The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest johnson293

I wouldn't mind a punt on Bent right now, I know Spurs fans think he can't form a partnership with anybody but surely if anyone can turn that around it's Andy Carroll!

£12m's a bit steep , it comes down to about £8m we are talking.

Agreed.

Cash (£4m - 5m) + a huffy French tart?

I wouldn't mind a punt on Bent right now, I know Spurs fans think he can't form a partnership with anybody but surely if anyone can turn that around it's Andy Carroll!

£12m's a bit steep , it comes down to about £8m we are talking.

Agreed.

Cash (£4m - 5m) + a huffy French tart?

:lol:

get it done

Have we been linked with a single left back? Genuinely confused as to why, after all the huff and puff about this position that nothing, that nothing seems to be happening?

We have been linked on a few sites with Daniel Fox from Coventry who is a Left Back, could see this one happening as Richard Money used to manage him and Wise tried to sign him for Leeds.

Have we been linked with a single left back? Genuinely confused as to why, after all the huff and puff about this position that nothing, that nothing seems to be happening?

We have been linked on a few sites with Daniel Fox from Coventry who is a Left Back, could see this one happening as Richard Money used to manage him and Wise tried to sign him for Leeds.

i know a lad from coventry (but a man utd fan would you believe) who said a while back he was a very good player and one to keep an eye on.

(mind you he also said micheal mifsud would be in the prem by now)

any news on veloso?

Yes, his agent told him of our interest at which point he broke out in uncontrollable laughter. After wiping the tears from his eyes he was patched through to the offices at St. James' Park. The place suddenly came to life Kinnear woke up from his afternoon nap, Wise put the power ball away and Llambias emerged from his "learning to communicate with others" course.

However after ten minutes of intense negotiation Veloso claimed to be "approaching a tunnel" after being called "Barlodo" on more than one occasion. They haven't heard from him since.

Guest neesy111

Can much happen over the weekend then, or will everything kick off on Monday now?

i can see there being load's of last minute deal's being done

Can much happen over the weekend then, or will everything kick off on Monday now?

It's all up to whether the staff'll work weekends.

There's nothing realistically stopping us signing players on Saturday or Sunday.

Just to let you know the chat up here north of the border is that Rangers are talking to Newcastle United about offloading Allan McGregor (GK) on us. And that Kris Boyd rumour's still totally dead either from what I gathered. Any other Scottish Mags around who saw this evening's Reporting Scotland? ???