Newcastle 1 - 2 Spurs (Carling Cup) - 24/09/08 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

So, anyone up for a visit to Molineux next season?

;)

I hope so as thatll mean we're still in the premiership

Good positive thinking. I'd just go as I lived in Wolverhampton for a few years, so I could make a weekend of it.

I've hit a new low! I was so close to turning my back on a game (even if I was sitting in a pub in Blackburn) but didnt because it means too much.

Words cant describe the pain, torture, frustration, anger etc running through my body right now. Any remaining hope its being riped out of my body.

Bassong was far from the worst, N'Zogbia needs a lot more of the ball, but we need players back like a diabetic needs a bar of dairy milk.

N'Zogbia tonight reminded me of when I used to play football up to under 18 level and there was one player in every team who had more technical ability than any of his team mates.

Unfortunately this player spent ninety minutes running with the ball with no attacking penetration, just wanting the ball stuck to his feet so he could look good.

We've now made 3 very poor teams look at worst competant. Thats not good enough.

We need a manager in now. The takeover can wait if it means we can get some direction again.

I just can't think of anyone who would take it right now

Guest kingdawson

A bit of a 'meh' encounter.

I didn't think any player played well in this game and a stupid mistake has ultimately cost us. Steven Taylor continues to inept areas of his game, although you should expect better from an Argentina international. 'Never play the ball across the face of your own goal' was something your taught as school boys. I thought Butt, Owen, N'Zogbia and Bassong did ok. Cacapa could be a useful player for us, but isn't suited to the midfield role due to a lack of pace. Oba was decent when involved, but that was sparingly.

Given 6 - Not a lot to do.

Bassong 6 - Looked our most assured defender.

Collocini 5 - A few nervy moments, but generally composed.

Taylor 5 - Won a lot of headers, but there is always the chance that he is liable to make a mistake.

Geremi 5 - Corners he needs to beat the first man.

Cacapa 6 - Would be better if he had a bit more pace, but showed his experience to aid the side.

Butt 7 - Looked like he wanted to push us on, but on his last legs unfortunately.

Duff 6 - Pretty anonymous except for his chance.

N'Zogbia 7 - Most attacking threat. 

Owen 6 - Not involved a lot, but took his goal well.

Martins 6 - Not involved a lot, but had a few chances.

Butt gets a 7? Dont let the idiotic commentator fool you mate, he was very bad tonight. I still think he's a good player, who offers a lot when on form (last season at the Lane when he tore us apart), but everything he did today, he did wrong. Lots of effort though, if that counts.

N'Zogbia tonight reminded me of when I used to play football up to under 18 level and there was one player in every team who had more technical ability than any of his team mates.

Unfortunately this player spent ninety minutes running with the ball with no attacking penetration, just wanting the ball stuck to his feet so he could look good.

We've now made 3 very poor teams look at worst competant. Thats not good enough.

We need a manager in now. The takeover can wait if it means we can get some direction again.

Spot on.

Zoggy was disinterested throughout the game, except when he had the ball, then he tried to do far too much and just ended up looking  just as wank as the rest of the wankers.

Zoggy is talented but is a head down player. Put the right players around him and he is useful. However, relying on him to do anymore than put his head down run at people and try to make somethign happen and he will never deliver.

Butt was NOT  our best player.

Name One Better?

Owen, Zog

Owen Didnt See Enough Of The Ball. N'zogbia Constantly Ran Into Cul de sac's And Has No Idea When To Release The Ball.

Having seen the last 2 games, Collocini  is not ready for the premiership yet. Reminds me a lot of Boumsong (not as bad, but errors are costing us). I used to think it was Taylor, but although he is not helping much, its Collo thats the real problem.

Guest Jawesome

I've never left so early.  I sat there and looked at my granda 25 mins in and told him I was bored out of my fucking mind.  I got home just as they were reading out the match report on TalkSport LoL.  Apologies to the guys in the middle of the Gallowgate for my behavior this evening.  As of tonight I am no longer a Newcastle United fan, mearly a football fan.

