Keegan to launch £9m unfair dismissal claim?

Dave

The lack of respect for Keegan is a disgrace.

Shameful.

Equally, however, holding him (or indeed anyone) in unquestioning awe and respect, is utterly moronic to the point of being brain-dead.

Sorry you're going to have to dumb that down a bit for me. As due to my maximum brain capacity not being very big I can't quite comprehend the meaning of that statement.

I presume you two are still waiting to pass judgement on the whole Keegan affair then since no actual facts have been established?

I wish more had been level-headed like you two instead of jumping in feet first without the first clue of what the facts were from day 1 (sep 2nd). 

In the absence of hard evidence the best any of us can do is make our minds up based on any available facts, plus previous experience of the parties involved, and being human in nature, also clouded no doubt by personal prejudice.  Simple fact is I have previous experience of KK going back over 3 decades - I admire him and trust him. I have very little knowledge of Mike Ashley prior to his actions at NUFC, which largely haven't impressed me (partly due to recent events, but also due to less net transfer market spend in 3 windows than the mackems paid for a dodgy keeper)

I have knowledge of Dennis Wise going back over several years which leads me to strongly suspect he is a c*** - who's side do you think I'm likely to be sympathetic to?

No, actually, in the lack of hard evidence, the best any of us can do is keep some kind of open mind about how to aportion blame. Unfortunately this involves recognizing that Keegan may have acted in his own self-interest, perhaps to the detriment of the club.

True. He should have just suffered in silence and waited for Xisco to start scoring the goals to make up for the sale of Michael Owen in January. Saying nowt and maintaining the status quo as was would have been so much better for the club....

The lack of respect for Keegan is a disgrace.

Shameful.

Equally, however, holding him (or indeed anyone) in unquestioning awe and respect, is utterly moronic to the point of being brain-dead.

Sorry you're going to have to dumb that down a bit for me. As due to my maximum brain capacity not being very big I can't quite comprehend the meaning of that statement.

In your language then:

People who don't love Keegan are cunts.

People who do love Keegan are idiots.

That better?

The longer Keegan stays silent the more the press (and public for that matter) will speculate. They'll look at the evidence available and draw their own conclusions. This has been going on since he walked out 6 weeks ago. A few on here (myself included) decided to take a step back and look at things objectively and there are several things that just don't add up about Keegan and his actions this summer.

If that makes me a cunt then so be it.

I seriously hope this isnt true.

He'll go down in my estimations if he is sueing.  :rolleyes:

It's obvious that he wouldnt be sueing Ashley and only sueing the club. As the article says by the time the compensation and court case does come through the new owners will be paying it, thats if we have any by that time.

If he's sueing he's not screwing ashley over, he's screwing the club and fans he apparently loves. 

The longer Keegan stays silent the more the press (and public for that matter) will speculate. They'll look at the evidence available and draw their own conclusions. This has been going on since he walked out 6 weeks ago. A few on here (myself included) decided to take a step back and look at things objectively and there are several things that just don't add up about Keegan and his actions this summer.

If that makes me a c*** then so be it.

Many would say that makes you an independent thinker who can rise above sentimental tosh. Not a c*** at all.

Guest Stephen927

All summer, articles linking us to players with no concrete evidence were dismissed at the drop of a hat.

Now an article comes out about Keegan suing the club with no concrete evidence, and it's taken as gospel.

He loves the club?

Yeah, right.

Not as much as he would love to keep his Soccer Centre creditors happy is my guess.  Shame.

Nail on head.

Makes you wonder why he came back in the first place and got out so quickly once an "opportunity" arose.

Choosing to believe the press now are we.

I don't read the press - what are they saying like ?

I can see why you missed it then, but apparently the London Evening Standard newspaper - which obviously has it's finger on the pulse of the goings on at Newcastle United - is claiming that Keegan is suing the club for £9m. The really funny thing is though that some people are choosing to believe it without any quotes or evidence whatsoever, purely based on what "Standard Sport understands"!

BTW for someone who doesn't read the press you sure have a lot of posts in the "The Media : 'We hate Newcastle United'" thread. Just posting your opinion on something you know absolutely nothing about as usual I guess.

its almost hilarious - if it wasn't so much of a pisser sometimes - the amount of people who believe the press one day, then condemn it for being complete bollocks the next day.

All depends on your "opinion"I suppose. A few months ago - or almost entirely through Keegans time as manager never mind Allardyces - there was always a constant stream of people saying how much crap the press talked, when they were in favour of Mike. Now they have a different tack .........

We won't even go into the fact that anything the old board said or did that slightly hurt the delicate feelings of many poor dears was blown out of all proportion by the press.....it was pounced on by a pack of hyenas, because they wanted any stick they wanted to believe in.

Just like when Keegan was undoubtedly summoned to have his knuckles rapped after the Chelsea, as obvious as night becomes day, which was condemned by the Ashley love-in, there will be some sort of truth in this new development. Keegan will be trying to make a legal case of it alright, and why shouldn't he ?

If he can swipe a couple of million from Ashley instead of Ashley himself walking away with it, I know which of the two I'd rather see get it.

As for it being the fans money in the end, well yes, this is true. But thats football. People walk away from the game with money all the time. If you don't like it, stop buying tickets, merchandise and sky TV.

All summer, articles linking us to players with no concrete evidence were dismissed at the drop of a hat.

Now an article comes out about Keegan suing the club with no concrete evidence, and it's taken as gospel.

Perhaps you could post an example of someone "taking it as gospel".

Guest Stephen927

Do you really need me to point out an example?

Do you really need me to point out an example?

Yep, I'm challenging you to prove your point, which should be easy to do if it's true.