The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Pompy and Bolton have offers turned down for Barton, guess who his agent is btw

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4769700,00.html

Newcastle are believed to be holding out for a sum in the region of £6.5million for Barton as they look to recoup most of the fee they paid for him in the summer of 2007.

The fee was only £5.8m, wasn't it??

If we are holding out for £6.5m, then that would be a profit.... and a bloody miracle!

probably lazy journajizm

Noone noticed the new link to Riise on .com?

Trying not to?

Link?

I have nowt against Riise coming in as he has experience fo the league - But it'll be a shame if him coming in means Enrique is moved on, rather than as competition.

I think .com have jumped the gun a bit saying Enrique will be 'moved on', I would be very disappointed if that happened.

Guest BooBoo

Riise's a bit iffy. He's not completely bereft of redeeming qualities as a player, but he's also precisely the kind of signing that fails miserably at this club.

He cant be that old but he still strikes me as a has been. Enrique definitely needs either back up though or replacing, as long as we can get someone of the required standard. Being able to pass a ball more than 5 yards would be a big improvement.

He has a cracking left foot on him, and is a very good LB, dropped off a bit at Liverpool but is in no way past it. Depends on how much he would cost though and of course the fact that I doubt he would even concider coming here.

Noone noticed the new link to Riise on .com?

Trying not to?

Link?

I have nowt against Riise coming in as he has experience fo the league - But it'll be a shame if him coming in means Enrique is moved on, rather than as competition.

I think .com have jumped the gun a bit saying Enrique will be 'moved on', I would be very disappointed if that happened.

Despite the fact that Joe Kinnear has actually said that he will let Enrique go.

Fair point, I'm just hoping that either Enrique has done enough recently to convince him, or he will be stopped by someone above him from actually selling such a potentially good player.

Wouldnt we be his 3rd club in a year meaning not allowed to sign him?

Similar position to us and Xisco

Somehow all that went out of the window for the Boumsong deal to us.

Dodgy fukers.

Wouldnt we be his 3rd club in a year meaning not allowed to sign him?

Similar position to us and Xisco

Never played for Liverpool this year so it's fine.

Oh well.

No but he has played 12 times for Roma.. So ay least he is fit :lol:

the rule is shite anyway, Defoe got away with it.

He had a terrible start for Roma, but he's doing ok now.. still 35 year old Max Tonetto (Italian Stevie Carr) keeps him out of the starting 11 for most games, which says a lot about Riise's defensive qualities.,

A loan wouldn't be bad, as we'd be better off with Riise as back up, than without a back up at all, but a permanent transfer would be madness.

Guest rosstoon

Nufc have contact inside the club and do not normally report anything without it being pretty good. Well thats my thoughts anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

Riise is fucking shit. He's of the same ilk as all of the other has beens that weve bought on reputation over the last few years. Enrique isn't perfect by a long stretch, but defensively at the very least he pisses all over Riise.

Guest BooBoo

Nufc have contact inside the club and do not normally report anything without it being pretty good. Well thats my thoughts anyway.

Highly dubious. They once reported that Deco was definitely coming before posting a sheepish update saying that the day he was supposed to be in Newcastle to sign, he was in fact training with Barcelona.

I dont think they know anymore than someone like Lee Ryder.