Newcastle 1 - 2 Spurs (Carling Cup) - 24/09/08 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

Butt was NOT  our best player.

Name One Better?

The ones who didn't play a stupid fucking blind back pass to set up the first goal.  He made Cacapa look accomplished at times.  I've said it before, but any team that has Nicky Butt's name as one of the first on the team sheet is in serious trouble.

We are a team in serious trouble though. In no way am i trying to say that Butt is a good player...but imo he was our best tonight....because they were all absolute shit or just weren't given the opportunity on the ball.

Name One Better?

EH, ARE YOU ON FUCKING DRUGS?

No comment.

Name One Better?

Owen, Zog

Owen Didnt See Enough Of The Ball. N'zogbia Constantly Ran Into Cul de sac's And Has No Idea When To Release The Ball.

Type properly ffs.

Its Getting Annoying As Fuck Mate

Duffs finished.

agree. along with one or two others i was disgusted at his performance. not only can he not beat a player, but even when he's ahead of them by 5 yards he stops and turns inside, knowing they'd catch him up anyway. he should just fucking retire.

N'Zogbia tonight reminded me of when I used to play football up to under 18 level and there was one player in every team who had more technical ability than any of his team mates.

Unfortunately this player spent ninety minutes running with the ball with no attacking penetration, just wanting the ball stuck to his feet so he could look good.

We've now made 3 very poor teams look at worst competant. Thats not good enough.

We need a manager in now. The takeover can wait if it means we can get some direction again.

I just can't think of anyone who would take it right now

Zoggy is talented but is a head down player. Put the right players around him and he is useful. However, relying on him to do anymore than put his head down run at people and try to make somethign happen and he will never deliver.

Agreed, can we accomodate such a player right now?

Its another tough choice, do you play someone who may create a chance out of nothing but who may also end up wasting every attack he is involved in (and don't get me started on the corners)

He played a couple of scorching passes when he moved into the centre though. I feel the problem is lack of movement off the ball, the last two games with Butt and Cacapa as central midfielders makes it so easy for the oppostion to bolck off the wide men.

Name One Better?

Owen, Zog

Owen Didnt See Enough Of The Ball. N'zogbia Constantly Ran Into Cul de sac's And Has No Idea When To Release The Ball.

Type properly ffs.

Confused? :S

Duffs finished.

agree. along with one or two others i was disgusted at his performance. not only can he not beat a player, but even when he's ahead of them by 5 yards he stops and turns inside, knowing they'd catch him up anyway. he should just fucking retire.

Been saying this for ages mate. When he scored three against Hartlepool I said just watch him crawl up his own backside once the serious games start, and lo and behold...

Guest Jawesome

Name One Better?

CAPITAL FUCKING LETTERS YOU CUNT.

Owen, Zog

Type properly ffs.

Capitals at the start of every word you cunt.

credit to Bassong, pretty impressed with him, asserts himself like he's an established first teamer  :thup:

In all honesty, we need foreign owners and a foreign manager with no ties to Newcastle or England.

Just so we can stop feeling like we need to do the likes of Taylor a favour.

It's laughable he was given a new contract really.

He is an awful defender.

Name One Better?

The ones who didn't play a stupid fucking blind back pass to set up the first goal.  He made Cacapa look accomplished at times.  I've said it before, but any team that has Nicky Butt's name as one of the first on the team sheet is in serious trouble.

We are a team in serious trouble though. In no way am i trying to say that Butt is a good player...but imo he was our best tonight....because they were all absolute shit or just weren't given the opportunity on the ball.

Name One Better?

No comment.

If you honestly think that that Butt was the 'best' Newcastle player out there tonight then I've got to go with Jawesome on this one.  He failed to hit a black and white shirt with most of his alleged passing (no change there) and if you class putting in effort as jogging behind whichever opponent had the ball and fouling them if they meandered close enough (no change there either) then fine - he was man of the match in that regard.

Duffs finished.

agree. along with one or two others i was disgusted at his performance. not only can he not beat a player, but even when he's ahead of them by 5 yards he stops and turns inside, knowing they'd catch him up anyway. he should just f***ing retire.

Its not even that, its the fact he has no determination no desire and just couldn't give a flying fuck, bottles challenges, I hate that in players.

