mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Wow ... some really surprising over reactions on here.

Aye, it's almost as if some of us are from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

What a stupid f***ing thing to say.

What? Now that was a stupid thing to say.

Blaming the system, the owners, Kinnear etc is bloody stupid and pointless.

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

But hey let's play the blame game all over again! That's so much more fun!

I blame Owne for having muscle tissue made out of tissue paper!

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

I blame Keegan for being a stroppy little man!

yada, yada, yada, yada bollox.

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

Beye still isn't quite right either and Martins doesn't look very sharp.

How would we win it easily? When they'd both probably be bypassed anyway with the ball being aimed far beyond their reaches.

Did you watch the match?

Did you see what happened after they both came on?

You don't have the first clue what this means to people from this area so why bother offering comment?

:lol: f***s sake

What's your problem?

Kaka thinks I'm overreacting. I say that when he's actually seen the Tyne Bridge, he'll have the right to tell me I'm overreacting to a derby defeat. Until then, he should keep his f***ing nose out.

:lol:

Oh I'm so torn up inside because the local Geordies don't accept me as a Newcastle supporter! Whatever will I do with myself!

If you think that gets to me your dead wrong. I'll support who the hell I want and in whaatever manner I choose too.

One thing I know for sure is that I support the club a whole lot better than some of the lot that gaze at the Tyne bridge all day. Verty ignorant statement.

Anyway ... my point about over reacting was in relation too dragging up the whole Ashley vs the Geordies bollox because we lost a close derby game at a very improved Sunderland side.

That is an embarrassing over reaction. By all means vent your frustraton over the game, but for f*** sake the world vs Ashley nonsense has been done to death already. No need drudging it up after every loss. Pathetic.

first defeat on wearisde in 28 years or something. this is a big deal, if you don't think so then wullie's got a point. mebbe the non local fans don't see the derby as such a big match, fair enough as they arent from the area so might not understand the nature of the rivalry, but that doesnt mean they should come on here and tell the locals they are over-reacting and embarrasing. f***ing bullshit.

Can you read?

Yes it sucks that we lost and you can go mental if you need to. Throw yourself of the Tyne bridge if you like! Who cares?!

But the Ashley, Wise, Llambas, Keegans shit?! I think it is pretty much agreed we have had enough of this.

Very silly to start that nonsense of all over again.

maybe as it is such a big occasion people see it as a suitable juncture to bring up the issue. THAT is what you don't get.

but sorry my foreign overlord, ill try not to type anything untoward for fear of being labelled 'embarrasing' and 'pathetic'.

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

How would we win it easily? When they'd both probably be bypassed anyway with the ball being aimed far beyond their reaches.

Did you watch the match?

You don't have the first clue what this means to people from this area so why bother offering comment?

What's your problem?

Kaka thinks I'm overreacting. I say that when he's actually seen the Tyne Bridge, he'll have the right to tell me I'm overreacting to a derby defeat. Until then, he should keep his f***ing nose out.

you're telling him he shouldnt even bother having an opinion because he's not local?

classic.

He's not allowed to tell me I'm overreacting, no. Fairly f***ing obvious iyam.

mackems.gif

Look mate - do you think Keegn would of lost that game?

With players he bought? No.

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. Fucking disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

Squirm? Of course Keegan would have won this game, like he did last year at a canter.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

Oh I'm so torn up inside because the local Geordies don't accept me as a Newcastle supporter! Whatever will I do with myself!

If you think that gets to me your dead wrong. I'll support who the hell I want and in whaatever manner I choose too.

One thing I know for sure is that I support the club a whole lot better than some of the lot that gaze at the Tyne bridge all day. Verty ignorant statement.

Anyway ... my point about over reacting was in relation too dragging up the whole Ashley vs the Geordies bollox because we lost a close derby game at a very improved Sunderland side.

