Have we (the fans) massively overplayed our hand?

stozo

Ashley has been looking for an exit or ways of downgrading his 100% stake in Newcastle for a long time as soon as realized owning a football club costs a few £££'s & has the cheek to place his reason for wanting out against the fans, instead of coming clean & saying its not for him.

a long time? as in like eons? or as in like forever dude?

As in about September time last year when John Irving started his new job & at the end of his first week told Ashley what the books looked like.

You wanted him gone . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . now life with the consequences!

Is it me or is the reality that most of the fans didnt actually want him out, they just wanted a change to the structure and an improvement in the communication between club and fans.

Too many wanting to get on tv and talk shite rather than thinking what their actions would mean for the club in the long haul. Its evidently easy to move people on and out of the club but fans want different things from the club, something that will never be solved.

A little thinking before the televised tantrums would have been appreciated!

Zico and Terim have shown interest.

I think that they probably would have done *if* Shy Mike wasn't selling up. I can't see anyone wanting to come here with the very real possibility that they'll be out on their ear when/if the sale goes through.

Except David frickin' O'Leary  :jesuswept:

Ashley is just weak tbh, Shepherd got all this s*** before and wasnt bothered about it.

:thup:

Put yourself in his situation, he can't go to the games anymore incase people assault him, he only bought the club for the craic really. If I bought a club I didn't support and the fans were dillusional cunts, I'd just tell them to fuck off, then sell to some right bastard, like Doug Ellis. I hope he does actually, would be great banter with NE5

On reflection I wouldn't say we have. What I will say is that Mike Ashley seems to have not only thrown in the towel very easily, but is now seeking to make a profit on a club who's value has been affected by his poor decisions.

In truth, what happened last week is a result of years of frustration, IMO. People are fed-up of the folk who run this club taking the piss out of it's own lifeblood. It's happened under Ashley, Shepherd, McKeag, Westwood, et al. Sadly things may have to get worse before they get better.

Is it me or is the reality that most of the fans didnt actually want him out, they just wanted a change to the structure and an improvement in the communication between club and fans.

Too many wanting to get on tv and talk shite rather than thinking what their actions would mean for the club in the long haul. Its evidently easy to move people on and out of the club but fans want different things from the club, something that will never be solved.

Thing is, when you saw all the stuff going on outsude Shearer's in the week building up to the Hull game, the crowd was so obviously just made up of bored school kids just joining in to try and get on TV and to have a laugh. Its very sad if the club didnt look at this and think that maybe they should try and find out what a broader feeling of the fans was.

Sadly I dont think they were interested in finding out.

Thing about the protests is fanzines like True Faith etc organise good calm protests. However they also need to realise that even talk of a protest and the charvas and kids are out and over doing it. Fuck me some mong even said her life was ruined after the game last week. Its the over reactions from people that dont fully understand the situation that has done the most damage here.

That would require restraint from every one of tens of thousands, never ever going to happen.

Ashley is just weak tbh, Shepherd got all this s*** before and wasnt bothered about it.

Put yourself in his situation, he can't go to the games anymore incase people assault him, he only bought the club for the craic really. If I bought a club I didn't support and the fans were dillusional cunts, I'd just tell them to fuck off, then sell to some right bastard, like Doug Ellis. I hope he does actually, would be great banter with NE5

:lol:

There's as little stopping him sitting in the director's box with his family as there was from the start.

Just seems sad to me that this whole thing is slowly being turned on the fans by some. Of course we weren't going to be happy when Keegan left citing the board as being at fault for fuck's sake. So we make our feelings known and the owner shits himself at the first possible opportunity and pulls out.

I'm rather disappointed at Ashley's lack of backbone tbh.

he can't go to the games anymore incase people assault him

Do you honestly believe that? When he's been to games before, he's been surrounded by minders and even the police confirmed that they hadn't advised him not to go to games. It's a kop out on Ashley's part and also gives insight into his view of Newcastle fans.

