England vs Kaz...Ka... Borat's Boys.

Neil

Sensationally flattering scoreline, and as has been mentioned, it was basically our inevitably superior fitness that gave us the gloss on the scoreline.

Otherwise, infuriatingly predictable.

And "wahh, don't boo Cole"? Bollocks - it was a pathetic mistake, one of complete arrogance. This has nothing to do with the fact I think hes a t*** of the highest order, though. Honest.

I thought the Cole booing was shocking. I'm not one of these who thinks giving stick to your own players is always a hanging offence (I could hardly think that when I give that prick Duff the dog's abuse) but how often does Ashley Cole (who is a cheating twat btw) have a bad game for England?

If you boo a player for one mistake, you'd have to be booing permanently. That, and the cheering of Beckham every time he got the ball made it obvious to me that the crowd was made up of people who don't typically attend football matches. A shame for the England team iyam, football has become so overpriced that the man on the street can just about to go to his club's games but there's no way he can afford to stretch that to games at Wembley on top. It was like a fucking pantomime crowd.

Lampard was what Lampard is.  Ineffective at this level, regardless of who we are playing.

All that got England through tonight's game was the extra fitness they possess.

I find the "at international level" argument absolutely ridiculous. Lampard is good enough to score 25 goals a season against the elite of the Premiership and Europe but not good enough against Kazakhstan because they are "internationals"? Lampard and Gerrard together don't work, we know that, but to say Lampard (or anyone) is not good enough "at international level" is just totally devoid of logic for me. Putting a national team's shirt on doesn't somehow make a player better.

Doesn't "do it" (ie perform)  at international level though does he?  How would you explain it?  Certainly doesn't warrant the guaranteed starting place he seems have.

Its similar to how John Barnes was.

He hasn't been great for England since 2006, but that goes for Rooney, Owen, J.Cole, Gerrard........

Take Gerrard out of the equation and Lampard for shine for England like he does for Chelsea

good point.

no wait its shit, cos lamps put us thru in 2006, owen scored 3 againt russ, rooney scored against croa, gerrard has ben absolte qual for 3 years nd j coe scored not too recently

If id to choose between Lampard and Gerrard in a team id take Gerrard any day tbh

I'd agree. Gerrard didn't have a good game yesterday, but he and Rooney are the first two players that I'd put on the team-sheet. Both are players that you feel can turn things round for you even if either they or the team are having a tough time. Lampard is a good player all right but you get that feeling that if the team is struggling, he struggles as well.

Sensationally flattering scoreline, and as has been mentioned, it was basically our inevitably superior fitness that gave us the gloss on the scoreline.

Otherwise, infuriatingly predictable.

And "wahh, don't boo Cole"? Bollocks - it was a pathetic mistake, one of complete arrogance. This has nothing to do with the fact I think hes a t*** of the highest order, though. Honest.

I thought the Cole booing was shocking. I'm not one of these who thinks giving stick to your own players is always a hanging offence (I could hardly think that when I give that prick Duff the dog's abuse) but how often does Ashley Cole (who is a cheating twat btw) have a bad game for England?

If you boo a player for one mistake, you'd have to be booing permanently. That, and the cheering of Beckham every time he got the ball made it obvious to me that the crowd was made up of people who don't typically attend football matches. A shame for the England team iyam, football has become so overpriced that the man on the street can just about to go to his club's games but there's no way he can afford to stretch that to games at Wembley on top. It was like a fucking pantomime crowd.

Around me the crowd was made up of exactly that type of person. My highlight was when the ignorant and loud bitch behind me left at 1-0.

What was the atmosphere like? Did it feel like there was 90,000 people there?

Nope. It was ok, few chants going round, but it all felt a little fake, as if it were a friendly. Everyone knew we were going to win, so no-one was nervous and it wasn't that exciting when we scored. Still a good day out mind, impressive stadium. There looked to be a hell of a lot of empty seats for a "sell out" as well.

Guest Washington_Mag

I'd boo him just because he is Ashley Cole. Couldn't care less what his performance on the pitch is like.

What's the point in that?

He hasn't been great for England since 2006, but that goes for Rooney, Owen, J.Cole, Gerrard........

Take Gerrard out of the equation and Lampard for shine for England like he does for Chelsea

good point.

no wait its s***, cos lamps put us thru in 2006, owen scored 3 againt russ, rooney scored against croa, gerrard has ben absolte qual for 3 years nd j coe scored not too recently

you're a very confused boy, note i said since 2006

Valten - please take that awful anim gif off your sig - makes me feel ill looking at it !

Yes, he was a moron to do something so stupid, but still (toe curling, man !)

Glad we won but that was boring, relied 4 goals from set pieces. Only got in behind them once, get fuckin Heskey, Walcott and Lampard out the team. In this system Lampard is f***ing crap as teams play men behind the ball and he simply isn't the right sort of player for give and go football required to get in behind s*** teams that play 10 behind the ball. Defoe is should play on Wednesday for me, not a kneejerk due to his goal but they will no doubt try to defend with 10 and he is the type who can recieve it into feet turn and crack a shot off quickly which is what is required.

Lampard and Heskey were the best players tonight to be fair

Serious? Thought they were shit, you need more from neat and tidy play from your number 9, Heskey is not a constant goal threat and is piss easy to mark. Lampard was average, not what's required when trying to break down a wall of players.

If you don't see anything that Heskey brings to the team then I'm not even going to bother trying to explain because you wouldn't understand.

I know what he supposedly brings. But to get the best out of it you need an intelligent striker next to him who'll feed off him - Owen. When playing with Rooney and Walcott up there they're more interested in dropping off looking for the ball rather than feeding off scraps, which is all Heskey creates. (apart from a ball for Defoe's goal tbf.) He's a waste of space without players in and around him, it's a complete contradiction playing him and Rooney up front, imo.

BTW, your sentence I quoted makes absolutely no sense, might want to think it through a bit more the next time you try to be patronizing. 

I left 5 mins before the end and missed the last two goals.

Lots of morons sat around me dragged the average IQ of the stadium down quite a bit.

No alchohol being served at the ground!!!! :angry:

Lacklustre performance but an inevitable result.

I think England are missing a "playmaker" in the middle, a give and go man with an eye for the intricate pass. What

Bobby Robson referred to as a "door opener".

Gerrard, Lampard etc are not "playmakers" in the classic sense. I would maybe put Joe Cole in the middle, or the tip of a diamond behind the front two

and let hims get on with it, he could pull the strings.

Glad we won but that was boring, relied 4 goals from set pieces. Only got in behind them once, get fuckin Heskey, Walcott and Lampard out the team. In this system Lampard is f***ing crap as teams play men behind the ball and he simply isn't the right sort of player for give and go football required to get in behind s*** teams that play 10 behind the ball. Defoe is should play on Wednesday for me, not a kneejerk due to his goal but they will no doubt try to defend with 10 and he is the type who can recieve it into feet turn and crack a shot off quickly which is what is required.

Serious? Thought they were shit, you need more from neat and tidy play from your number 9, Heskey is not a constant goal threat and is piss easy to mark. Lampard was average, not what's required when trying to break down a wall of players.

If you don't see anything that Heskey brings to the team then I'm not even going to bother trying to explain because you wouldn't understand.

I know what he supposedly brings. But to get the best out of it you need an intelligent striker next to him who'll feed off him - Owen. When playing with Rooney and Walcott up there they're more interested in dropping off looking for the ball rather than feeding off scraps, which is all Heskey creates. (apart from a ball for Defoe's goal tbf.) He's a waste of space without players in and around him, it's a complete contradiction playing him and Rooney up front, imo.

BTW, your sentence I quoted makes absolutely no sense, might want to think it through a bit more the next time you try to be patronizing. 

Spot on that man. It's mental how he brings Heskey back, but not with Owen.

Oh the irony ;)

Seriously though I kind of agree with your point about Heskey, but you could just as easily argue, as I would, that if anything that's more of a reason to call up Owen or play Defoe than to drop Heskey, and then give Rooney the free role that he really wants (and effectively plays anyway).

england has been much much better since since capello is in charge no doubt. it might be capello is the best england manager since long long time. capello choice of player seems show he's master of strategy. owen no doubt wouldn't fit in on his strategy. capello has been proved that he build england squad more as a team rather than media or fans wankfest.