The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

4 hrs to go and doesnt seems like anything is close apart from taylor

not looking good

Come one mate, there is so much going on at the moment, not every transfer will have been picked up on. There is still plenty more to happen IMO.

"Craigy" said that we were working on "lots of targets", so i'd still expect something extra to happen.

I'm not going to argue this anymore, I think you have an agenda because he's left and you have the hump with him.  He has been threatening when played in his natural positions more games then not, which is an achievement considering just how shit we are.

You think that based on what?  Check my past posts, he's worth playing ahead of Duff but other then that I don't rate him very highly, haven't for a while.

First half of last season he was our best player behind Martins upto December, also the part of that season when KK started to win games he was very good too, so don't understand the 'fuck all' comment there.

You didn't really defend what I said about the signing brought in mind?  You agree with me on that?

He didn't even play in those games!  :doh:  He made a few sub apearances and wasn't even on the bench for the rest of them.

Oh and yes I mentioned the players brought in, re-read my last couple of posts.

we have always tried to keep our deals quiet. something Ashley hinted at in his email. why should today be any different. We prob wont hear anything till a deal is just about done

Remember the Beye and Faye signings? Nobody knew that they had been done until the early hours (after the window). However, admittedly the media had picked up on them.

Guest johnson293

4 hrs to go and doesnt seems like anything is close apart from taylor

not looking good

Or they've finally decided to bound and gag Kinnear until after 5pm so he doesn't say/leak anything to the media!!

we have always tried to keep our deals quiet. something Ashley hinted at in his email. why should today be any different. We prob wont hear anything till a deal is just about done

Good point plenty of our signings have come out of nowhere since Ashley took over and I'm pleased to say most of them have been a pleasant surprise - Jonas, Bassong.....Noaln? we shall see.

Two clubs in from Dos Santos apparently.

Would be a good buy, swap for Duff?

would be a hell of a buy, have wanted us to sign him for over a year

But some people here were saying he was a hell of a buy for the Spuds.  Back then I questioned why he was being sold if he was so good with so much potential.  Same question now, why is he being sold off again less then a season later if he's such a great buy?

I'm not going to argue this anymore, I think you have an agenda because he's left and you have the hump with him.  He has been threatening when played in his natural positions more games then not, which is an achievement considering just how s*** we are.

You think that based on what?  Check my past posts, he's worth playing ahead of Duff but other then that I don't rate him, haven't for a while.

First half of last season he was our best player behind Martins upto December, also the part of that season when KK started to win games he was very good too, so don't understand the 'f*** all' comment there.

You didn't really defend what I said about the signing brought in mind?  You agree with me on that?

He didn't even play in those games!  :doh:  He made a few sub apearances and wasn't even on the bench for the rest of them.  You're talking total s***..

Oh and yes I mentioned the players brought in, re-read my last couple of posts.

Fair enough, i admitted to my mistake above both.  Still stand by the rest though, he was our best player with Martins under SA.  Keegan only didn't play him because he wanted to leave, as SA convinced him to sign the contract wasn't it?

I have seen alot of Nolan, and can tell you he's is going to disappoint he can't pass, has zero creativity, no legs but manages to make his way into the box.

Wigan fans don't rate Taylor that is what I am basing my opinion on him on, they have seen enough of him, more than 2 games.

But some people here were saying he was a hell of a buy for the Spuds.  Back then I questioned why he was being sold if he was so good with so much potential.  Same question now, why is he being sold off again less then a season later if he's such a great buy?

If FM says he's good he's good full stop.

Setanta reading out e-mails saying Luis Garcia to sign. Must have a special plane that is immune to the snow.

Private planes are still ok to land aren't they?

Private planes and planes from abroad still going, UK internal planes aren't.

Highly doubt that, private planes can do whatever the f*** they want

my mistake  :thup:

I must admit, my wording was s*** :lol:

A quick look on the Newcastle Airport site shows some internal flights are still operating

because different managers have different opinions of players and because clubs are at different levels and need different positions filled? :crazy2:

Anyone heard a rumour about Darren Bent being in his way to Newcastle for a medical?

Probably just a bit of shite but, I just been told by someone who wouldn't know, has no connections to the club and is definatley not in the know!!

Anyone heard a rumour about Darren Bent being in his way to Newcastle for a medical?

Probably just a bit of shite but, I just been told by someone who wouldn't know, has no connections to the club and is definatley not in the know!!

Mackems according to the other thread.

Probably just a bit of s**** but, I just been told by someone who wouldn't know, has no connections to the club and is definatley not in the know!!

that sounds like he might have just made it up