Bassong Was s****...Stop Bumming Him Just Because He's New.

N'zogbia Was The Best He Has Been In A While As He Was Actually Taking Players On.

Butt Was Our Best Player But Was Still A Bag Of w***.

Owen and Martins Just Werent Given The Chances.

This is one of the shittest posts i've read for a while. N'Zogbia was f***ing rubbish! In fact, the more i see him the more shitter he seems to get.

Bassong had a good game, he was good in the air, made some good tackles and passed it well. f*** knows what game you were watching pal.

The one thing i do agree with is the lack of service to the front two was shocking. Up front we had two of the league's most potent strikers and who did we have trying to feed them.....Geremi, Cacapa, Butt and Duff - get f***ed Wise and friends you clueless shitpots!

Zoggy is talented but is a head down player. Put the right players around him and he is useful. However, relying on him to do anymore than put his head down run at people and try to make somethign happen and he will never deliver.

Agreed, can we accomodate such a player right now?

Its another tough choice, do you play someone who may create a chance out of nothing but who may also end up wasting every attack he is involved in (and don't get me started on the corners)

Name One Better?

The ones who didn't play a stupid fucking blind back pass to set up the first goal.  He made Cacapa look accomplished at times.  I've said it before, but any team that has Nicky Butt's name as one of the first on the team sheet is in serious trouble.

Name One Better?

Owen, Zog

Owen Didnt See Enough Of The Ball. N'zogbia Constantly Ran Into Cul de sac's And Has No Idea When To Release The Ball.

Type properly ffs.

A bit of a 'meh' encounter.

I didn't think any player played well in this game and a stupid mistake has ultimately cost us. Steven Taylor continues to inept areas of his game, although you should expect better from an Argentina international. 'Never play the ball across the face of your own goal' was something your taught as school boys. I thought Butt, Owen, N'Zogbia and Bassong did ok. Cacapa could be a useful player for us, but isn't suited to the midfield role due to a lack of pace. Oba was decent when involved, but that was sparingly.

Given 6 - Not a lot to do.

Bassong 6 - Looked our most assured defender.

Collocini 5 - A few nervy moments, but generally composed.

Taylor 5 - Won a lot of headers, but there is always the chance that he is liable to make a mistake.

Geremi 5 - Corners he needs to beat the first man.

Cacapa 6 - Would be better if he had a bit more pace, but showed his experience to aid the side.

Butt 7 - Looked like he wanted to push us on, but on his last legs unfortunately.

Duff 6 - Pretty anonymous except for his chance.

N'Zogbia 7 - Most attacking threat.  

Owen 6 - Not involved a lot, but took his goal well.

Martins 6 - Not involved a lot, but had a few chances.

Butt gets a 7? Dont let the idiotic commentator fool you mate, he was very bad tonight. I still think he's a good player, who offers a lot when on form (last season at the Lane when he tore us apart), but everything he did today, he did wrong. Lots of effort though, if that counts.

Don't get me wrong, I dont think they were superb today, far from it, its just other players weren't involved or poor.

I didn't think Jenas did anything of note and Lennon didn't get involved until his assist. Giovani looks a promising player and someone I would love Newcastle to have. The times I have saw Bale I don't get all the hype surrounding him, a few freekicks, but he doesn't do alot else. Gomes looks a good goalkeeper as well, pulled off numnerous good saves when we could have scored.

Having seen the last 2 games, Collocini  is not ready for the premiership yet. Reminds me a lot of Boumsong (not as bad, but errors are costing us). I used to think it was Taylor, but although he is not helping much, its Collo thats the real problem.

Colo had a bad night, but I think this is a bit much.

Rubbish tonight, but not unexpected. Too many of our lot using the off the field problems as an excuse to hide behind. I expect a rash of transfer requests going in, in January. Rats deserting a sinking ship indeed. An interim manager won't sort this lot out - the club needs selling and quickly.