That is an embarrassing over reaction. By all means vent your frustraton over the game, but for f*** sake the world vs Ashley nonsense has been done to death already. No need drudging it up after every loss. Pathetic.

first defeat on wearisde in 28 years or something. this is a big deal, if you don't think so then wullie's got a point. mebbe the non local fans don't see the derby as such a big match, fair enough as they arent from the area so might not understand the nature of the rivalry, but that doesnt mean they should come on here and tell the locals they are over-reacting and embarrasing. f***ing bullshit.

Can you read?

Yes it sucks that we lost and you can go mental if you need to. Throw yourself of the Tyne bridge if you like! Who cares?!

But the Ashley, Wise, Llambas, Keegans s***?! I think it is pretty much agreed we have had enough of this.

Very silly to start that nonsense of all over again.

maybe as it is such a big occasion people see it as a suitable juncture to bring up the issue. THAT is what you don't get.

but sorry my foreign overlord, ill try not to type anything untoward for fear of being labelled 'embarrasing' and 'pathetic'.

Hey, type whatever you want just don't screw up the match thread for those who actually want to discuss what happened in the match. Simple as that.

Even some of the glorious and holy locals in all of their wondrous splendour have complained about this very same thing. It is bloody tedious.

Take it to one of the other millon stupid threads on the topic.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

you're telling him he shouldnt even bother having an opinion because he's not local?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. f***ing disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

I think JK is ok as an interim manager and have said that from the start. He got this one wrong, but I can remember people tearing their hair out over some of Keegan's selctions last season as well before he finally clicked by dropping Smith and Duff and bringing in Viduka and Martins.

Let's not knee jerk too quickly eh?

Ironic much?

I never said he was a shit manager blah blah blah, I'm not talking about his merits as manager of our club, all im saying is that in my eyes he was 90% responsible for that result, the team selection wasnt great, the subs werent great, the tactics were appaling in my opinion, he set that team out to be scared of the sunderland team, long ball etc etc.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. Fucking disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

Squirm? Of course Keegan would have won this game, like he did last year at a canter.

It was a draw last year and Allardyce was in charge. You knew that already though.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. f***ing disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

So your point about Wise and the quality of squad is fucking invalid if Keegan would of got a better result witht he exact same squad. Not rocket science like.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

So your point about Wise and the quality of squad is fucking invalid if Keegan would of got a better result witht he exact same squad. Not rocket science like.

Not really. The reason Ashley backed Wise instead of Keegan was because he thought the squad was so good that the manager didn't matter. Not rocket science like.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

I think JK is ok as an interim manager and have said that from the start. He got this one wrong, but I can remember people tearing their hair out over some of Keegan's selctions last season as well before he finally clicked by dropping Smith and Duff and bringing in Viduka and Martins.

Ironic much?

I never said he was a shit manager blah blah blah, I'm not talking about his merits as manager of our club, all im saying is that in my eyes he was 90% responsible for that result, the team selection wasnt great, the subs werent great, the tactics were appaling in my opinion, he set that team out to be scared of the sunderland team, long ball etc etc.

The team selection was fine going off what he'd seen previously. Geremi and Duff disappearing up their own arses is something those of us who have been watching a while have got used to, but JK obviously thought they would perform like in the last two games.

The subs weren't great, I'll agree on that. If the long ball was a ploy rather than just players losing their nerve and hoofing it then I'll agree on that as well.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

So your point about Wise and the quality of squad is f***ing invalid if Keegan would of got a better result witht he exact same squad. Not rocket science like.

Not really. The reason Ashley backed Wise instead of Keegan was because he thought the squad was so good that the manager didn't matter. Not rocket science like.

Is that a reason or a wild guess? And what exactly has that got to do with this match??  :lol:

If the squads the same yet you think you;d get 2 different results with different managers then the only variable here is the manager and therefore the manager is repsonsible for the loss. Rocket science is probably too much for you so how about we move it to "join the dots".

;)

Geremi crossed for the goal iirc. Duff played much as he did the other day, lots of effort but he offers no threat whatsoever, probably the opposite of n'zogbia who loses the ball and plays with his head down but can actually make things happen.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

So your point about Wise and the quality of squad is f***ing invalid if Keegan would of got a better result witht he exact same squad. Not rocket science like.

