The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=140948

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has released an amount in excess of £10 million to Kinnear for transfers, and it is widely known that Shay Given's proposed move to Manchester City will earn the Tyneside club something in the region of £10 million. Together that makes a reasonable war-chest of £20 million, with another £6 million expected to arrive from the sale of Charles 'Le Sulk' N'Zogbia to Aston Villa.

So, far, the Magpies have only signed Danish International Peter Løvenkrands on a free-transfer, and Frenchman Albin Ebondo on loan from Toulouse.

With less than a week remaining in the January transfer window, and with money to spend, Joe Kinnear is likely to go back to French outfit Rennes and make an improved offer of £8 million for Cameroon midfielder Stephane M'Bia.

It has also emerged that the Toon put in a serious bid of £4 million last night for 25-year-old midfield ace Marco Donadel from Serie A side Fiorentina.

Jose Enrique is also set to be sacrificed to make way for Celtic captain Stephen McManus, who is expected to join the Magpies next week in a swap deal. Celtic want an extra £4 million from Newcastle, but the cash-plus-player offer could be reduced to Enrique and £2 million.

That makes £14 million, with the Magpies still chasing Norwegian left-back John-Arne Riise from Catalan side Roma. That deal could also be a short-term loan.

Therefore, it remains to be seen what Kinnear does in fact, with that extra £12 million, and even if N'Zogbia's coveted transfer to Aston Villa does not materialise, that still leaves Kinnear with £6 million.

A hectic week awaits the Magpies it appears.

So we are willing to sell the two of the three players that can play left back at our club uve got to be kidding..... great journalisim

that's the bit you picked out as great journalism is it?  :lol:

Touche, if this was printed where i came from. There would be defamation written all over it.

Guest firetotheworks

Ebondo tells us to do one!

Source?

It's in the Journal. Nothing definite either way yet but seems Ebondo is concerned that when Beye is fit, he'll be relegated to the bench. Obviously been talking to N'Zogbia while he's been here.

Shit attitude if thats true. He should have confidence in his ability and want to show that he can be as good, if not better than Beye.

Ebondo tells us to do one!

Source?

It's in the Journal. Nothing definite either way yet but seems Ebondo is concerned that when Beye is fit, he'll be relegated to the bench. Obviously been talking to N'Zogbia while he's been here.

Shit attitude if thats true. He should have confidence in his ability and want to show that he can be as good, if not better than Beye.

And recognise that if he does well, he'll be the natural successor to Beye soon enough anyway. Beye is 32 this year and took a while to get back up to speed this season even before his very serious injury.

Beye is crucial to our defence, he's not only a good right back but he's great at shoring up the centre backs as well. If Ebondo comes in and does well though he would keep his shirt I'd have thought.

Guest NiinaSLO

hello everyone :p

I'm Nina and I'm from Domžale, Slovenia

Newcastle just signed one of our players hehe he's name is Haris Vučkić. Hope he'll do well there :)

Yeah lets hope so. :thup: One for the future, still only 16 isn't he?

haha yer :) nd i saw him many times :)

Guest NiinaSLO

hello everyone :p

I'm Nina and I'm from Domžale, Slovenia

Newcastle just signed one of our players hehe he's name is Haris Vučkić. Hope he'll do well there :)

Some photos Nina?

haha yer i have sum pictures hehe.. xD

u can add me on msn btw : [email protected]        -- Torres coz i have sum friend in Spain whos second name is Torres

not quite sure if this belongs here or the "other clubs transfers" thread.........but an unnamed english club are set to sign sunny on loan from valencia. they suggest it might be pompey, but how would people feel if it was us?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4859635,00.html

EDIT: SS have another story on it, looks like it is pompey :no: :no: :no:

EDIT 2: its already on the other thread!! ignore me.

EDIT 3: Ok, we will.

not quite sure if this belongs here or the "other clubs transfers" thread.........but an unnamed english club are set to sign sunny on loan from valencia. they suggest it might be pompey, but how would people feel if it was us?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_4859635,00.html

EDIT: SS have another story on it, looks like it is pompey  :no: :no: :no:

I don't rate him much at the moment, apparently not done too well at Osasuna.

Agent: Newcastle have made bid for Veloso

Sport.co.uk can exclusively reveal that Newcastle United have entered the race to sign Miguel Veloso, according to the player’s agent.

Speaking exclusively to sport.co.uk, Paolo Barbosa revealed that there would be more news on the situation regarding talks between Bolton and Sporting tomorrow morning, but when asked if any other European sides had shown interest he confirmed:

“Yes, Newcastle have also made an enquiry.”

Barbosa also told sport.co.uk yesterday that Manchester City had made tentative enquiries as to the player's availability but that their interest had died since the recruitment of Nigel de Jong.

Veloso has been touted as one of the hottest properties in European football with several clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal and Fiorentina all thought to be interested. The 22-year-old is known for his combative qualities in the heart of midfield and is thought to be available for a fee in the region of £12m.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/13396/Agent_Newcastle_have_made_bid_for_Veloso.aspx