The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest pont-toon

looks like Ryan Taylor at 2mins past 5 and nowt else

one of these days deadline day will be good to us - doesnt look like today  :dave:

Guest johnson293

Is this guy for real on SSN reckoning players are texting him? What a w*****. :lol:

Was it him who was texted by Joey Barton in the summer (saying he was staying to pay back fans, etc), or was that Jim White?

dcmk

He didn't play zog because we were a better team without him.  Obviously not because of lack of ability, but because the lads not right in the head.  I just don't see how we're going to miss a player who was last good in 2007.

I have seen alot of Nolan, and can tell you he's is going to disappoint he can't pass, has zero creativity, no legs but manages to make his way into the box.  Wigan fans don't rate Taylor that is what I am basing my opinion on him on, they have seen enough of him, more than 2 games.

I haven't seen a lot of Nolan, but I thought he had a good debut in a very difficult game yesterday and seriously doubt he's not better then Butt or Geremi so for £4 million he's improved us.

I haven't read any Wigan forums, I won't judge him on that, I'll judge him when he plays for us.  I'm expecting a average player with a decent free kick who can do a solid job at right back or right side of midfield, we've paid very little for him afterall.

Darren Bent to Sunderland???

With Cisse and Jones there already?

Don't understand that.

Still optimistic Kaka?  :lol:

Always!

Until it is all done and dusted I don't see why I shouldn't be.

:snod:

Guest toonlass

Despite my pessimism I really didnt think today would be THIS SHIT. :(

I just wonder why we think that we are going to make a massive signing on the transfer window day, every time. And yet every time nothing comes off. And yet everytime we expect something to happen. Arrghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frantic:

I've never understood why, when the window is a month long, all the business is done in the last 2 hours.

Longer you make clubs wait the more you can control the fee paid, simple as that its all about the money.

I've never understood why, when the window is a month long, all the business is done in the last 2 hours.

Me neither. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Clubs want to keep hold of people for as long as possible, for the best deal and the least impact on the clubs matches..

4 secs too late!  :angry:

I suppose a lot of transfers are like a game of chicken and deadline day is like the last second you have to steer away before impact.