Is that a reason or a wild guess? And what exactly has that got to do with this match??  :lol:

If the squads the same yet you think you;d get 2 different results with different managers then the only variable here is the manager and therefore the manager is repsonsible for the loss. Rocket science is probably too much for you so how about we move it to "join the dots".;)

Are you dim or something?

Ashley is to blame for the squad situation, the manager situation and our first defeat off this lot for 8 years, first away for 28 years. Does that clear things up?

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Ironic much?

I never said he was a s*** manager blah blah blah, I'm not talking about his merits as manager of our club, all im saying is that in my eyes he was 90% responsible for that result, the team selection wasnt great, the subs werent great, the tactics were appaling in my opinion, he set that team out to be scared of the sunderland team, long ball etc etc.

The team selection was fine going off what he'd seen previously. Geremi and Duff disappearing up their own arses is something those of us who have been watching a while have got used to, but JK obviously thought they would perform like in the last two games.

The subs weren't great, I'll agree on that. If the long ball was a ploy rather than just players losing their nerve and hoofing it then I'll agree on that as well.

If its fair to say Joe is responsible for tactics then what are we arguing about?

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

Being from Hull and supporting Hull FC (the rugby league team), I know exactly what rivalry on this scale means due to having another professional team in the City, Hull KR.

I know how much today meant, I'm feeling it inside, it's fucking shit. The only other time I've felt like this is when Hull KR have beaten us. I maybe don't fully understand the level of bitterness between the two clubs but can imagine it, due to how bitter the Hull FC-Hull KR rivalry is.

The rivalries in my eyes are quite similar. Simple points like we play in black and white, they play in red and white. We have the superior fan base, superior stadium, etc. One thing that is certain, is that the level of rivalry/bitterness is extremely high and there isn't another one like it in the two respective sports in this country. There is no bigger rivalry in rugby league than Hull FC and Hull KR. There is no bigger rivalry in football than Newcastle and Sunderland.

Local Derbies mean more than any other game, I know this mainly from rugby. It's the first game you look for when the fixtures come out and the games you're most excited about. It's the best feeling when you win, but hurts like hell when you lose. Everybody reacts their own way, although when you lose a Derby game it is usually a worse reaction due to the nature of the game with so much at stake. Like I've said, it fucking hurts like hell inside. Maybe not on the same level as some of you guys, but it's certainly right up there.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Ironic much?

I never said he was a s*** manager blah blah blah, I'm not talking about his merits as manager of our club, all im saying is that in my eyes he was 90% responsible for that result, the team selection wasnt great, the subs werent great, the tactics were appaling in my opinion, he set that team out to be scared of the sunderland team, long ball etc etc.

If its fair to say Joe is responsible for tactics then what are we arguing about?

I'm not convinced it was tactics which lost the game, rather than players not showing up when the pressure was on. To play pass and move the players have to want the ball, not go into hiding.

Guest The Libertine

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

That is an embarrassing over reaction. By all means vent your frustraton over the game, but for fuck sake the world vs Ashley nonsense has been done to death already. No need drudging it up after every loss. Pathetic.

first defeat on wearisde in 28 years or something. this is a big deal, if you don't think so then wullie's got a point. mebbe the non local fans don't see the derby as such a big match, fair enough as they arent from the area so might not understand the nature of the rivalry, but that doesnt mean they should come on here and tell the locals they are over-reacting and embarrasing. fucking bullshit.

but the "locals" can tell the "outsiders" they cant have an opinion?

weird.

who says they can't have opinions? they can say what they like, but when they fail to understand the significance of the local derby and accuse locals of being embarrasing and over-reacting, they can fuck off. and tbf for 90% of outsiders they know what it means, there's just a few idiots who don't, and tbh i feel sorry that they'll never know.

"You don't have the first clue what this means to people from this area so why bother offering comment?"

disgusting attitude.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

Being from Hull and supporting Hull FC (the rugby league team), I know exactly what rivalry on this scale means due to having another professional team in the City, Hull KR.

