Who will hit the heights or flop under Kinnear?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

For me the following stand a good chance of shining under Kinnear:

Taylor

Barton

Shola

Guthrie

(to varying degrees)

I wouldn't like to say who may flop under him. I can't see Martins excelling like.

Barton could be the one as you imagine Kinnear will want him to boss that midfield and not necessarily in an attractive way but an ugly way which could suit him if he can curb his short fuse. Ameobi will get games it seems and while he won't score goals he could become an effective "tool" I think.

Taylor will be giving more responsibility to get goals from set pieces and could profit that way if not by putting in flawless defensive displays every week.

Guthrie may get to see more action too as I can see midfield under Kinnear being the centre of action.

Thoughts?

Taylor = yes

Shola = no, hes only started when we had the option between him and xisco (wich is like 50/50 when you are a new manager) contracts up at the summer, he wont be staying m8!

Barton = would profit from any manager as long as he plays, been out for a while now...

Guhrie = yep, but then again, same as barton... butts not going to stay in there forever (i think)

I don't know about flourishing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Kinnear try to use Shola in a similar role to that which Heskey has recently been deployed in for England.

Which would be funny as fuck watching Bambi actually trying to run for a change. :lol:

Cacapa = hopefully, like Allardyce JFK might be able to recognize that he's a better CB than Taylor. Let him be the leader in the defence

Shola = no fucking chance, he'll once again get his chance to show how shite he is and once again take it with both hands

Barton and Guthrie = hopefully, these two should in theory form a strong central midfield, Barton needs to be let of the leash

Cacapa = hopefully, like Allardyce JFK might be able to recognize that he's a better CB than Taylor. Let him be the leader in the defence

Barton and Guthrie = hopefully, these two should in theory form a strong central midfield, Barton needs to be let of the leash

Yep I agree with both, especially guth and joey, I'm actually really looking forward to them biting in midfield - hopefully not literally.

Barton was looking solid at the end of last season....we shall find out I guess....

Praying to God that Barton and Guthrie click. Anything to get that ginger abomination out of the team.

I acually reckon Shola might net one or two whilst Kinnear's here. 2 in 12 games or something, so not flourishing, but 'improving'. :rolleyes:

Yep I agree with both, especially guth and joey, I'm actually really looking forward to them biting in midfield - hopefully not literally.

Barton was looking solid at the end of last season....we shall find out I guess....

Cant agree with the first, like Butt and Viduka, Cacapa is a spent force IMO

Agree with the second though if only Barton can salvage his fitness and realise he is supposed to be an elite athlete to compete in the Premier league.

I've always maintained that i can only remember Caçapa having one really bad game (15 mins) for us. :undecided:  The Pompey one, obviously.

Suppose he had a bit of a mare up against Carew at Villa Park last season, i remember.

He did his best to carry the defense for a bit last season - at that time when Faye was at the ANC, and we were in that bad run when KK first came in. He got chucked when Faye returned and he's never been back in the team since, and that was criminal imo. When Faye returned in March-ish, Keegan had to decide between Tayls and Caçapa... bad decision in the long run as far as i'm concerned.

Good defender tbh. Never had a problem with Claudio, good tackler, quick, decent in the air, decent communicator, a bit lightweight admittedly - that being his major drawback. I can remember early on in the season when Allardyce said "Claudio has forgotten more about defending that Taylor knows"... that's not an exact quote but i'm positive he said something like that. He was fucking right n'all. (Should never have paired him with Rozehnal though :razz:)

Christ... seems like decades ago that. :lol:

I've always maintained that i can only remember Caçapa having one really bad game (15 mins) for us. :undecided:  The Pompey one, obviously.

Suppose he had a bit of a mare up against Carew at Villa Park last season, i remember.

He did his best to carry the defense for a bit last season - at that time when Faye was at the ANC, and we were in that bad run when KK first came in. He got chucked when Faye returned and he's never been back in the team since, and that was criminal imo. When Faye returned in March-ish, Keegan had to decide between Tayls and Caçapa... bad decision in the long run as far as i'm concerned.

Good defender tbh. Never had a problem with Claudio, good tackler, quick, decent in the air, decent communicator, a bit lightweight admittedly - that being his major drawback. I can remember early on in the season when Allardyce said "Claudio has forgotten more about defending that Taylor knows"... that's not an exact quote but i'm positive he said something like that. He was fucking right n'all. (Should never have paired him with Rozehnal though :razz:)

Sorry but i had to chuckle  :lol:

Sorry but i had to chuckle  :lol:

He is quick, you patronising little toe-rag. :razz:

It is amazing how many good defenders we have got, yet the goals keep flying on in. Beye, Colo, Cacapa & Jose and last season we had awesome Faye instead of Colo.

One word: continuity.

That is one word used to describe the goals flowing in.

It is amazing how many good defenders we have got, yet the goals keep flying on in. Beye, Colo, Cacapa & Jose and last season we had awesome Faye instead of Colo.

Basically, what i meant was, first Allardyce and then Keegan (when he first came back) tried just about every defensive permutation possible, and shipped girls like water. Keegan then picked four, stuck with it and we ended up getting five clean sheets in eight games, or something like that.

We haven't had a settled backline this season either, be it through injuries or whatever. Looking forward to getting Beye back, got to say.

Basically, what i meant was, first Allardyce and then Keegan (when he first came back) tried just about every defensive permutation possible, and shipped girls like water. Keegan then picked four, stuck with it and we ended up getting five clean sheets in eight games, or something like that.

We haven't had a settled backline this season either, be it through injuries or whatever. Looking forward to getting Beye back, got to say.

:kasper:

Joe Kinnear says he intends to get the best out of Shola Ameobi by showing him how to emulate John Fashanu, the former Wimbledon striker.

Fashanu terrorised top-flight defences while leading the line for Kinnear's "Crazy Gang", and the interim Newcastle United manager says he can see similarities with Ameobi.

:yikes:

The only similarity I can see is that both Shola and Fashanu move like a middle aged man that used to play football.  Of course Fashanu has the excuse of actually being a middle age man who used to play football.

:kasper:

Its the Lawro pronunciation