FA rescind Beye red card

Dave

Cant see it being rescinded even though it clearly should be, fair play to Kinnear though he didnt fly off the handle and blow any chance we have of getting it turned around.

Yep, and right the way down to Sunday League level.

Well how about a second ref, one to be ahead of the ball and one behind it wherever possible. Though I'm fairly sure sports that do already employ technology have not implemented it through all levels of the sport.

I can accept the pen being given. Things like that are always going to happen, from where the ref was it looked a nailed on pen.

What gets me is the idiotic automatic sending off for a last man foul rule. The reason for bringing in the rule was sound - ie to stop defenders cynically fouling the attacker outside the penalty area when the player was through on goal. If you stop a near certain goal by cynically bringing down the man but it only results in a free kick, it's not enough punishment for the fouling team and a red card is justified. However, when it's obviously a genuine attempt to win the ball, and it's inside the penalty area - so a pen is a fair punishment for the foul anyway - it's just a ludicrously overly harsh punishment even if a foul was committed.

Always agreed with that. :thup:

Outside the box then fine, but a penalty AND a red card is going too far.

Well how about a second ref, one to be ahead of the ball and one behind it wherever possible. Though I'm fairly sure sports that do already employ technology have not implemented it through all levels of the sport.

I know about other sports (cricket and tennis, for a start), but FIFA have repeatedly said they'll not implement any system that cannot be replicated throughout all levels of the game.

The second ref introduces doubt, and who decides if they disagree with one another, a third referee? :lol:

I can accept the pen being given. Things like that are always going to happen, from where the ref was it looked a nailed on pen.

What gets me is the idiotic automatic sending off for a last man foul rule. The reason for bringing in the rule was sound - ie to stop defenders cynically fouling the attacker outside the penalty area when the player was through on goal. If you stop a near certain goal by cynically bringing down the man but it only results in a free kick, it's not enough punishment for the fouling team and a red card is justified. However, when it's obviously a genuine attempt to win the ball, and it's inside the penalty area - so a pen is a fair punishment for the foul anyway - it's just a ludicrously overly harsh punishment even if a foul was committed.

Good stuff. The problem does always seem to be with interpretation of rules. It would be a strange day when someone dreamt up a new rule where they had actually successfully considered every possible scenario in play where the rule would stand as is. The rules should all have ifs and buts attached to them allowing for common sense and fairplay etc. etc.

For those saying it was a penalty because it was a tackle from behind, if the ref hadn't give the penalty would you have argfued the decision? I doubt it, because everyone would just have looked at the replay and said "what a bloody good tackle it was, great decision not to give a penalty".

And it was a fucking great tackle. Robinho was clear and Beye had to time it perfectly to reach out and get the ball without catching the player first. If it was Woodgate everyone would have been creaming themselves over the sheer class.

The second ref introduces doubt, and who decides if they disagree with one another, a third referee? :lol:

More doubt than two linesmen? Call him a third assistant then. You seem to be arguing that it is an impossible situation to resolve so we best not discuss it. And it wasn't FIFA that said it would never happen, it was that stellar intellect Blatter.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/blatter-vows-to-block-use-of-video-evidence-in-the-game-426120.html

I know about other sports (cricket and tennis, for a start), but FIFA have repeatedly said they'll not implement any system that cannot be replicated throughout all levels of the game.

paper scissors stone?

Easy, if one of them Rob Styles, go with the other's decision :nods:

Firstly, it WASN'T a tackle from behind. Beyes right leg made no contact with the player until they were already falling. If they'd been racehorses crossing the finish line there would have been a photo-call on that one, though granted the race would have been awarded to Robinho.

Secondly, as soon as Beye launched the tackle he was in trouble because Robinho just leaned into his leg guaranteeing he'd go down. Robinho has just shot up the ranks too second place behind Cronaldo for being a cheat in my mind.

