Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

We should not accept less than £8m for him to be honest

You think we should keep him then?

unless we're offered £8m plus, absolutely.

He's still an big asset and well though of on the continent

I'd be staggered if we get offered anywhere close to £8m, regardless of his reputation. He's on megabucks too (something about this being a lifechanging financial opportunity iirc) so he needs shifting.

He was on less than £20,000 per week at Depor according to their fans. His agent said we were doubling his wage, so he's probably on between £38k-£40k.

Also we paid 11.3m Euros as far as I remember (with a further 1 million Euro's based on performance). So I'd be asking for between 8.5m and 9m Euros.

I wonder how many people would think of going from 20k per week to 40k per week as really life-changing, though? Bizarre.

Only if he was convinced no other club in the world would pay anything like £40k. Personally I reckon he'll be making a fortune as our biggest signing, probably more than £50k.

I'd be staggered if we get offered anywhere close to £8m, regardless of his reputation. He's on megabucks too (something about this being a lifechanging financial opportunity iirc) so he needs shifting.

He was on less than £20,000 per week at Depor according to their fans.  His agent said we were doubling his wage, so he's probably on between £38k-£40k.

Also we paid 11.3m Euros as far as I remember (with a further 1 million Euro's based on performance).  So I'd be asking for between 8.5m and 9m Euros.

I think he's on a little bit more than that. If we have 15 over 50k a week, I would doubt very much that Colo isn't one of them.

We could easily get 7 mil for him.  We're the only ones who (wrongfully) think he's shit.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/25052009/58/premier-league-team-season-hail-gerrard.html

FLOPS OF THE SEASON (minimum 19 starts)

With no changes to our team of losers since last week, the unfortunate 'winner' of the flop of the season title goes to Newcastle full-back Jose Enrique.

Put simply, the Spaniard has been awful this season and there is no doubting some of his performances on the pitch have contributed to Magpies' ultimate downfall.

But he was not alone - quite how team-mate Fabricio Coloccini managed to score a higher average remains a mystery to many. Nevertheless, the Argentine was still bad enough to fill a centre-half slot, alongside Carlos Cuellar of Aston Villa, who has largely struggled to adjust to life south of the border since his switch from Rangers.

Kevin Nolan completes the shamed Magpies triumvirate, the midfielder lining up alongside League One player Keith Andrews, Stoke's Amdy Faye and yet another man with Toon connections, Charles N'Zogbia.

And to think that triumvirate very nearly became a quartet with Michael Owen teetering on the brink of the flops XI. The Newcastle striker ended the season a mere 0.09 points ahead of Afonso Alves - had he started on the final day of the season, there would have been a strong likelihood of him being included in this section.

I'd disagree about Enrique being as bad as they say, he had some games where he seemed to think the ball boys were his team-mates, but I think he just picked up poor marks in general bad defensive performances with extra points off for poor passing. Can't argue with the rest of it though, and Coloccini was easily the worst of a bad bunch last season.

I disagree with people saying he started well and then lost his confidence in a poor team. I think he showed the same weaknesses from the start, just that with new players it takes a while for you to see their flaws, or if you see them you subconsciously let them off because they're new to the team/league. Certainly within a few months there were people saying there were serious problems in his game that he'd need to improve to be any good in the Premiership. He never did, and there's no reason to believe he ever will.

There's no way we'll get anything like £7m for him, unless we agree to pay half his wages too. I think we'd be lucky to get £3-4m and we'll probably end up loaning him out abroad to avoid paying his wages, hoping he'll look half decent in another league. (He's so in demand, none of the 3 clubs he's already been on loan to in his career could hang on to him, they all had to give him back at the end of the season  :rolleyes:)

I don't hesitate in saying that for £12.5m & £50+k/w for a mature defender who doesn't have the basic skills required to play in an English league, IMO Coloccini is easily the worst transfer the club has ever made.

That stuff about Enrique is genuine :mackems: material.

These people are employed to write about football?!? Fuck me!

He was on less than £20,000 per week at Depor according to their fans.  His agent said we were doubling his wage, so he's probably on between £38k-£40k.

Also we paid 11.3m Euros as far as I remember (with a further 1 million Euro's based on performance).  So I'd be asking for between 8.5m and 9m Euros.

I think he's on a little bit more than that. If we have 15 over 50k a week, I would doubt very much that Colo isn't one of them.

Like I said he was on under £20k at Depor and his agent said the offer was to double his wages.

I'm not sure about the 15 players on over £50k either, certainly possible but I saw that list in the SUN and it had Xisco on £50k, which I don't believe for one second.

Like I said he was on under £20k at Depor and his agent said the offer was to double his wages.

I'm not sure about the 15 players on over £50k either, certainly possible but I saw that list in the SUN and it had Xisco on £50k, which I don't believe for one second.

50k, yeah right. The Sun's football section really shouldn't ever be acknowledged unless you're clean out of bog roll

Guest optimistic nit

true but with his wages i dont think we can be too picky. anything over 5 mill pounds would have me cartwheeling tbh, even though he is worth more.

Do squad players from relegated clubs go for  that much.

You have been wrong about him from day one, the reason Milan played him once & none of the many clubs in Spain that they shoved him out to on loan to signed him because he is not very good & he is vastly overated because he has played for the Argie national squad. He has been linked with a move from DLC most transfer windows & it was only our club glum enough to sucked into the hype of buying this sham of player who makes his fellow countryman Bassedas seem like value for money.

Some jokers in this thread reckon we spunked a load of £££'s on Ashley/Wisey/TJ's "WOW" signing & then are paying £40K a week..........& people say drugs are not what they used to be!!!!!

Who the hell is going to offer £8m for him?

He has had a crap season with us and clubs know we need shot of the big earners like Colo.

We would be very, very lucky to get even half of that for him.

Init. These top Spanish clubs who supposedly rate him highly could have bought him for that in any of the last few year, but they didnt and let him go to a club in the bottom half of the PL. Says it all.

Guest Stephen927

He has had a crap season with us and clubs know we need shot of the big earners like Colo.

We would be very, very lucky to get even half of that for him.

I would bet that which ever deals we come up with for players, most if not all will be for "undisclosed fees".

• 2 years later...