Joe Kinnear

Skirge

Pleased with the effect he's had so far. Got it wrong today, simple as that really. I would hardly say he's come across as negative in his football up until today, but then i don't think the long-ball idea was entirely his doing. Whenever we tried to play it on the ground, play from deep, the movement off the ball from the two strikers and the wingers was so pitiful, that we ended up playing it long.

Kinnear failed with his substitutions today. He's a long way down the ladder of blame, for me anyway.

We stopped playing the long ball and moved up the pitch as soon as we went down, both times today and on Monday. As soon as we equalised today, we dropped deep again. Can't help but thinking that's down to Kinnear.

More long-ball shite again that followed Man City.

How would you have played against City like?

I wouldn't have brought Carroll on for a start. I said before hand high tempo game by all means, but just hoof it long, I don't think so. Keegan got these bunch of halfwits playing football btw.

More long-ball shite again that followed Man City.

How would you have played against City like?

I wouldn't have brought Carroll on for a start. I said before hand high tempo game by all means, but just hoof it long, I don't think so. Keegan got these bunch of halfwits playing football btw.

I wouldn't have brought Carroll on either, but then i'm not in training and i don't know how Xisco is responding to it. Not too positively from what we've gathered. Shola wasn't fit by the time he went off so we needed to change something.

Saying he's not as good as Keegan is hardly an argument, btw. Not many are as good as Keegan.

We've got one of the quickest players in the league whose pace terrifies most defenders, but let's hit it long at him and hope he can reach it. Doesn't make much sense to me. Sorry for going against the grain btw.

We've got one of the quickest players in the league whose pace terrifies most defenders, but let's hit it long at him and hope he can reach it. Doesn't make much sense to me. Sorry for going against the grain btw.

No need to get arsey, it's called a debate.

I've already said that he got it wrong today, certainly substitutions-wise. But the long ball wasn't entirely down to him. Martins was fucking gash today, for what it's worth. Barely looked like he wanted to get in the game.

No need to get arsey, it's called a debate.

I've already said that he got it wrong today, certainly substitutions-wise. But the long ball wasn't entirely down to him. Martins was fucking gash today, for what it's worth. Barely looked like he wanted to get in the game.

Of course the long ball was down to him, who tells the players what to do? The manager that's who. It was the same the 2nd half against Citeh as well at the time which I voiced my concerns about.

How can Oba get in the game when he's fighting a losing battle jumping for the ball all game?

Maybe if he moved to try and accept the ball a bit more, he'd have got a sniff. The movement from the forward players was atrocious all game. There were a few occassions where Given played it short to Colo or Beye, and they were fighting a losing battle - nowt infront of em. Thus it went long. Aye, the tactic was probably to play long in the main - but not to the extent of which we saw today.

This is the fucking typical Glenn Roeder Syndrome.

Gets a couple of half decent results, declares his interest to take over full time, people in charge think its a good idea, he is given the job full time and then fucks it up.

Same old shite every fuckin time, get the fuckin club sold and get someone proper in charge ffs.

Man alive.

Maybe if he moved to try and accept the ball a bit more, he'd have got a sniff. The movement from the forward players was atrocious all game. There were a few occassions where Given played it short to Colo or Beye, and they were fighting a losing battle - nowt infront of em. Thus it went long. Aye, the tactic was probably to play long in the main - but not to the extent of which we saw today.

That's what you get when you play Ameobi, tbh.

Good motivator, uninspiring tactics, horrible, horrible subs.

He's what we needed to stabilize the ship for the imminent takeover. Now that the takeover doesn't seem so "imminent" anymore, we may have a problem.

Gets a couple of half decent results, declares his interest to take over full time, people in charge think its a good idea, he is given the job full time and then fucks it up.

Same old shite every fuckin time, get the fuckin club sold and get someone proper in charge ffs.

Man alive.

:clap:

Man alive.

:clap:

:thup:

Man alive.

There are men alive in here. :lol:

Toon boss Joe reflected on the game: "There wasn't much between the two teams.

"They shaded it, just with a magnificent strike really"

He added: "But generally we did very well.

"We kept the ball well, we passed the ball well we created opportunities. Admittedly we were chasing the game, but we had them on the rack.

"I'm disappointed obviously and so is everyone else in the dressing room.

"This is one game I really knew I couldn't afford to lose.

"But I will have to pick myself up and the players because now we have a massive game in midweek against West Brom.

""It's a must win situation for us on Tuesday night because nobody likes the position that we are in at the moment."

Worrying if he thinks we played well.

• 2 years later...