Put yourself in his situation, he can't go to the games anymore incase people assault him, he only bought the club for the craic really. If I bought a club I didn't support and the fans were dillusional c***s, I'd just tell them to f*** off, then sell to some right b******, like Doug Ellis. I hope he does actually, would be great banter with NE5

He was never going to get attacked, he gets to the game early & has few beers afterwards at the club. He would of then missed baying mob.

Am I right in thinking he bought you a beer in Blu Bambu?

Too many wanting to get on tv and talk s**** rather than thinking what their actions would mean for the club in the long haul. Its evidently easy to move people on and out of the club but fans want different things from the club, something that will never be solved.

Thing is, when you saw all the stuff going on outsude Shearer's in the week building up to the Hull game, the crowd was so obviously just made up of bored school kids just joining in to try and get on TV and to have a laugh. Its very sad if the club didnt look at this and think that maybe they should try and find out what a broader feeling of the fans was.

Sadly I dont think they were interested in finding out.

Im sure the club would have seen the pictures but the tv channels and papers were filled of all the negative thoughts and didnt once show what a large fraction of the week-in-week out fans wanted. Theres blame due out to pretty much everyone concerned in publicing, spreading and transporting the story but at the time there wasnt enough fans speaking out. Too many decided to hide away whilst others spoke out and received a lot of shit in return.

I wonder how many of the people outside the ground and participating in the protest walks last week actually had a ticket for the Hull game, because I suspect it wasn't many. As I said before, there was too many people putting their limelight first and football club second.

Well maybe he doesn't want to sit in a directors box, with a bunch of posh c***s. I agree fully with the way he's ran the club, he appointed Wise as DOF, one mistake, it was only a mistake because it was Wise, who's job hasn't shown the benifits yet (but may in 3 or 4 years when these players come through) If I was Ashley I wouldn't want someone like Keegan in charge of my money, especially a Keegan 3 years out of the game. Ashley is a legend, and this has nothing to do that he bought me champaign, money can't buy my faith tbh....

We haven't forced Ashley to do anything.

bullshit

Proof or STFU.

"Cockney Mafia Out"

"No More Geordie Cash for Ashley"

Need I say more?

Should have had some signs up in pre-season if he's that easily persuaded.

'Sign Gomis please'

'Smith isn't good enough, Mike'

'Whatever happened with Aimar? Someone of that calibre would be nice, chaps'

:lol:

There's as little stopping him sitting in the director's box with his family as there was from the start.

Just seems sad to me that this whole thing is slowly being turned on the fans by some. Of course we weren't going to be happy when Keegan left citing the board as being at fault for fuck's sake. So we make our feelings known and the owner shits himself at the first possible opportunity and pulls out.

I'm rather disappointed at Ashley's lack of backbone tbh.

He'd have to be fucking thick to take his family, let's be fair. I'm sure he'd love watching his son or daughter shrinking under a barrage of abuse.

We haven't forced Ashley to do anything.

bullshit

Proof or STFU.

"Cockney Mafia Out"

"No More Geordie Cash for Ashley"

Need I say more?

I didn't go to that meeting. It's foolish to equate a few with everyone. I wasn't well happy, but I just went to the game as usual, as did many more, a few chants don't change that.

He'd have to be fucking thick to take his family, let's be fair. I'm sure he'd love watching his son or daughter shrinking under a barrage of abuse.

He was fucking thick to take them in the first place then, if he thought that he wouldn't come in for some shit at some point.

Newsflash - fans care about what happens at their club, certainly more than businessmen with no ties to the place whatsoever.

So the fans that protested so openly and desperately wanted Ashley out are now complaining that he didn't show a bit more backbone and put up more of a fight?  Priceless.

He was fucking thick to take them in the first place then, if he thought that he wouldn't come in for some shit at some point.

Newsflash - fans care about what happens at their club, certainly more than businessmen with no ties to the place whatsoever.

Well good luck on the fans bid to buy the shares then. Because if they don't:

NEWSFLASH: we are going to need a businessmen with no ties to the place to buy it  :pow: