Carling Cup - Toon vs Spuds - Sept Wed 24 @ 19:45

Skirge

Oba's back so thats massive for us, could be just the boost we need.

-----------------Given

--------Tayl------Colo-------Bass

Edgr--------------------------------Zoggy

--------Gere-----Butt------Nacho

------------Owen-------Martins

Guest MrSundlofer

We must play Bassong as a left defender and N'Zogbia as a left midfielder.

------------------Given--------------------

Geremi--Taylor-----Cacapa--Bassong

-----------------Coloccini------------------

Duff------------------------------N'Zogbia

----------------Gonzalez------------------

------Owen------------------Martins------

Subs: Harper, Edgar, Tozer, Ranger, Doninger, Butt, Xisco.

I would never play Coloccini or Duff in centre midfield.

Given

Geremi      Coloccini  Taylor    Bassong

Butt

Gonzales                      N'Zogbia

Owen

Xisco                      Martins

think we'll win, it wont be pretty, but i just fancy Oba to make himself a hero again.

Then beat blackburn on Saturday, get some new owners in, a new gaffer, players back from injuries, happy days!  :frantic:

More  likley that our Nigerian "Owners" will sell the stadium, players, then escape to the Bahamas without ever been seen again.

Guest neesy111

think we'll win, it wont be pretty, but i just fancy Oba to make himself a hero again.

Then beat blackburn on Saturday, get some new owners in, a new gaffer, players back from injuries, happy days!  :frantic:

More  likley that our Nigerian "Owners" will sell the stadium, players, then escape to the Bahamas without ever been seen again.

can't as we don't even own the stadium, council still own's it

Skipper Special: We Need Toon Army More Than Ever

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United skipper Michael Owen has sent a message to the Toon Army ahead of their Carling Cup showdown with Tottenham Hotspur - "We're in this together and we need you more than ever".

The Magpies are still without a manager as they prepare to face the North Londoners and Owen accepts it's been a difficult period for both players and fans alike.

But the Newcastle captain believes that if any set of supporters are able to inspire a team to victory then it is the Geordie faithful.

"The fans play a massive part in this team, probably here more than anywhere else," he told nufcTV.

"The fans here really can inspire the team to get results.

"The supporters are not stupid. They know that we are in the same boat as them.

"We are in this together and we need them more than ever.

"When we win it's with the help of the fans.

"I think we can sympathise with each other at the moment and hopefully that will get us through and we'll get some results in the meantime."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1400982,00.html

Guest MrSundlofer

I would never play Coloccini or Duff in centre midfield.

Given

Geremi      Coloccini   Taylor     Bassong

Butt

Gonzales                      N'Zogbia

Owen

Xisco                      Martins

I Would play Coloccini as a defensive midfielder. Played there some times for Deportivo. He can tackle and pass a ball. Would play him there with Gonzalez. Not Duff! Duff as a right midfielder.

Butt-Owen or Coloccini-Gonzalez as central midfield? I take the last two.

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United skipper Michael Owen has sent a message to the Toon Army ahead of their Carling Cup showdown with Tottenham Hotspur - "We're in this together and we need you more than ever".

The Magpies are still without a manager as they prepare to face the North Londoners and Owen accepts it's been a difficult period for both players and fans alike.

But the Newcastle captain believes that if any set of supporters are able to inspire a team to victory then it is the Geordie faithful.

"The fans play a massive part in this team, probably here more than anywhere else," he told nufcTV.

"I think we can sympathise with each other at the moment and hopefully that will get us through and we'll get some results in the meantime."

What a bullshitter! Blatantly held at gun-point by Ashley and forced to say those words so that the fat cockney bastard can fill the stadium. Boycott people!!! Boycott!!

Guest MrSundlofer

By Craig Hope

What a bullshitter! Blatantly held at gun-point by Ashley and forced to say those words so that the fat cockney b****** can fill the stadium. Boycott people!!! Boycott!!

No need to boycott. Go there and support the team. Show you are a fan of Newcastle United Football Club. Mike Ashley will leave anyway.

By Craig Hope

What a bullshitter! Blatantly held at gun-point by Ashley and forced to say those words so that the fat cockney b****** can fill the stadium. Boycott people!!! Boycott!!

No need to boycott. Go there and support the team. Show you are a fan of Newcastle United Football Club. Mike Ashley will leave anyway.

Oh well. I tried. I'm not a true fan anyway. I just say I am coz people laugh at me, and I like to feel a bit popular lolz. I'd rather see Man U beat NUFC if it really came down to it. Not sunderland though. wankers. lolz

can't as we don't even own the stadium, council still own's it

We do own the stadium, however we don't own the land.

Was hoping a temp manager may have been here by now, with Houghton picking the team it will be..

----------------Given

Edgar----Tayls------Colo-----Zoggy

Geremi----Butt-------Caca-----Duff

-----------Owen-----Martins

IF he has seen the light then maybe

-----------------Given

Tayls----Cacapa------Colo------Bass

Duff-------Butt-------Nacho-----Zoggy

-----------Owen-----Martins

Guest Toon Barmy

Spurs have just started badly, they have a manager, a good coach and strength in depth.  We have none of that, 20 first team players with 9 out injured is a big worry for us.

Out of form Spurs players are panicking, admits Gareth Bale

By Mike Walters 23/09/2008

Gareth Bale has admitted rock-bottom Tottenham are pressing the panic button after being marooned at the foot of the Premier League.

Spurs were booed off, with only two points from their opening five games, following Sunday's 0-0 draw against Wigan at White Hart Lane.

Manager Juande Ramos, who spent £70million on new players in the summer, is under pressure for the first time since taking over from Martin Jol 11 months ago.

Tomorrow night, holders Spurs face fellow strugglers Newcastle in a Carling Cup third round tie which already has all the hallmarks of Toon and gloom.

More at link.

An early goal against Spurs tomorrow could kill their confidence, although an early goal against us will probably have the same effect.