Long Range Strikes

captainhaircut

Just caught Shearers v Everton and it reminded me of that side. Shearer, Robert and Solano could all strike them as could Bernard. We even had Ambrose and Jenas who occasionally caught one well.

Who do we have nowadays, (edit: except Oba)? I can't remember the last time someone had a strike from outside the box and I fancied it to go in.

When was the last time we scored one? Or even came close to scoring one? I've been racking my brains for a bit and the one I came up with was N'Zogbia V Boro last year. Bit depressing if thats it. A whole season without a goal from outside the box.

I know what you mean, it's not even with long range now. It's any free kick, I sigh and think who do we have that could just hit it here and have a realistic chance of going in. When we had Robert and Shearer every time we got a free kick you though we could score.

Thought the title said "Long Ranger Strikes" and was expecting to see wor Ranger strike something.

Utterly crushed and disappointed now. :angry:

ah that would have been brilliant to see wor dutland custard superman it in from 30-odd yards

superman it in :lol: :lol: