Everton 2-2 Newcastle - 05/10/08 - Post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Fair point. Absolutely woefully shit in the first half, but showed some great spirit in the second. The team talk must have been fairly inspiring but i seriously question some of Kinnear's decisions today; the continued inclusion of Duff is going to seriously grate on me. Hapless today, as per.

But yeah, plenty of positives from that second half. Even Shola looked remotely capable. If Kinnear's managed to inject some fighting spirit then we might be OK with these players coming back. But if Duff and Butt are still in the team when they do return, then some serious questions need answering.

As a side point, i thought Owen was unexpectedly shit today.

Well played, we looked a far better team in the second half.

I thought Guthrie had a really good second half and look forward to seeing him partner Barton.

Barton's back next game isn't he?

I expect he is off out for a few pints and a burger in Liverpool tonight....

I thought Bassong was excellent at the back. Won everything in the air.

I prefer him to Enrique at the moment.

Could kill two brids with one stone and play both, in their right positions.

The Zog was excellent in that 2nd half, his dribbling and speed were vital.

...and his crossing was woeful, and he missed a clear chance in front of goal, not that that matters though, eh?

As you can imagine, absolutely gutted. Feels like a defeat.

I predicted a draw before the match not out of negativity, but out of realism. The most worrying thing about today was when we went 2-0 up, I didn't feel confident at all that we'd go on and win it.

Credit to you, it was a great fighting spirit, only wished we'd played you a couple of weeks ago. The players just seemed to assume that after the 2nd goal, it'd be plain sailing, and obviously it wasn't.

I worry for us this season. If we're outplayed for a good majority of the 2nd half by a club that's apparently a laughing stock, then what does that make us?

Bitterly disappointed. Couldn't be more different to last season if we tried.

Baines & Taylor part the North Mafia in the  U21 squad that didnt like the South Bling Boys.

What's the point here ?

Just passing comment as they were both together on TV.

They both had assists too. Baines with 2 and 2 goal line clearances.

As you can imagine, absolutely gutted. Feels like a defeat.

I predicted a draw before the match not out of negativity, but out of realism. The most worrying thing about today was when we went 2-0 up, I didn't feel confident at all that we'd go on and win it.

Credit to you, it was a great fighting spirit, only wished we'd played you a couple of weeks ago. The players just seemed to assume that after the 2nd goal, it'd be plain sailing, and obviously it wasn't.

I worry for us this season. If we're outplayed for a good majority of the 2nd half by a club that's apparently a laughing stock, then what does that make us?

Bitterly disappointed. Couldn't be more different to last season if we tried.

Safety.

2-2 ?!?! :kasper:  :kasper:  :kasper:

I didn't have the time off to watch this game, just checked in here and at a live-update football page online once in a while. Obsessed with my master thesis, I forgot to see what happened in second half, so when I came back on I see we managed 2-2 away at Everton.  :celb:  :clap: Almost like 3-points :D

So anyone care to just give me a quick sum up? Just read Colo had a nightmare out there.He'll improve though, I still rate him, and think he'll prove to be a good buy given some time. What's up with subbing Enrique with Bassong that early on, and what on earth does Ameobi do on the pitch? Taylor seems to have a tough time, right? Still scored a goal :clap:  Haha, you guys seen that the SUN have had this guy up in Newcastle, apperently the ground/area is cursed?  :razz:

The Zog was excellent in that 2nd half, his dribbling and speed were vital.

...and his crossing was woeful, and he missed a clear chance in front of goal, not that that matters though, eh?

The chance was blocked well by Baines, yes he probably should have gone across goal, but it all happened quickly and hindsight is a wonderful thing, i think he did exactly what most would do in that position. We wouldn't have got a point out of this without him, i'm sure of that.

A great fight back from the lads, well done!. I thought we were the better team in the second half and should have won. Thought it was a bit silly bringing Enrique back to soon and now we are going to pay for it.

A great fight back from the lads, well done!. I thought we were the better team in the second half and should have won. Thought it was a bit silly bringing Enrique back to soon and now we are going to pay for it.

He looked far from injured.

Coloccini looked good to me, who's writing otherwise. Given's fault for the 2nd, he should be coming out for balls in his 6 yard area, it's his job

... he did?

Coloccini wasn't covering; it was poor marking. Given was unlucky to have two attackers bearing down on him with no defenders to help.