The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Wouldn't be a 'budget signing' at all. It'd cost £2M at least and for that you'd get a midfielder who offers nothing to general play, runs like a chicken, looks like a pikey yet somehow manages to score a lot. He can barely hold down a starting place for us, so rumours of a move away are quite funny tbh.

Wouldn't be a 'budget signing' at all. It'd cost £2M at least and for that you'd get a midfielder who offers nothing to general play, runs like a chicken, looks like a pikey yet somehow manages to score a lot. He can barely hold down a starting place for us, so rumours of a move away are quite funny tbh.

If he's that bad how come he'll cost at least £2m? I'd pay you that much to keep him tbh.

Guest Heneage

Afellay is just the dutch Guthrie.

I wish Guthrie was that good.

I think Afellay is slightly over-rated good player but not top four quality.

Afellay is just the dutch Guthrie.

I wish Guthrie was that good.

I think Afellay is slightly over-rated good player but not top four quality.

Not at the moment, from what I've seen of him he'd be suited to Arsenal. Young lightweight midfielder with no real position - Arsene's favourite

Why would we be looking for "ones for the future" if Ashley has all these intentions to sell?

Because as long as he's here his "system" still functions, until a new owner sets up a new set-up for how to run things. He'll just not fund transfers with his own money.

Why would we be looking for "ones for the future" if Ashley has all these intentions to sell?

Because as long as he's here his "system" still functions, until a new owner sets up a new set-up for how to run things. He'll just not fund transfers with his own money.

He wasn't funding transfers with the club's money, never mind his own.

So where did the £9 million net that Allardyce claimed we spent come from then? ???

So where did the £9 million net that Allardyce claimed we spent come from then? ???

Got most of it back on Luque I believe and even if we didn't... £9m. Watch out City. :lol:

That's the article where Allardyce said Ashley was only in it for the money and wasn't interested in giving funds to the manager?

Got most of it back on Luque I believe and even if we didn't... £9m. Watch out City. :lol:

That's the article where Allardyce said Ashley was only in it for the money and wasn't interested in giving funds to the manager?

We sold Luque when Allardyce was here tbh so I don't see why any fee for him would not be apart of the £9 million net.

Still a pretty big jump from nothing to £9 million, lets hope whoever comes in next spends the same as City have been doing though.

We sold Luque when Allardyce was here tbh so I don't see why any fee for him would not be apart of the £9 million net.

Still a pretty big jump from nothing to £9 million, lets hope whoever comes in next spends the same as City have been doing though.

Nah, just enough to not get relegated will do me at the moment. I know you're confident that we're good enough to finish top 10 though so it stands to reason that you think he's spending enough.

Nah, just enough to not get relegated will do me at the moment. I know you're confident that we're good enough to finish top 10 though so it stands to reason that you think he's spending enough.

Where did I say I think he's spending enough?

I think it's clear that we needed a few more bodies in than we got, but since our squad has been shit for years I'm used to being in a position where we never fill every position that's needed in one window, I hope you follow this same way of thinking when new people take over that if we don't fill every single position we're short in then all of the toys come out of the pram.

As for finishing top 10, if we had got a decent manager in when Keegan stormed off in a huff then I'd have been confident that a top 10 finish was possible, but with all of the fans kicking off and Ashley agreeing to sell the club then it's not been possible.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/31/jonas-gutierrez-will-be-toon-star-of-the-season-72703-22156698/

"Meanwhile, reports in Norway suggest that teenage Jacob Falch Meidell has been invited for a trial at Newcastle at some stage during the winter.

The defender or midfielder is captain for the Northern Norwegian side, Mo IL and the 18-year-old was appointed skipper last term.

United are also believed to be keeping tabs on Rosenborg star Per Ciljan Skjelbred."

Meidell himself has told Norwegian media that he hasn't heard anything about this...

I never cease to be amazed how the Chronicle manages to pull up such random names as a player from the third tier in the Norwegian league system out of the hat to link with us. Purely based on not understanding how the fuck they do it, almost makes me believe there's actually something in it regardless of the player refusing it himself  :frantic:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geordienorway

NUFC trail German striker Ashkan Dejagha

NEWCASTLE United are hot on the trail of Wolfsburgs Germany under-21 international striker Ashkan Dejagah just in case they lose Michael Owen at the end of the season

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/11/05/nufc-trail-german-striker-ashkan-dejagha-72703-22188092/

If the scouts are watching Wolfsburg, I hope they will put in a bid for Grafite.

Apparently Vetere was at the Blackburn game on Saturday.

I hope he was looking at Samba.

The Chron thinks Warnock (which I am sure someone may have posted elsewhere). He seems to have been playing CM the few times I have seen Blackburn.