awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

Quite looking forward to it now it's getting closer. :)

I'll tell you if I'm looking forward to it or not after Monday night!

Pressure and expectations do funny things to mackems.  :thup:

so does soap and water

:smug:

While just 13 per cent of those at London Euston were shamed with dirty hands, a whopping 44 per cent at Newcastle were guilty of "go-and-not-wash-and-go".

London chaps proved the least water-shy, with a mere six per cent testing positive while a worrying 53 per cent of Geordies tested were caught brown-handed.

Now dont put your fingers in your mouth!!... O0

a whopping 44 per cent at newcastle.

by implication it's as likely to be people coming into newcastle as locals. have you seen how full the train is coming in from sunderland ?

have you heard about sunderlands history with typhoid ?

;D  What in 1831. the above article is current!! not  200 years old  :idiot2:

and it clearly states "GEORDIES"... :iamatwat:

Ps. I think you`ll find it wasnt Typhoid,but cholera,the same cholera that swept through the rest of country.

pps.dont bite your finger nails.  :pow:

so does soap and water

While just 13 per cent of those at London Euston were shamed with dirty hands, a whopping 44 per cent at Newcastle were guilty of "go-and-not-wash-and-go".

London chaps proved the least water-shy, with a mere six per cent testing positive while a worrying 53 per cent of Geordies tested were caught brown-handed.

by implication it's as likely to be people coming into newcastle as locals. have you seen how full the train is coming in from sunderland ?

Ps. I think you`ll find it wasnt Typhoid,but cholera,the same cholera that swept through the rest of country.

pps.dont bite your finger nails.   :pow:

yip. i hear they took names and addersses to prove it aswell.

so does soap and water

pps.dont bite your finger nails.   :pow:

yip. i hear they took names and addersses to prove it aswell.

O0

teed..the cholera outbreak started in sunderland then spread cpountrywide. you infected us all !

the typhoid outbreak was in the late 1800's

Yea I know! I think the Yorkshire ripper and Hitler were Mackems too!. ???

teed..the cholera outbreak started in sunderland then spread cpountrywide. you infected us all !

The Ripper hoaxer definitely was.....and there was that ditty about Hitler having Kevin Ball. :razz:

O0

Hitler must have been one of the only mackems to get into Europe.

Anyone got any Mackem match rituals? I've got the Friday (day before) off work because I get too nervous in the lead up. Will probably watch some past victories against them.

Nope...not really. Just nervous as f*ck for the whole week before and when we play the scum away I normally cant eat breakfast im so nervous! :kasper:

As for the match- not looking too forward to it tbh. If we get a win (unlikely) Vs City then i'll be looking forward to it a bit morebut otherwise im not exactly filled with confidence.

A win would be the result of the season for me tbh. Just with all the mackems shoving it down our throats for weeks and building themselves up....to beat them AGAIN would just be unbelievable. 

Id take a draw atm though.

The missus wanted me to drive her to Seaburn from Gosforth formy daughters school athletics tournament bang in the middle of the match then she realised that there are only two days of a season that nothing else matters and i won and mother in law goes instead .Nervous as fook but if Martins is playing and dare i say Barton (for the simple reason he will know what this match is all about) for his err fighting qualitys in a game like this , will be happy with a draw but hey lets beat the fookers.

With any justice for this game Beye will be starting, with Barton & Gutierrez potentially with a call for a starting place.

On top of that Ameobi and Duff look lively and Martins and miraculously healed from his 'injury'. Oh, and Owen is potentially back for this.

I reckon going on the back of the last two draws they're there for the taking. Oh, and Bassong is looking good at left back too.

apparently Jonas is still 50/50 for this game.......bit worried that he`s going to get kicked all over the park by the dirty mackems in this game and pick up another injury especially if he`s not 100%

apparently Jonas is still 50/50 for this game.......bit worried that he`s going to get kicked all over the park by the dirty mackems in this game and pick up another injury especially if he`s not 100%

I'm not worried, if he plays he'll tear them apart.

All things being well, I.E. injured players returning, Red card rescinded.

Given, Beye, Taylor, Colo, Bassong, Jonas, Guthrie, Barton, Duff, Martins, Ameobi

Subs: Owen, Geremi/Butt, Xisco, N'Zog, Enrique, Cacapa, Harper

Think Owen will be benched for Saftey, Guthrie will probably be dropped instead of Butt for the incoming Barton.

If Beye is out I wouldnt have any qualms with  Taylor  Colo  Bassong  Enrique.

I expect to see:

Given, Taylor, Colo, Bassong, Enrique, Geremi, Barton, Butt, Duff, Ameobi, Martins

Bench: Jonas, Harper, cacapa, Carroll, N'Zog, Guthrie, edgar

If Beye is suspended, do you think Bassong can handle the aerial threat of Kenwyne Jones? assuming Taylor moves to right back that is.

If Beye is suspended, do you think Bassong can handle the aerial threat of Kenwyne Jones? assuming Taylor moves to right back that is.

I dont see why not, although Kinnear will probably play Cacapa ahead of Bassong in the CB position

I dont see why not, although Kinnear will probably play Cacapa ahead of Bassong in the CB position

that`s what I fear! I reckon Cacapa is a decent defender but not against the more physical sides as many agree on, and Colo isn`t the best aerially

Guest geordienorway

I would like this team:

----------------------Given--------------------

Taylor-----Colo--------Bassong----Enrique

Jonas-----Barton------Guthrie-----Duff

------------Owen------Martins-------------

that`s what I fear! I reckon Cacapa is a decent defender but not against the more physical sides as many agree on, and Colo isn`t the best aerially

cant see Kenwyne Jones starting to be honest. Hasnt played this season yet has he? I cant see Keane starting him.

I hope to God Jonas is fit for us though. If we get a few back, our teamsheet looks dramatically better.