The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

Mendes would be a very clever move. Highly underated footballer.

I agree - i thought he looked very good both at Spurs and at Pompey. very underrated.

Definitely better than Butt. 

Who isn't?

I agree - i thought he looked very good both at Spurs and at Pompey. very underrated.

Definitely better than Butt.

The ability to find a team-mate with a pass further than a distance of 5 yards already awards Mendes this lofty accolade :thup:

I always thought that too, in fact I can remember questioning Martin Jol about him on these forums. Jol seemed stunned that anyone had even noticed him :lol:

In all serious Mendes has a wide range of passing, similar to Emre in his technique from what i have seen. Certainly not going to score us many goals from midfield but he will do alot of the same things Guthrie does i.e neat tidy football.

Guest Stephen927

Mendes would be a good signing, shame that the post above might scupper our chances somewhat. Good energy, decent passing range, can shoot from distance.

Rules mean nout, look at Defoe and his move back to Spurs. If I'm not mistaken Mascherano from West Ham to Liverpool shouldn't have been allowed as he would have played for 3 clubs and that was allowed. I wouldn't worry, basically.

Elano and Ben Haim up for grabs.  Ben Haim hasn't hit good form out at Chelsea or Man City, but at least could offer us cover against injuries/suspensions - guess it depends how cheap he is available.  Elano we could do with, we need someone who can score from outside the box and pick out a decent attacking pass.  Hopefully City wouldn't expect much money given that they don't need the money.

We need a left back, a right back, a centre midfielder and a striker in Jan.  We are in an interesting position this year, in that if we pick up a three wins on the spin the most we can get to is 7th and the worst we can be with three losses is bottom.  Given the potential of success or disaster having a small point margin, I hope Ashley will see that spending between £20m-£30m in Jan to bring in 5 players could avoid relegation (which would cost him far more) and may even get us much higher up the league if we get lucky and all signings are a success.  I very much doubt we will spend over £10m though (if we get anyone at all), and it seems we have a few players that either want out or who are not wanted which adds complexity to the window.  Our squad is too small and injury prone too, so I think we need to be up on squad numbers by end of January as our current squad isn't big enough to ever sustain a run of form.

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see N'Zogbia (£10m?) and Smith (any £ is good!) moved on and with these coming in...

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Think these players could offer us a lot and they are realistic targets.

Wishful thinking, but I'd like to see N'Zogbia (£10m?) and Smith (any £ is good!) moved on and with these coming in...

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Are we already in the championship?  ffs

Elano would be immense for this club. Would really make us a much beter team no doubt. We need a player of his caliber, and maybe go into the brailian league and argentinian league and get 2 players from there so we can have speed and flair in our team.

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Did everton say that when they signed Cahill? Did they fuckers.

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

lol, ok so name four players YOU think we should sign? - I sense it will be an amusing read.

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Yeah, exactly. This sort of shit, plus Arsenal rejects like Diarra, who the fuck needs that shit?

fair enough then we may aswell get rob earnshaw based on your logic

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

Or Jagielka? or Lescott?

lol

Elano would be immense for this club. Would really make us a much beter team no doubt. We need a player of his caliber, and maybe go into the brailian league and argentinian league and get 2 players from there so we can have speed and flair in our team.

He's a volatile player off the pitch though and has been out of form for a while. Also we're a club in freefall whilst Man City aren't. He could do better than us and he knows it.

Ebanks-Blake or Doyle

Kyle Naughton

Elano

Jimmy Bullard

lol, ok so name four players YOU think we should sign? - I sense it will be an amusing read.

Ruud van Nistelroy, Thierry Henry, Raul, David Villa, Dimitar Berbatov, Nicolas Anelka, Samuel Eto'o.

Because attack is the best defense and we're like, the biggest club in the world so we can get anything since we've never been unstable ownership and manager wise, plus we've never stopped paying lol wages, lolz.

:pow: