Guthrie, Beye, Jonas, Enrique

captainhaircut

Definitley need at least two of those back by next week.  As long as we get the Beye that was playing from March - May and not the one that started this season.

Was I the only one that noticed Xisco fall over and knacker his finger in he first minute, and then come out with his hand strapped up in the second.  Deja Vu?  Spanish 'International'.  Not too good really.  Hand Injury?  Nooooooooo!! :frantic:

I;d like something like

GIVEN

BEYE COLO  BASSONG ENRIQUE

GEREMI  GUTHRIE  JONAS

OWEN

XISCO  DUFF/ZOG

I like the Geremi- Beye linkup and Geremi's crossing is something that Owen thrives on.I also like the system and Duff or Zog could easily play the Martins role- Playing onm the last man on the left, looking for that diagonal ball between the right back and centre half. That do just fine I think. The front two and midfield probably wouldn't be good enough to pullup any trees, but would be good enough for mid table.

.................Given......................

Beye...Colo...Bassong..Enrique

Jonas..Guthrie......Butt.......Zog

............Xisco....Owen...............

Hopefully.

spot on mate! tayls need a rest. but he is still only 22 and is not  a finished product. I reckon he will be a class act with Colo under a new regime. Hes had a couple of bad games this season, but still... U-21 captain for England..

.................Given......................

Beye...Colo...Bassong..Enrique

Jonas..Guthrie......Butt.......Zog

............Xisco....Owen...............

Hopefully.

spot on mate! tayls need a rest. but he is still only 22 and is not  a finished product. I reckon he will be a class act with Colo under a new regime. Hes had a couple of bad games this season, but still... U-21 captain for England..

Run and hide. Praising Taylor here is apparently punishable by death.

Guthrie, Jonas, Beye, Enrique, Viuduka, Barton

reads almost like a list of our best players tbh, hell of a difference

Martins too don't forget. The squad's weak as piss but even so seven first teamers out is ridiculous. Not even "maybe" players, they all walk into the team.

No chance of Taylor being dropped

a continental manager would play Cacapa and Colocinni together in an instant tbh

Bassong and Colo is our best bet at the minute imo (when Jose's back). Cacapa played well today like.

a continental manager would play Cacapa and Coloccini together in an instant tbh

like today? not a good partnership imo as both look unsure in the air and not the most physically imposing. average players like carlton cole or john utaka would have a field day. wish Faye was still at the club.

I'd very much like to see Coloccini and Bassong together and hopefully we will. But with the must-starter Coloccini still learning the english game and Bassong very inexperienced i'd go for The Argentine and the Brazillian atm. They'll be able to communicate dont forget and we've blatantly been lacking this so far. Cacapa's a good defender in my book who generally played well last season.

a continental manager would play Cacapa and Coloccini together in an instant tbh

Like Chris Houghton did yesterday. To me Cacapa is sub at best. Jose in LB & Bassong at CB with Colo. But Colo is well off the pace atm as well.

Beye - very good RB, needed back in the side

Guthrie - better than Geremi & Butt(more mobile), but NOT outstanding for a Prem midfielder

Jonas - has LOOKED good in early appearances(attacks defenders FROM DEEP, helps defence out),but I am not totally convinced about his effectiveness in the last third of the field - i.e., attacking the opposition goal..

Enrique - was impressed by what I saw of him, esp in some of games at end of last season ; good left foot, passes the ball well, doesn't panic at the back - has gone back a bit since then, but the talent is still there.

Someone will make a good player out of him, but the mess that we are right now will not help....