Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Colo has gone to shit over the last few games. Bassong is probably the best defender at the club.

http://www.bluelinecomics.com/New%20Blue%20Lines/Captain%20Obvious%207%20splash%20finished.jpg

I hope to fuck Bassong will be back fit for Chelsea game so we can give Colo a break,he needs to be given a break irc.He hasnt become a bad player over night,hopefully we will stay up and we will see more of the performances like the one in Old trafford next season

Guest Heneage

I'd say the same ignoring Taylors potential mis givings at centre back. He is at the moment playing in a way that no-one calling themselves a fan can critique him.

I'd say the same ignoring Taylors potential mis givings at centre back. He is at the moment playing in a way that no-one calling themselves a fan can critique him.

Are you serious by the way? He's definitely improved, but I just have trouble looking past his sometimes immeasurable stupidity. When he eventually cost us a match by getting sent off for randomly shoving his forearm into someone's neck, we'll see what the reaction is. He's a good player is he cuts out the bulls***.

Question is. With the 5 lads all fit and ready who do you pick as your back four?

Beye, Coloccini, Bassong & Enrique. The same defence that went on that run earlier on in the season. Taylor yes has improved lately, but that's in no large part is because he's not playing in the centre.

Question is. With the 5 lads all fit and ready who do you pick as your back four?

Beye, Coloccini, Bassong & Enrique. The same defence that went on that run earlier on in the season. Taylor yes has improved lately, but that's in no large part is because he's not playing in the centre.

I wouldnt be so quick to drop Taylor tbh. We could use his passion and attacking attributes in the next few weeks.

I wouldnt be so quick to drop Taylor tbh. We could use his passion and attacking attributes in the next few weeks.

Attacking if he's at centre half? He's not Franz Beckenbauer man.

Attacking if he's at centre half? He's not Franz Beckenbauer man.

I mean for corners etc, he one of our better threats at set pieces like that. Id say at this point Taylor offers more than Colo, given the circumstances we need players out there who care, who will fight for the club and do us proud. Taylor for me is one of the few who will give us that.

Guest michaelfoster

Jesus H Christ

The Coloccini bashing here is rediculus, fair enough he didnt play well against Arsenal or recently but you could say the same for the other 8 players on the field. He has not even been here a year, probably still trying to grasp the language as South Americans take more time to adapt than Europeans, his confidence is probably been torn to sh*t due to us playing badly and the fans getting on players backs for every mistake, providing we are in the PL next season i think we will see a better Coloccini

He's no Bramble or Boumsong so instead of shouting at players, telling them they are useless tossers or not fit to wear the shirt during games lets get behind them for the last 8 games eh?

Thing is, even bramble had his strengths. He had his endless cockups, but he had physical strength to...he could win a ball in the air.

Colocinni so far has shown very little of anything over here. Cant remember ever seeing him head a ball away...he might win the rare 1 on 1 thats about it. For a central defender thats not good enough.

Whatever you want to say about his capabilities for next season. THIS season, HE has been a big part of our current position. Simple as that, not good enough.

Guest michaelfoster

Thing is, even bramble had his strengths. He had his endless cockups, but he had physical strength to...he could win a ball in the air.

When Bramble went anywhere near the ball in the penalty area most of SJP shat themselves, there's been too many times where Bramble has miskicked the ball/slipped, missed the clearance and the striker has gone one on one with the keeper and scored, Coloccini hasnt been that bad, people just seem to be looking for a scapegoat now Taylor is playing well.

Ive seen enough of Coloccini this season to suggest he will be a decent defender for us and much better than Boumsong or Bramble.