Butt was pretty bad, he was responcible for the first goal and generally putting us under pressure by misplacing simple passes.  Appiah still going on a free anyone, surely he can't be worse or on very high wages he was playing in Turkey and he's not been snatched up by anyone so we can surely get him on lower wages.

Guest kingdawson

A bit of a 'meh' encounter.

I didn't think any player played well in this game and a stupid mistake has ultimately cost us. Steven Taylor continues to inept areas of his game, although you should expect better from an Argentina international. 'Never play the ball across the face of your own goal' was something your taught as school boys. I thought Butt, Owen, N'Zogbia and Bassong did ok. Cacapa could be a useful player for us, but isn't suited to the midfield role due to a lack of pace. Oba was decent when involved, but that was sparingly.

Given 6 - Not a lot to do.

Bassong 6 - Looked our most assured defender.

Collocini 5 - A few nervy moments, but generally composed.

Taylor 5 - Won a lot of headers, but there is always the chance that he is liable to make a mistake.

Geremi 5 - Corners he needs to beat the first man.

Cacapa 6 - Would be better if he had a bit more pace, but showed his experience to aid the side.

Butt 7 - Looked like he wanted to push us on, but on his last legs unfortunately.

Duff 6 - Pretty anonymous except for his chance.

N'Zogbia 7 - Most attacking threat. 

Owen 6 - Not involved a lot, but took his goal well.

Martins 6 - Not involved a lot, but had a few chances.

Butt gets a 7? Dont let the idiotic commentator fool you mate, he was very bad tonight. I still think he's a good player, who offers a lot when on form (last season at the Lane when he tore us apart), but everything he did today, he did wrong. Lots of effort though, if that counts.

Don't get me wrong, I dont think they were superb today, far from it, its just other players weren't involved or poor.

I didn't think Jenas did anything of note and Lennon didn't get involved until his assist. Giovani looks a promising player and someone I would love Newcastle to have. The times I have saw Bale I don't get all the hype surrounding him, a few freekicks, but he doesn't do alot else. Gomes looks a good goalkeeper as well, pulled off numnerous good saves when we could have scored.

Yeh, Bale was totally rubbish tonight. Gomes has been a very good signing for us but the media have jumped on his mistake against Villa, and are going on about how he always punches the ball (despite him clearing the ball everytime he comes out). Against Boro, Villa, and Chelsea, he made some outstanding saves.

Thought o'hara and Zokora were good for us today, as well as jenas.

tbf, the whole team were shit tonight. I kept forgetting half of them were on the pitch. Taylor had one of his worst games, as did Butt and Geremi. Duff is all but finished, and Bassong, despite being alright, was just outclassed.

Guest Jawesome

Name One Better?

Name One Better?

No comment.

If you honestly think that that Butt was the 'best' Newcastle player out there tonight then I've got to go with Jawesome on this one.  He failed to hit a black and white shirt with most of his alleged passing (no change there) and if you class putting in effort as jogging behind whichever opponent had the ball and fouling them if they meandered close enough (no change there either) then fine - he was man of the match in that regard.

Hes always been shit for us, bar one or two games a season.  It's a joke how many chances he gets time and time again.  Ive had enough of people like him, Taylor and Duff constantly playing shit.

Name One Better?

Owen, Zog

Type properly ffs.

Was There Really Any Need For You To Call Me A Cunt? Grow Up!

Guest Jawesome

Name One Better?

Owen, Zog

Type properly ffs.

Fuck off, now is not the time to piss about being a total prick with people emotions running so fucking high.

Duffs finished.

Been saying this for ages mate. When he scored three against Hartlepool I said just watch him crawl up his own backside once the serious games start, and lo and behold...

it looks like he's lost every bit of power he had and that burst of pace he had 5 years ago. he used to be known for his powerful shots on the edge of the area but even when he gets clean through in the box he hits it tamely, as he did tonight. he was never hugely fast but he could at least take it past a few people, now he can't even beat players that are behind him.

Name One Better?

Owen, Zog

Type properly ffs.

Fuck off, now is not the time to piss about being a total prick with people emotions running so fucking high.

Chill. There's no need.  :thup:

Tonight just illustrates a couple of things to me:

1. Not playing Zog in the midfield is criminal

2. Taylor can fuck off with his "I'm a footballer" act and go back to the bench, let someone (anyone else play there)

That's pretty much it, unlucky result but we'd probably have had the belief to get forward and either take an early lead or respond to the goal if Keegan was in charge.