic. If that constitutes being racist (or ageist) on here, fine.

Agree, too many pro Ashley, anti keegan muppets, werent around, so havent got a clue what they are talking about.

Here we go again.

Dont sigh Role Model Id like the following answered by Redcar and Centre Paddock.

I was around for the Keegan management first era. I went to the games bought the shirts. But I still blame Keegan, I blame Ashley too, but I blame keegan for the shite on the pitch as he dropped us in it royally, IMO its fans like yourselves that show how idiotic it would be for fans to buy the club if they work on past glory's. I acknowledge his good work but by no means does it get dispensation for him being a twat in this instance both off the field with stupid transfer targets, and on the pitch by leaving us in the lurch in September after the window had closed.

In my country we have a saying "Perspicacious is the guests eye"

And I actually agree with Oldtype...fair enough I'll probably never appreciate Keegan as much as you Newcastle-born lot. But in my opinion Keegan should have left as soon as they started to undermine him, not waited for the most critical period of the season to leave us in shit, just to make his point across.

who Keegan?

Sorry, i thought 82 referred to your date of birth. Easy mistake to make tbf.

Guest Toon Argy

But it certainly doesn't make someone clueless.

If you and others can't see that then that's a shame. For the record I'm not a Geordie and I've never been comfortable with the suggestion that my location makes me much less of a fan.

I quite like the idea of you foreigners supporting our mongrel of a club.

i have nothing against them supporting the club but when they come out with clueless comments like in the OP they deserve every bit of stick they get.

What's the difference between them saying it and a local saying it?

If a local had started this thread i would also have a go at them. But it bugs me when people come on here and make comments like that when they don't have a clue about the club. It's like me picking a team to support in a different league and goin on their club forums and acting like i know it all when i really don't have a clue about the club.

I love this untenable position nonsense, Spurs and Chelsea have been working under the same system for a few years each now.

Who is Chelsea DOF? Kenyon?

It is not Frank Arnsen.

Arnesen's role according to Chelsea is "Chief Scout & director of youth development" - sounds awfully similar to Wise's to me.

The point was more a general one about the system the clubs work under.  No one mentioned Kenyon.

That is his title, he does nowt at first team level & he certainly does not get involved in buying/selling & contracts of first team members. If we look at Chelsea's signings this summer I think it was Big Phil who wanted them players & Kenyon went out & done the money side of things. For me Chelsea are not run by a DOF.

I think we would of been in better shape if we had Arnesen as DOF, he is wasted doing what he is doing at Chelsea. He was brilliant at PSV & did a good enough job at Spurs for Chelsea to offer the cash to get him. As has turned for a few players, Chelsea may want you but they havent got a clue how you fit in & that is what I think has happened to Frank.

What could he do, in your eyes, to remain blameless? Stay there, impotent as he was, and take the fall for the teams dictated by Wise et al?

He could have put the 50,000 who regularly turn up every other Saturday before himself, he hasn't done that.

who Keegan?

Sorry, i thought 82 referred to your date of birth. Easy mistake to make tbf.

suppose it is lol, i wish it was to be fair... 82 was when i started going to matches with my mates, Keegans debut to be honest, Yes i admit Im a keegan boy....83 first season ticket ( cost £20).

Think my first match with me dad was about 72ish.

Guest Redcar Mag

Here we go again.

Dont sigh Role Model Id like the following answered by Redcar and Centre Paddock.

I was around for the Keegan management first era. I went to the games bought the shirts. But I still blame Keegan, I blame Ashley too, but I blame keegan for the shite on the pitch as he dropped us in it royally, IMO its fans like yourselves that show how idiotic it would be for fans to buy the club if they work on past glory's. I acknowledge his good work but by no means does it get dispensation for him being a twat in this instance both off the field with stupid transfer targets, and on the pitch by leaving us in the lurch in September after the window had closed.

He's dropped us in it royally by being marginalised to such an extent that wasn't allowed to do his own job, is that what you're saying?

You acknowledge his good work? That's fucking big of you mate, sounds like something you'd stick on a redundancy letter.

And don't tell me you believe that shite about him wanting to buy Beckham and Lampard. Blatantly, blatantly propaganda.

And I actually agree with Oldtype...fair enough I'll probably never appreciate Keegan as much as you Newcastle-born lot. But in my opinion Keegan should have left as soon as they started to undermine him, not waited for the most critical period of the season to leave us in s***, just to make his point across.

