The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Jimmy Bullard, Warnock signed and Saviola on loan please.

Bullard would be a very good buy, cheap and also not on too many demanding wages.  He grafts, is able to take set peices and offers something that no member of our midfield does at the moment.

Warnock would offer good competition for Enrique and both players would have to up their game.

Saviola is currently warming a bench and is not getting a game.  With our attacking options currently limited and some injuries more than likely to be picked up, he would be a brilliant signing on loan for the rest of the season.

I'd constitute that as a good window.

Plenty of others on the hitlist, but they would be my 3.

Jimmy Bullard, Warnock signed and Saviola on loan please.

Bullard would be a very good buy, cheap and also not on too many demanding wages.  He grafts, is able to take set peices and offers something that no member of our midfield does at the moment.

Warnock would offer good competition for Enrique and both players would have to up their game.

Saviola is currently warming a bench and is not getting a game.  With our attacking options currently limited and some injuries more than likely to be picked up, he would be a brilliant signing on loan for the rest of the season.

I'd constitute that as a good window.

Plenty of others on the hitlist, but they would be my 3.

Thought he wanted 50k?

Good shouts though, all would seem fairly realistic as well.

West Ham and Newcastle are both admirers of the Spanish wide-man and hope they will get the nod.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1099170/Former-Liverpool-favourite-Garcia-make-Premier-League-return.html?ITO=1490

No thanks, he's gash.

Don't be daft, he's quality, could never understand Liverpool letting him go.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, on loan as well? Magic.

Never really rated him at Liverpool to be honest, he just didn't impress me. Not sure where he'd fit in either.

Guest Heneage

West Ham and Newcastle are both admirers of the Spanish wide-man and hope they will get the nod.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1099170/Former-Liverpool-favourite-Garcia-make-Premier-League-return.html?ITO=1490

No thanks, he's gash.

Don't be daft, he's quality, could never understand Liverpool letting him go.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, on loan as well? Magic.

Never really rated him at Liverpool to be honest, he just didn't impress me. Not sure where he'd fit in either.

What does it tell you that he can't get into their side stop getting rejects.

I know he is not the answer but Paul Stalteri has been dumped by Spurs, I would be tempted to see if would be willing to sign a short term deal as it would give us a bit of cover/competition at right back. I guess he will have longer term offers though.

Anyone who can translate these articles? Not seen much about him, but a friend of mine who watches alot more of the french league says he's a future star. And FM people also ;) "wonderkid"

Guest sicko2ndbest

If you google news for Mamadou Sakho there are actually 6-10 french sites reporting this. Could be a goer although midfield is a bigger priority.

Captained PSG at 18, cant be bad!

Anyone who can translate these articles? Not seen much about him, but a friend of mine who watches alot more of the french league says he's a future star. And FM people also ;) "wonderkid"

The top one says we went to watch him on Thursday in the Uefa cup and that we've already got Bassong in defence and hope to have the same success with Sakho, says we are willing to pay 8 million euros.

The second one says we've already passed on an initial oofer of 8 million euros to PSG.

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object3/1912/72/l45907345606_3336.jpg

he looks sensible eh?  can just imagine if dyer or someone posed like that with that haircut...i'd have led the angry mob trying to chase him out of the city

still, foreigners...looks mint, sign him up!

The top one says we went to watch him on Thursday in the Uefa cup and that we've already got Bassong in defence and hope to have the same success with Sakho, says we are willing to pay 8 million euros.

The second one says we've already passed on an initial oofer of 8 million euros to PSG.

Would be a terrific signing if we got him for that much. I believe he can play full back as well (left footed), but also centre back. He is strong, a bit of pace about him, obviously has leadership capabilities, powerful in the air and can attack from full back. Although, if this interest is coming out now I fear that a bigger club might come in for him as well.

Cheers. I hope that we go after young players. If we pick the right ones they will add quality for now and the future and could be a good investment. Instead of going for past it players like Luque who was on his way down men we splashed £10m on him and went for close to nothing (to name one of many bad signings for us)

Just read up on him and apparently he is pretty much adept at both the left back and centre back position.

Could definitely be a goer this one.

Could be the left back to keep Enrique on his toes.

Cheers. I hope that we go after young players. If we pick the right ones they will add quality for now and the future and could be a good investment. Instead of going for past it players like Luque who was on his way down men we splashed £10m on him and went for close to nothing (to name one of many bad signings for us)

Retrospect is a great thing isnt it?