I know how much today meant, I'm feeling it inside, it's fucking shit. The only other time I've felt like this is when Hull KR have beaten us. I maybe don't fully understand the level of bitterness between the two clubs but can imagine it, due to how bitter the Hull FC-Hull KR rivalry is.

The rivalries in my eyes are quite similar. Simple points like we play in black and white, they play in red and white. We have the superior fan base, superior stadium, etc. One thing that is certain, is that the level of rivalry/bitterness is extremely high and there isn't another one like it in the two respective sports in this country. There is no bigger rivalry in rugby league than Hull FC and Hull KR. There is no bigger rivalry in football than Newcastle and Sunderland.

Local Derbies mean more than any other game, I know this mainly from rugby. It's the first game you look for when the fixtures come out and the games you're most excited about. It's the best feeling when you win, but hurts like hell when you lose. Everybody reacts their own way, although when you lose a Derby game it is usually a worse reaction due to the nature of the game with so much at stake. Like I've said, it fucking hurts like hell inside. Maybe not on the same level as some of you guys, but it's certainly right up there.

as i said, i think most fans from outside the area will feel like shit too but there'll also be some who don't understand it. i don't object to that - if they arent from the area they may well have less knowledge about the rivalry.

but what i do object to is those people coming on and telling the local fans - or fans who are just as upset as a local would be - that they are over-reacting, embarrasing and pathetic. that's beyond the pale afaic. maybe The Libertine should stop and consider this point.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Is that a reason or a wild guess? And what exactly has that got to do with this match?? :lol:

If the squads the same yet you think you;d get 2 different results with different managers then the only variable here is the manager and therefore the manager is repsonsible for the loss. Rocket science is probably too much for you so how about we move it to "join the dots".;)

Ashley is to blame for the squad situation, the manager situation and our first defeat off this lot for 8 years, first away for 28 years. Does that clear things up?

mackems.gif

Oh my god. that is embarressing logic, so Ashley is responsible for every single result we have this season be it good or bad? Thats borderline idiotic i'm afraid.

You admit that another manager would of got a better result with the same squad but still go on to say the squad is the reason we're losing, scratch that, that is idiotic.

So, same car, different drivers different results yet the cars and the builders of the car are the reason for the loss.   :lol:

Credit to you for being this passionate though, feel free to let that get in the way of logic.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Ironic much?

I'm not convinced it was tactics which lost the game, rather than players not showing up when the pressure was on. To play pass and move the players have to want the ball, not go into hiding.

Isnt this where the skill of the manager comes into play? You know, to make sure the players do this. Surely he wouldnt of let them play like that for the whole 90 if it was never the plan.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

I know how much today meant, I'm feeling it inside, it's f***ing s***. The only other time I've felt like this is when Hull KR have beaten us. I maybe don't fully understand the level of bitterness between the two clubs but can imagine it, due to how bitter the Hull FC-Hull KR rivalry is.

Local Derbies mean more than any other game, I know this mainly from rugby. It's the first game you look for when the fixtures come out and the games you're most excited about. It's the best feeling when you win, but hurts like hell when you lose. Everybody reacts their own way, although when you lose a Derby game it is usually a worse reaction due to the nature of the game with so much at stake. Like I've said, it f***ing hurts like hell inside. Maybe not on the same level as some of you guys, but it's certainly right up there.

as i said, i think most fans from outside the area will feel like s*** too but there'll also be some who don't understand it. i don't object to that - if they arent from the area they may well have less knowledge about the rivalry.

but what i do object to is those people coming on and telling the local fans - or fans who are just as upset as a local would be - that they are over-reacting, embarrasing and pathetic. that's beyond the pale afaic. maybe The Libertine should stop and consider this point.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah now I understand!!!

In order for me to express how upset I am at the result I have to rant on about the board etc. yet again and ruin another freakin' thread yet again. That'll show the locals how much I care! Then they'll accept me once and for all and my life will be complete. Fuck that.

Bloody clueless.

We didn't get the job done today and we weren't good enough. We need to get our act together sharpish and get a result on Tuesday and I am very confident of this with Barton and Jonas back now. This is the reality of what is going on now.

You guys can keep crying about Ashley and the board till your eyes fall out.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Ironic much?

Isnt this where the skill of the manager comes into play? You know, to make sure the players do this. Surely he wouldnt of let them play like that for the whole 90 if it was never the plan.

Possibly. I can remember it used to happen even in SBR's time though, especially in his last year in charge. Players took the easy option and whacked it long to Shearer.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Is that a reason or a wild guess? And what exactly has that got to do with this match??  :lol:

mackems.gif

Oh my god. that is embarressing logic, so Ashley is responsible for every single result we have this season be it good or bad? Thats borderline idiotic i'm afraid.

You admit that another manager would of got a better result with the same squad but still go on to say the squad is the reason we're losing, scratch that, that is idiotic.

So, same car, different drivers different results yet the cars and the builders of the car are the reason for the loss.  :lol:

Credit to you for being this passionate though, feel free to let that get in the way of logic.

Honestly haven't got a clue what you're gibbering about now. The squad AND the manager both make a difference on the result of a football match.  This is not a difficult concept.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

I know how much today meant, I'm feeling it inside, it's f***ing s***. The only other time I've felt like this is when Hull KR have beaten us. I maybe don't fully understand the level of bitterness between the two clubs but can imagine it, due to how bitter the Hull FC-Hull KR rivalry is.

Local Derbies mean more than any other game, I know this mainly from rugby. It's the first game you look for when the fixtures come out and the games you're most excited about. It's the best feeling when you win, but hurts like hell when you lose. Everybody reacts their own way, although when you lose a Derby game it is usually a worse reaction due to the nature of the game with so much at stake. Like I've said, it f***ing hurts like hell inside. Maybe not on the same level as some of you guys, but it's certainly right up there.

as i said, i think most fans from outside the area will feel like s*** too but there'll also be some who don't understand it. i don't object to that - if they arent from the area they may well have less knowledge about the rivalry.

In order for me to express how upset I am at the result I have to rant on about the board etc. yet again and ruin another freakin' thread yet again. That'll show the locals how much I care! Then they'll accept me once and for all and my life will be complete. f*** that.

Bloody clueless.

We didn't get the job done today and we weren't good enough. We need to get our act together sharpish and get a result on Tuesday and I am very confident of this with Barton and Jonas back now. This is the reality of what is going on now.

I think your point has been missed, sadly.

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

classic.

mackems.gif

Not what i asked.

Is that a reason or a wild guess? And what exactly has that got to do with this match?? :lol:

mackems.gif

So, same car, different drivers different results yet the cars and the builders of the car are the reason for the loss. :lol:

Honestly haven't got a clue what you're gibbering about now. The squad AND the manager both make a difference on the result of a football match. This is not a difficult concept.

f*** me - this is impossible. do you even know how you started this debate, by blaming Wise and Asley for the quality of the squad and therefore this loss. Then you go on to say that Keegan would of got a result with the EXACT same squad. So how can you say the quality of the squad was the reason we lost this result.

I've even simplified it for you and you still dont get it.

Squad A + Keegan = Win (in your eyes)

Squad A + JK = Loss

The only variable here is the managers so that can be the only thing responsible for the differing results. That is scientific fact you bamp.

:lol: :lol:

Did you watch the match?

What's your problem?

In order for me to express how upset I am at the result I have to rant on about the board etc. yet again and ruin another freakin' thread yet again. That'll show the locals how much I care! Then they'll accept me once and for all and my life will be complete. f*** that.

Bloody clueless.

I think your point has been missed, sadly.

No biggie ... I think in general people just want to believe whatever they want to. It's a lot more convenient.

The same lot that rubbish any sort of support that isn't immediately local, long for a foreigner to come in and spend billions on their club, regardless of how much they actually care about football nevermind their actual football clubs.

It's all fascinating to me.