The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Could have been worse, could have been better.

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

Yep should have signed Lampard and Ronaldo.

No one's asked for massive signings FFS

Just an improvement on our squad

I think we have done that.

we have. but most people made their minds up months ago that we havent.

In what way do you feel we've improved the squad?

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

overall, improvement. not a huge one but an improvement.

Every striker we have is carrying some kind of injury..

We only have two fit fullbacks ..... (I include Taylor in that)

We have very little creativity from the middle of the park.

There is no real pace in the team apart from Oba.

Too many injured players, 17 year old untried kids on the bench.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

Guest Stephen927

3 players in is better than I would have hoped for.

It's not ideal but January is always a right pain in the arse for getting deals done.

No doubt if Ashley had sanctioned a huge bid for Johnson and got him, he'd have been criticised for 'panic-buying' and throwing away the cash recklessly.  :lol:

I highly doubt that.

From some people. ;)

Guest thommo78

Lovenkrands is useless, Nolan is s*** and Taylor is on Edgar's level.. what we managed is add three more below-par players to the squad, like we didn't have any before..

f*** all

Agreed..maybe not below par but average at best...we are building nothing more than a low to mid team..

Lovenkrands is useless, Nolan is s*** and Taylor is on Edgar's level.. what we managed is add three more below-par players to the squad, like we didn't have any before..

f*** all

Agreed..maybe not below par but average at best...we are building nothing more than a low to mid team..

If a low to mid table team keeps us up this season, I'll take it for now. It's not like we've overspent and gambled this window.

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

is Taylor better than Duff on the wing? he certainly isn't better than N'zogbia. Horrible window yet again

Really..a player from Bolton and one from wigan?? Shows how low our expectations are..buying off clubs around us..

given wanted out and handed in a transfer request. little we can do about that. harper is a more than adequate replacement and is free. £6 million up + big wages gone. just a loss/a draw at best.

n'zogbia WAS NEVER GOING TO PLAY FOR US AGAIN. lovenkrands WILL PLAY FOR US. £6 million up. win by default.

nolan is better than butt, smith, geremi and is far more reliable than barton. win.

taylor plays in many positions and is a decent squad player (squad depth innit). win.

Fine, but are you asking why the bit in bold came to be?

he said he was happy and wanted to stay a few days before his solicitor started pimping him around to richer clubs in that statement. weird, eh?

3 players in is better than I would have hoped for.

It's not ideal but January is always a right pain in the arse for getting deals done.

Is that also true for the summer as well?  We panic brought right at the final hour.

Lol do people think the managers meet up with large briefcases of cash ? The fees are in installments over a long period with all sorts of add ons and stuff. The figures guessed in the press what we recieve isn`t in one lump, also as it comes in it might help with the monthly loss we make every month.  Its funny how some people think Ashley is making an earner here.

So 2 players who didn't want to be here have been sold.

Nolan, Taylor and Lovenkrands have been brought in. We also had a big bid in for Johnson but City rejected it. We sniffed around Veloso but didn't actually make a bid. Is that about the gist of our dealings?  ???

Where did those two loan signings go??

Which ones were they again?  :lol:

Not been in long from work and I'm just trying to work out what has and hasn't happened.  ??? I'll be fucked if I'm wading through the last 54 pages.

Wasn't it last week when Kinnear said two loan signings were practically done and dusted? :lol:

I lose track of the bullshit during the transfer window there's that much of it. Gladly have managed to resist the urge to tune into SSN today as well, as I fully expected things to turn out as they have done. Been great fun on here though!

This place is going to be mental tonight.  :cheesy:

Not a great window by any stretch but we've lost 2 players who had no intention of playing for us again and brought 3 players in who do want to be here.

No doubt if Ashley had sanctioned a huge bid for Johnson and got him, he'd have been criticised for 'panic-buying' and throwing away the cash recklessly.  :lol:

Not bad but not great. I'd have liked a very good CM with the £8m spare but there you go. The problem with buying lots of players when there's an injury crisis is that you're left with them when everyone's fit.

Is Johnson going to be this window's Shweinsteiger?

"Oooh we nearly had him but..."

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Every striker we have is carrying some kind of injury..

We only have two fit fullbacks ..... (I include Taylor in that)

We have very little creativity from the middle of the park.

There is no real pace in the team apart from Oba.

Too many injured players, 17 year old untried kids on the bench.

FFS man!

we arent man city. we have essentially zero money so we weren't going to hugely improve the way most expected/demanded.

We are also not Darlington, our owner has got a few bob and I know he has put a lot of money into the club already, however when we go down........... he'll be wishing he'd spent in January.

Guest The Libertine

Taylor > Duff

Nolan > Geremi

Injured during the window Barton, Owen Carroll.

Cover ...nil =loss

nolan? lovenkrands? like i say, not a huge improvement, but an improvement.

Lovenkrands is useless, Nolan is shit and Taylor is on Edgar's level.. what we managed is add three more below-par players to the squad, like we didn't have any before..

fuck all

kneejerk. come back tomorrow.

Guest sicko2ndbest

JK - We had the boy Stephanie MiB...MABA...the black guy who plays for Rennes, but during his medical we found a third leg.