:lol: Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Makes a bit of sense though.

Guest Redcar Mag

And I actually agree with Oldtype...fair enough I'll probably never appreciate Keegan as much as you Newcastle-born lot. But in my opinion Keegan should have left as soon as they started to undermine him, not waited for the most critical period of the season to leave us in shit, just to make his point across.

I don't think he left, or left when he did just to make a point.

I love this untenable position nonsense, Spurs and Chelsea have been working under the same system for a few years each now.

It is not Frank Arnsen.

Arnesen's role according to Chelsea is "Chief Scout & director of youth development" - sounds awfully similar to Wise's to me.

The point was more a general one about the system the clubs work under.  No one mentioned Kenyon.

That is his title, he does nowt at first team level & he certainly does not get involved in buying/selling & contracts of first team members. If we look at Chelsea's signings this summer I think it was Big Phil who wanted them players & Kenyon went out & done the money side of things. For me Chelsea are not run by a DOF.

I think we would of been in better shape if we had Arnesen as DOF, he is wasted doing what he is doing at Chelsea. He was brilliant at PSV & did a good enough job at Spurs for Chelsea to offer the cash to get him. As has turned for a few players, Chelsea may want you but they havent got a clue how you fit in & that is what I think has happened to Frank.

As Chief Scout you think he does nothing at first team level - ok :lol:

The manager hasn't picked the players (barring a limited number of exceptions) at Chelsea since Abramovich came in.

Guest Redcar Mag
The manager hasn't picked the players (barring a limited number of exceptions) at Chelsea since Abramovich came in.

Probably why he's on his fourth manager.

What facts do you have to suggest that Keegan was wrong to walk?

The results/performances vs Hull and West Ham, the reaction of the fans, the turmoil his actions have left the club in. Are you f***ing blind? I'm getting sick of these idiots who support Keegan over what's best for the club. We don't need you.

Just my opinion, but Keegan being allowed to manage without interference was what was best for the club.

How dare you call people with a different opinion idiots. Who do you think you are? As for we don't need you, we've all got a right to support the club, no matter what we think.

Here we go again.

It's right though. KK should have a lifetime's worth of goodwill banked with us for what he's done here in the past. Instead clueless brats are sticking the boot in within a fortnight.

By that token so should Shepherd et al, but people seemed to be entitled to their opinion with regards to them.

Silly logic.

If you and others can't see that then that's a shame. For the record I'm not a Geordie and I've never been comfortable with the suggestion that my location makes me much less of a fan.

i have nothing against them supporting the club but when they come out with clueless comments like in the OP they deserve every bit of stick they get.

So what if someone from Newcastle makes comment similar to it. I see alot of homegrown posters who seem to genreally agree with the OP- me included.

Probably why he's on his fourth manager.

Only one resigned as a result though.

Exactly.  Probably got nothing to do with it in fact.

A cracking example of using a statistic just for the sake of it.  One that adds no real weight to an argument.

We've had 14 managers in 20 years doing things the other way. (Disclaimer: I haven't checked that, it was something I heard today)

Guest Toon Argy

So what if someone from Newcastle makes comment similar to it. I see alot of homegrown posters who seem to genreally agree with the OP- me included.

I think i've already mentioned this. If the person that made the opening post was from newcastle i would still of had a go at them

Guest Redcar Mag

Here we go again.

It's right though. KK should have a lifetime's worth of goodwill banked with us for what he's done here in the past. Instead clueless brats are sticking the boot in within a fortnight.

By that token so should Shepherd et al, but people seemed to be entitled to their opinion with regards to them.

Silly logic.

You'll have to remind me what Shepherd did that could in any way earn him a lifetimes worth of goodwill with anyone other than Leazes/NE5

He's put his principles over the long term benefit of the club. He could have told Ashley to find a manager by Jan 1st because he was leaving on that date, instead he's buggered off and left us f***ed.

Maybe whatever happened around the time of the transfer window closing was the final straw. I don't think he had decided to go until the events around this time.

It is not Frank Arnsen.

As Chief Scout you think he does nothing at first team level - ok :lol:

At Chelsea he scouts for kids as it fits into his role as director of youth development. The Head scout, scouts at first team level. I think most of the signings Jose made were his bar a few, I think Big Phil has got his own players in. Avram I would say he didn't sign any players himself. As for Ranieri?!? I am not sure.