Newcastle United vs Citeh - Pre match thread

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Geremi deserves to keep his place on merit I think, as he's been our most creative midfielder for a good while now.

How depressing is that.

I know what you mean, but once Jonas is fully fit and Barton returns from suspension that should no longer be the case.

Because Gutierrez has proven delivery or Barton for that matter ?

Surprised how low people rate Geremi; he provided the most amount of assists in the squad last season and is by far our best proven provider of goals among the squad.

Guest icemanblue

Geremi deserves to keep his place on merit I think, as he's been our most creative midfielder for a good while now.

How depressing is that.

I know what you mean, but once Jonas is fully fit and Barton returns from suspension that should no longer be the case.

Surprised how low people rate Geremi; he provided the most amount of assists in the squad last season and is by far our best proven provider of goals among the squad.

But he can't run. I'd say that probably plays quite a big part in people's relatively low perception of him.

How depressing is that.

But he can't run. I'd say that probably plays quite a big part in people's relatively low perception of him.

That's my only problem with him. I don't think you can have Butt and Geremi in the same midfield otherwise we'll crawl to a standstill.

Geremi tends to either lose the ball or give it away with a poor pass if he is closed down quickly. He's only really effective if he has time on the ball and he doesnt particularly make space for himself to have the time.

Geremi tends to either lose the ball or give it away with a poor pass if he is closed down quickly. He's only really effective if he has time on the ball and he doesnt particularly make space for himself to have the time.

Beye will make more space for him now he's back by overlapping him, pulling the opposition out of position and letting him float some balls in from deep.

Beye will make more space for him now he's back by overlapping him, pulling the opposition out of position and letting him float some balls in from deep.

Good point, hopefully you are correct.

Given

Beye  Taylor  Coloccini  Bassong

Jonas  Geremi  Guthrie  N'Zogbia

Duff

Martins

Harper, Cacapa, Enrique, Butt, Xisco, Shola. Ranger

The above please Joe.

Starting to look a lot more balanced and threatening. Add in Barton and Owen and its not a bad first eleven.

Martins wasn't out for six weeks was he? Any one I hope to see Oba sprinting past Richard Dunne that would warm my heart. Is Xisco unfit or something. If not it should no doubt be Xisco and Martins up front. Oba reallu looked good towards the end of last season, and against Manchester United, hopefully his good form returns with his fitness. We need him.

I could also do with him showing up the Colombia friendly, want him to stay relevant.

Given

Beye  Bassong Coloccini  Enrique

Xisco  Martins

It's never going to happen as I'm sure Taylor, Duff and Butt will get picked. I just think that team has decent energy and pace, good wingers and decent threat in the air and on the deck up front. It looks well balanced on paper at least.

Given

Xisco  Martins

It's never going to happen as I'm sure Taylor, Duff and Butt will get picked. I just think that team has decent energy and pace, good wingers and decent threat in the air and on the deck up front. It looks well balanced on paper at least.

That's one Owen and one Barton away from our best team, imo. Taylor, Duff and Butt can fuck off, the latter two especially - been woeful this season (and last, and the one before that, and the one before that, etc).

Given

Xisco  Martins

That's one Owen and one Barton away from our best team, imo. Taylor, Duff and Butt can fuck off, the latter two especially - been woeful this season (and last, and the one before that, and the one before that, etc).

Can't disagree with that at all. Geremi is the weak link in the squad at it is for me.

Given

Xisco  Martins

Can't disagree with that at all. Geremi is the weak link in the squad at it is for me.

Yep; good impact sub though i reckon.

Given

Xisco  Martins

That actually looks like a good XI to me. Tin hat on, but I would consider leaving Enrique out and still have Taylor in with Bassong LB. Bassong and N'Zogbia have linked up very well down the left when they've played together, far better than Zoggy and Enrique, and I still don't think Taylor is that bad.

Given

Xisco  Martins

That actually looks like a good XI to me. Tin hat on, but I would consider leaving Enrique out and still have Taylor in with Bassong LB. Bassong and N'Zogbia have linked up very well down the left when they've played together, far better than Zoggy and Enrique, and I still don't think Taylor is that bad.

What? Bassong deserves a crack in the middle iyam.

Given

Xisco  Martins

Same as but hes never going to leave Butt,Duff,Taylor out.In fairness to Duff I was at the Irish game in croker and he was outstanding.After scoring against Everton as well he deserves his chance,although will he take it is another thing.

Given

Xisco  Martins

I'd probably agree with that, but Towelie's said nowt wrong there imo...

Given

Xisco  Martins

I know he does, but like I said, Enrique and N'Zogbia haven't clicked, while Bassong and N'Zogbia certainly has. Could also play Cacapa in the middle with Colo if we really want to leave Taylor out.