awful dirty mackems v Newcastle United, Saturday 25th October

Guest BooBoo

Forgot about Jonas being back! As with Martins though, can't see him being anywhere near being match-fit so would sooner have him on the bench.

I thought Martins caused City problems last night and would probably have caused them a few more if he wasn't shunted wide left after the sending off. I thought Martins and Ameobi gelled quite well, and I would like to see them have a go at Sunderland.

which pub/bar will be the best place to watch the match on sat? what's the earliest bar/pub to open?

Even though its not my favourite place in town, City Vaults was a brilliant place to watch the derby last season. Great atmosphere although getting served was a bit of a hassle.

which pub/bar will be the best place to watch the match on sat? what's the earliest bar/pub to open?

Even though its not my favourite place in town, City Vaults was a brilliant place to watch the derby last season. Great atmosphere although getting served was a bit of a hassle.

Beer shower! :pow:

Right, two different teams here dependant on the Beye red:

RESCINDED:

Given

Beye Coloccini Taylor Bassong

Jonas Barton Guthrie N'Zogbia

Ameobi Martins

Subs: Harper, Xisco, Carroll, Geremi, Cacapa, Duff, Butt

NOT RESCINDED:

Given

Taylor Coloccini Bassong Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Barton Duff

Ameobi Martins

Bench: Harper, Xisco, Carroll, Geremi, N'Zogbia, Butt, Cacapa

Starting to look forward to this now. If we show the same passion and commitment as last night we definately have enough quality to beat them.

Their spirits are high as we all know, and to be fair this is probably as good a chance as they ever had of beating us at home, but as usual their hopes will fade and die when we twonk them. :snod:

Even if beyes card aint overturned his ban won't kick in until after sunderland. Hopefully the team is Given Beye Taylor Colo Bassong Jonas guthrie  Butt Duff Martins owen subs Harper Enrique shola geremi Cacapa Barton n zogbia...... If owen or jonas aint fit i would put Charlie in to replace either

Are you 100 % sure of this?

I was thinking about that. I thought it didn't kick in until 7 days or something ? I'm probly wrong like because no1 has mentioned anything

A lot will depend on who's fit for us. If we can put a strong team (and bench) out then we should have nothing to fear going down there.

They're no great shakes and very beatable, but we'd need to play well. :)

I'll stand by this tbh.

Physioroom reckons we could well have Owen, Gutierrez and Gonzalez available. And obviously Barton too. :)

For the first time in my lifetime anyway, the pressure is all on Sunderland for this one. Can't remember anytime where Sunderland have went into these as favourites. Would be the sweetest derby win ever for me this one, if despite the fact we've got an owner who wants out, a manager who doesn't know how long he'll be here, and Sunderland supposedly on the up, we won this one and went level with them in the table. Still think we're the better team with the better players though, and I can see us winning...2-1 would be a nice scoreline.

the domi/helder goals game and the o'brien equaliser games were probably the only recent occasions.

Guest nufc_kev

Even if beyes card aint overturned his ban won't kick in until after sunderland. Hopefully the team is Given Beye Taylor Colo Bassong Jonas guthrie  Butt Duff Martins owen subs Harper Enrique shola geremi Cacapa Barton n zogbia...... If owen or jonas aint fit i would put Charlie in to replace either

Are you 100 % sure of this?

I was thinking about that. I thought it didn't kick in until 7 days or something ? I'm probly wrong like because no1 has mentioned anything

Isnt the 7 day rule specifically for 5 yellows?

RESCINDED:

Given

Ameobi Martins

NOT RESCINDED:

Given

Ameobi Martins

No, no, no. Get Carroll off the bench and Ranger on. I'm still not sure about Ameobi and Xisco.

the nightmare scenario................no red card rescind,owen and gutierrez not fit.

given

taylor    bassong  coloccini  enrique/n'zogbia

geremi      guthrie  butt    duff

ameobi    martins.

RESCINDED:

Given

Ameobi Martins

NOT RESCINDED:

Given

Ameobi Martins

Bit harsh dropping Duff on the back of his best performance for us like

Guest Darth Toon

A lot of people leaving Butt our of their line-up - don't think there's any chance of this as Kinnear named him captain in Owen's absence. His experience in a hostile atmosphere will be important too.

If Barton plays I think it will be for Guthrie rather than Butt, although he may play all 3 if Jonas doesn't make it.

A lot of people leaving Butt our of their line-up - don't think there's any chance of this as Kinnear named him captain in Owen's absence. His experience in a hostile atmosphere will be important too.

If Barton plays I think it will be for Guthrie rather than Butt, although he may play all 3 if Jonas doesn't make it.

Just put that thought in the Barton thread, only way Barton starts is if we go 4-3-3 I reckon.

the bloke in Back Page when I was buying my SMB t-shirt was trying to convince me to go to Beyond.  I'm assuming its 'cos their pre-match shennanigans are something to do with them.  Think I'll be in Vaults again like.

Guest nufc_kev

RESCINDED:

Given

Ameobi Martins

NOT RESCINDED:

Given

Ameobi Martins

Bit harsh dropping Duff on the back of his best performance for us like

I thought it was very noticable that Duff's performance improved when he switched to the right wing after the sending off on Monday. Duff and Jonas on the flanks, constantly alternating could prove to be very effective.

Read this and the pathetic little comments made by the mackem: -

true faith cracks onto Mackem fanzine - A Love Supreme

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/94A353E02CFBD3BA802574EA000078AE?OpenDocument

It's funny how the mackem knows all our attendance figures (home and away). What's the connection between Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough fans? They're all obsessed with Newcastle.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/0/94A353E02CFBD3BA802574EA000078AE?OpenDocument

It's funny how the mackem knows all our attendance figures (home and away). What's the connection between Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough fans? They're all obsessed with Newcastle.

i worked with martyn  mc fadden about 20yrs ago.

he was a knob then aswell.

what a fucking div.

"...and he turned down freeman of the city status in both cities."  -  That has to be the most bullshit backup to a man being a legend, 'cos he turned down the freedom of the city (or town, in sunderlands case).  Surely most, if not all of us with half a fucking brain cell would see that as an honour.  If it was an attempt at being modest, it isn't.  If he was modest he'd quietly accept the invitation and not let it go to his head.

the bloke in Back Page when I was buying my SMB t-shirt was trying to convince me to go to Beyond.  I'm assuming its 'cos their pre-match shennanigans are something to do with them.  Think I'll be in Vaults again like.

You more than likely got served off Mad Mick who DJs at Beyond he used to work at Idols & The Sports Bar before that. I think he is a part owner of the Back Page with Mark Jenson (The Mag).

You more than likely got served off Mad Mick who DJs at Beyond he used to work at Idols & The Sports Bar before that. I think he is a part owner of the Back Page with Mark Jenson (The Mag).

It probably was.  He said something about having to work so he wouldn't be going to the game itself.  Everytime I've been in there its been Mark Jensen thats served me.