Lastly, why is there so much resistance to technology being utilised in football. An ariel camera on a wire that could record the incident and be replayed to an official in the stand within 30 seconds, who promptly tells the ref on the pitch. Game was stopped for over a minute before the penalty was taken so it shouldn't make too much difference to the ebb and flow of a football game to allow tech-support for refs. Plus the bonuses of correct decisions where an error could literally cost a club millions of pounds...

because it would be used after every tackle and would take for ever. it would lead to 10 gree kicks every corner.

as you point out the game was held up for a minute before the pen. what happens when they've played on and play is brought back after a minute maybe 20 times a game.

the only way it could work is if ,as in tennis, they teams were allowed 3 "challanges" per game to have an incident reviewed.

Lastly, why is there so much resistance to technology being utilised in football. An ariel camera on a wire that could record the incident and be replayed to an official in the stand within 30 seconds, who promptly tells the ref on the pitch. Game was stopped for over a minute before the penalty was taken so it shouldn't make too much difference to the ebb and flow of a football game to allow tech-support for refs. Plus the bonuses of correct decisions where an error could literally cost a club millions of pounds...

because it would be used after every tackle and would take for ever. it would lead to 10 gree kicks every corner.

as you point out the game was held up for a minute before the pen. what happens when they've played on and play is brought back after a minute maybe 20 times a game.

the only way it could work is if ,as in tennis, they teams were allowed 3 "challanges" per game to have an incident reviewed.

It should/would only be called into use when the referee believes it is potentially a penalty or red card situation.

We have a second ref already. He stands fucking pointlessly on the side of the pitch, holding up a board every so often.

Has the cunt apologised yet?

Bastard wants sacking, prick.  :dave:

Fooking fuming about this, woke up at 5am this morning pissed off with this, guess i've got that feeling for the rest of the day then.  :crazy2:

Guest Stephen927

By all rights it should be. He should also apologise to Kinnear like he did to Ferguson, but maybe thats pushing it...

By all rights it should be. He should also apologise to Kinnear like he did to Ferguson, but maybe thats pushing it...

Maybe he could apologise to Fergie again instead? Refs seem to like grovelling publicly to Man U and Liverpool.

I reckon he will say Beye was the last man and the touch on the ball was not heavy enough to move it enough of a distance away from the player to have stopped him have a scoring chance. Therefore the contact taking the player down still denied a goal scoring oprtunity.

I reckon he will say Beye was the last man and the touch on the ball was not heavy enough to move it enough of a distance away from the player to have stopped him have a scoring chance. Therefore the contact taking the player down still denied a goal scoring oprtunity.

Alright Graham,  how's Mrs Poll?

Did anyone see the program after the match where the guy that used to do the italian football show was presenting? Basically Poll was made out to be a complete idiot by Burley, Aidey Boothroyd and some other guy. All said it was a great challenge. He even tried to defend himself by asking a room full of Man City supporters if it was a pen (most put their hand up). It was cringeworthy he even said Barton was playing!!!!

:lol:

what ? he will you can bet on it, its fkn stupid but its what he will say.

Was obvious it was red because he was the last man and not because it was a bad tackle, even though Robhinio rolled about like his ankle had been snapped.

One thing that may help is where Styles was when he gave it and the fact I am almost sure that the linesman who was inline did not flag for it.

Was obvious it was red because he was the last man and not because it was a bad tackle, even though Robhinio rolled about like his ankle had been snapped.

One thing that may help is where Styles was when he gave it and the fact I am almost sure that the linesman who was inline did not flag for it.

yeah I know.  I just thought it was funny you saying exactly what poll said.  He really riled me last night poll.  He was acting so smug I felt like driving down to setanta studio's and 'having a word'.

yeah I know.  I just thought it was funny you saying exactly what poll said.  He really riled me last night poll.  He was acting so smug I felt like driving down to setanta studio's and 'having a word'.

They never had that twat in the studio though? he has one of those fkn smarmy grins the kind you just wanna snack right off his mush.

Did anyone see the program after the match where the guy that used to do the italian football show was presenting? Basically Poll was made out to be a complete idiot by Burley, Aidey Boothroyd and some other guy. All said it was a great challenge. He even tried to defend himself by asking a room full of Man City supporters if it was a pen (most put their hand up). It was cringeworthy he even said Barton was playing!!!!

I laughed when they asked the studio audience if it was a penalty and quite a few hands went up to say it was. No mention that a lot of those hands belonged to people wearing Man City and Sunderland shirts!