Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

Just having Bramble on the teamsheet made me nervous. He was nailed on for a goal-conceding howler every couple of games, if not more often.

Not sure what's going on with Colo recently, his form has definitely dipped, but he's no Titus.

he's not crap like, you don't get 30-odd caps for argentina by being crap.

he, like the team is just having a 'mare this season. confidence is shot to shit. had we had a decent manager motivating the players i think we'd see better performances and determination from all the squad members

Dunno, think Brambles errors were just far more obvious and we could see when he was costing us goals.

Bet if you went back over the highlights this season and looked for where colos been run past easily, badly positioned, or easily beaten in the air. Youd find a very similar amount of errors, probably far more that cost us goals.

Dont think its a coincidence that we have one of the very best defenders we've ever had in recent times in Bassong, yet conceded the 3rd most goals in the entire league. Colo having played all games. Its not magic is it really. Whether his form is down to him, bad management, confidence or whatever else is debatable. But facts are it is HIS form.

Guest JamesD

Isn't he the only player to start every game this season, or at least in the league? Seems like fatigue would probably explain some downturn in form.

Thing is, even bramble had his strengths. He had his endless cockups, but he had physical strength to...he could win a ball in the air.

Colocinni so far has shown very little of anything over here. Cant remember ever seeing him head a ball away...he might win the rare 1 on 1 thats about it. For a central defender thats not good enough.

Whatever you want to say about his capabilities for next season. THIS season, HE has been a big part of our current position. Simple as that, not good enough.

Looks more like a midfield holding player to me.

Thing is, even bramble had his strengths. He had his endless cockups, but he had physical strength to...he could win a ball in the air.

Colocinni so far has shown very little of anything over here. Cant remember ever seeing him head a ball away...he might win the rare 1 on 1 thats about it. For a central defender thats not good enough.

Whatever you want to say about his capabilities for next season. THIS season, HE has been a big part of our current position. Simple as that, not good enough.

no chance. his ability to turn, change direction and keep up with nimble, quick players is close to zero. once he plants his foot down in one direction he's committed and can't recover if the player he is marking turns in the opposite direction or passes it elsewhere. with all the switching of play, quick angular passing and people running diagonally that you get in the middle i reckon he'd just get lost and continually struggle to keep up.

no chance. his ability to turn, change direction and keep up with nimble, quick players is close to zero. once he plants his foot down in one direction he's committed and can't recover if the player he is marking turns in the opposite direction or passes it elsewhere. with all the switching of play, quick angular passing and people running diagonally that you get in the middle i reckon he'd just get lost and continually struggle to keep up.

What are we to do with him? The force and power of the PL might be too much for him.

What are we to do with him? The force and power of the PL might be too much for him.

no idea, mate. i thought he'd be good in midfield too but in the one game he played there his weaknesses were still all too evident. he looked good when we had a settled back four earlier in the season so i'm still clinging on to that and hope that if we stay up he can regain some of that form.

was so happy when signed him....but imo he has failed this season! i still believe he could have a good 2nd season for us...if we against the odds stay up and gets a proper manager!

but we also have to remember what team he have played in....not easy being a central defender  in a sh.t team....eventhough bassong has managed to look solid!

Arsenal´s 3rd goal against us was colo mistake.....wtf was he doing! NOT GOOD ENOUGH.....looked liked he had lost all hope! attitude like that wont save us!

If venables or somebody else with a football brain and experience doesn´t come in we are going down.

Anyone up for a bet?

was so happy when signed him....but imo he has failed this season! i still believe he could have a good 2nd season for us...if we against the odds stay up and gets a proper manager!

but we also have to remember what team he have played in....not easy being a central defender  in a sh.t team....eventhough bassong has managed to look solid!

Arsenal´s 3rd goal against us was colo mistake.....wtf was he doing! NOT GOOD ENOUGH.....looked liked he had lost all hope! attitude like that wont save us!

If venables or somebody else with a football brain and experience doesn´t come in we are going down.

Anyone up for a bet?

Yes, a fiver?  Payable via Paypal.

Anyone up for a bet?

wouldn´t mind losing a fiver on that bet!

• 2 months later...

Anyone up for a bet?

wouldn´t mind losing a fiver on that bet!

Someone's lost a bet. On his Birthday as well (not technically)

Guest iliketoonarmy

Jesus H Christ

The Coloccini bashing here is rediculus, fair enough he didnt play well against Arsenal or recently but you could say the same for the other 8 players on the field. He has not even been here a year, probably still trying to grasp the language as South Americans take more time to adapt than Europeans, his confidence is probably been torn to sh*t due to us playing badly and the fans getting on players backs for every mistake, providing we are in the PL next season i think we will see a better Coloccini

He's no Bramble or Boumsong so instead of shouting at players, telling them they are useless tossers or not fit to wear the shirt during games lets get behind them for the last 8 games eh?

The biggest mistake of our fans is that they don't give foreign players a chance, not even for a season. There is nothing wrong with buying from Spain whatsoever, just look at other English clubs and you always see the successful one. Taylor has been shit for so many seasons, and he's still shit now if i am honest, but it's the time and support from the fans that made him improved every games.

Some fans should really fuck off and feel ashamed of themselves. They are just part of the blame for relegation.

Jesus H Christ

The Coloccini bashing here is rediculus, fair enough he didnt play well against Arsenal or recently but you could say the same for the other 8 players on the field. He has not even been here a year, probably still trying to grasp the language as South Americans take more time to adapt than Europeans, his confidence is probably been torn to sh*t due to us playing badly and the fans getting on players backs for every mistake, providing we are in the PL next season i think we will see a better Coloccini

He's no Bramble or Boumsong so instead of shouting at players, telling them they are useless tossers or not fit to wear the shirt during games lets get behind them for the last 8 games eh?

The biggest mistake of our fans is that they don't give foreign players a chance, not even for a season. There is nothing wrong with buying from Spain whatsoever, just look at other English clubs and you always see the successful one. Taylor has been s*** for so many seasons, and he's still s*** now if i am honest, but it's the time and support from the fans that made him improved every games.

Some fans should really f*** off and feel ashamed of themselves. They are just part of the blame for relegation.

:lol:

I'm sorry but I cant see how anyone can defend colo after

1) He pretty much said he wasn't interested

2) Displayed very little ability, with no obvious defensive attributes

3) Messed up nearly as much as nicky butt.

Fans to blame for relegaton? orly?

Guest neesy111

Spain really has been turboshit for us in terms of imports. :lol:

Well, Enrique?

remember Helder (also Deportivo)? Pity we couldn't sign him up after his loan spell but he was a very solid defender when he was here.

helder was class during his loan spell, shame the fat bastard (shepherd) wouldn't cough up what depo wanted for him

Jesus H Christ

The biggest mistake of our fans is that they don't give foreign players a chance, not even for a season. There is nothing wrong with buying from Spain whatsoever, just look at other English clubs and you always see the successful one. Taylor has been shit for so many seasons, and he's still shit now if i am honest, but it's the time and support from the fans that made him improved every games.

Some fans should really fuck off and feel ashamed of themselves. They are just part of the blame for relegation.

:thup:

So a season of football wasn't enough of a chance for Colo?

Considering he only got worse as the season went on i reckon he should be grateful he's not getting another chance to show what he isn't capable of in the Premiership.

He got more chances than most ever would, it took Shearer to realise how bad he was.

In the his defence he wasn't in exaclty the best team in the world and had pretty much no protection from CM all season.

Sorry those very valid issues cannot be used to defend him since they cannot be used to defend Steven Taylor a much younger defender who has only ever experienced this kind of environment.