Joe Kinnear

Skirge

I really hope to fuck we don't get Roedered again with this guy. I also hope to fuck that he leaves as a cult hero when he has the chance, having guided us into the top half and giving us the foundations to push on. That's what happened to Roeder; if he'd gone at the end of the 05/06 season, he'd probably be one of our most favourite Newcastle people of recent times. Instead... well, he's the manager i've disliked the most. :lol:

I've actually got some really irrational faith in Kinnear, as it is. :lol:

Btw... "how dedicated most of the players are..." ???

I reacted to that part aswell.. who is not dedicated? f*** off Owen if thats you..

Has Owen showed anything but dedication this season like?

I think it was a poor attempt by me to sound like all the others around here complaining about owen and his dedication. Sorry.. should have added a  :rolleyes: to it.. I do not for a second think its owen.

I reacted to that part aswell.. who is not dedicated? f*** off Owen if thats you..

Has Owen showed anything but dedication this season like?

I think it was a poor attempt by me to sound like all the others around here complaining about owen and his dedication. Sorry.. should have added a   :rolleyes: to it.. I do not for a second think its owen.

Fair enough, got me to bite :laugh:

Kinnear extending Toon stay

Interim Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has revealed he is to sign a new one-month contract as efforts to sell the club continue.

Kinnear's original deal was due to expire at the end of October, but the 61-year-old will extend his stay on Tyneside until November by agreeing a rolling deal.

The former Wimbledon and Nottingham Forest manager's stay at Newcastle was scheduled to conclude after Tuesday's clash with West Brom but, with Mike Ashley still to find a new owner, Kinnear will stay on for a little longer.

Rolling contract

"I will be signing a new contract, but it will be for another month," said Kinnear.

"It's a monthly situation because I know they are in talks - who with, I have no idea - but they are in talks and what they are doing, it is just like a rolling contract, one month after another month, and then take it from there.

"During the week, there were three or four managers mentioned. Gerard Houllier - there were so many, I lost count. Sven-Goran Eriksson was in there as well.

"I don't know, really. There are so many consortiums. My missus rang me and said, 'There's a new one come in tonight'.

"It's amazing the coverage they are getting because when I was down in London, you got a little bit about Newcastle.

"I have never seen a back-page lead in the Evening Standard, when you have got Chelsea, Arsenal and all the other clubs, until now."

Kinnear, who has helped Newcastle to two battling draws in their last two games, says he is enjoying being back in management.

"I love it. It's the best thing I have ever done, it really is," added Kinnear.

"I have tried on numerous occasions to get myself back in. All the interviews that I'd had, I had asked if I could just make a statement and have them to listen to what I had to say.

"But it was, 'How's your heart?', 'How's your medical situation?', so really, I was written off, to be honest.

Fantastic opportunity

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me to let everybody know I am back in the business.

"If it's not to be at Newcastle, I understand that, if Kevin [Keegan] is on his way back.

"But you never know what will happen to me, if I do a good job here, where it is going to take me.

"I have got to make sure a do a really great job here for the short period of time I am here.

Pleased with the effect he's had so far. Got it wrong today, simple as that really. I would hardly say he's come across as negative in his football up until today, but then i don't think the long-ball idea was entirely his doing. Whenever we tried to play it on the ground, play from deep, the movement off the ball from the two strikers and the wingers was so pitiful, that we ended up playing it long.

Kinnear failed with his substitutions today. He's a long way down the ladder of blame, for me anyway.