mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

If i was from Newcastle-upon-Tyne i reckon i'd feel different. That's not meant to sound patronising, i just can't muster the fury that true-blooded Geordies will be doing atm.

Never lived in Geordieland (yet), but I'm very much feeling that fury. Don't know whether to be happy or sad that I got them genes. Glad I won't have to go and work with a bunch of cocky inbred mackems on Monday though.

Wow ... some really surprising over reactions on here.

Aye, it's almost as if some of us are from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

What a stupid fucking thing to say.

Got to agree there. I am absolutely livid that we went down so meekly to a team as shit as Sunderland. We made them look world class in that second half. Fortunately they were so bad they kept missing chance after chance despite the fact we gave them so much of the ball.

The wind played a big part as our more technically gifted players were unable to let their superior quality tell......

Only joking!  mackems.gif

In all seriousness, Martins was a big let down today, he didnt support Shola, wasnt thinking at all just hoping that he might pull of a bit of magic if the ball happened to land at his feet. With all the long balls that were played up to Shola today, Martins just seemed to randomly run about in the vicinity. Duff went to sleep in the second half too.

Could have been worse but Barton nearly saved the day at the death, that would have been funny.

was the opposite if anything, played far too conservatively and never had a go himself, instead always opting for the safe pass or slowed down to keep possession. very disappointing in either case though. contrast with cisse who ran at people, stretched our defence, took risks and fired shots from long distance.

You're pulling me up on my supposition of what Martins was thinking? Ok, fair enough i'd agree with your assessment anyway. :lol:

Dont think he was close enough to Shola to support him when the ball was played long anyway. Cisse got the better of our defenders on a few occasions but our defence played ok in nightmare conditions for a defender. I was hoping Martins would have exploited the scrappy balls that were played up to Shola a bit more but he seemed switched off today.

Probably sick of chasing the scraps tbh, we all know what he can do when the ball is at his feet, but we just don't ever play it to his feet, we expect him to feed off scraps that are 20 or 30 yards from him, he's quick but not superman.

Again - no complaints here - best team won. Just disappointing that they clearly wanted it more. The uncertainty that surrounds this club at the moment, is doing no-one any good at all. The situation needs resolving and quickly.

Thought Shola did well today - held the ball up well and took his goal well. Everyone else - pretty disappointing, with Geremi and Duff both the worst by far.

What a stupid f***ing thing to say.

What? Now that was a stupid thing to say.

Blaming the system, the owners, Kinnear etc is bloody stupid and pointless.

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

But hey let's play the blame game all over again! That's so much more fun!

I blame Owne for having muscle tissue made out of tissue paper!

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

I blame Keegan for being a stroppy little man!

yada, yada, yada, yada bollox.

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

Then who the fuck do we blame? :lol:

Again - no complaints here - best team won. Just disappointing that they clearly wanted it more. The uncertainty that surrounds this club at the moment, is doing no-one any good at all. The situation needs resolving and quickly.

Thought Shola did well today - held the ball up well and took his goal well. Everyone else - pretty disappointing, with Geremi and Duff both the worst by far.

The bit in bold should never be acceptable in a Tyne/Wear derby. NEVER.

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Six months ago we rolled this lot over with ease.

Now little Dennis has strengthened the squad hugely and they're turning us over.

Something doesn't make sense.

Yeah, the squad is definitely the reason why we lost this game.

Would love to compare the squads. If we're full strength today we get at least a draw. At least.

I'd say atleast six of our starters today were better than the players in the opposite position, on paper.

Nowt wrong with our squad.

I went to West Ham in April with Rich, Dave and 2J last year and we all agreed - 4-3-3, replace Viduka, replace Taylor, replace Butt and replace Geremi and we've got a good side.

October, back to 4-4-2 and three of them are getting a game - not just as subs but as first choice - not only that but Ameobi and Duff are playing! Fucking disgusting.

Taylor - bought a better player in Bassong

Butt - bought a better player in Guthrie

Geremi - bought a better player in Jonas

Viduka - potentially bought a better player in Xisco, we don't know yet

It's a shame Keegan's not still here, init? (not that the 4-3-3 could have been achievable today anyway, not to the same extent anyway, because of injuries - but that's probably the system's fault aswell)

Why was Taylor playing then? Why was Butt playing if Guthrie was enough in central midfield? If Jonas replaces Geremi, why is Duff playing? If Xisco is the new Viduka, why is Shola playing?

Open your eyes man.

You're saying the squad is the problem, the reason why we lost today. I'm disagreeing with you. Are we in agreement that those are the better players and should have been playing?

The manager was at fault today for not picking em.

Ah fuck this. I'm too depressed to even go on discussing it. I feel sick but i'm not panicking.

If we get turned over on Tuesday then i'll think the wheels are coming off (or were never on, whatever).

:suicide:

And who's the manager? Not the man who walked over this lot in April.

But the squad's stronger and that's more important than the manager. I was assured of it by little Dennis and fat Mike.

We're shite, but that's a totally different Sunderland side to the one we beat comfortably with the likes of McShane.

I think Oba's totally unsure of what to atm, we're arguably as bad as when he was here in his first season, where he always ran for them team and showed spirit etc, but now he's probably sick of all the drama he's 24 now and seen managers come and go and he probably knows he's better than us.

Then who the f*** do we blame? :lol:

11 players were out on that pitch and they had enough opportunities to get a result in this game. They didn't. Period.

Guest Mcdonald36

You really haven't been following football that long have you?

Its a fucking saturday afternoon, I am sick as a pig, the weather is shit and I am stuck in the house rotating slowly in my own juices in a darkened room contemplating a 12 hour shift tomorrow where I will have to face up to about 6 Mackem cunts who will be in full piss take mode all day.

Not good at all.

Now little Dennis has strengthened the squad hugely and they're turning us over.

Would love to compare the squads. If we're full strength today we get at least a draw. At least.

I'd say atleast six of our starters today were better than the players in the opposite position, on paper.

I went to West Ham in April with Rich, Dave and 2J last year and we all agreed - 4-3-3, replace Viduka, replace Taylor, replace Butt and replace Geremi and we've got a good side.

October, back to 4-4-2 and three of them are getting a game - not just as subs but as first choice - not only that but Ameobi and Duff are playing! Fucking disgusting.

It's a shame Keegan's not still here, init? (not that the 4-3-3 could have been achievable today anyway, not to the same extent anyway, because of injuries - but that's probably the system's fault aswell)

Why was Taylor playing then? Why was Butt playing if Guthrie was enough in central midfield? If Jonas replaces Geremi, why is Duff playing? If Xisco is the new Viduka, why is Shola playing?

Open your eyes man.

You're saying the squad is the problem, the reason why we lost today. I'm disagreeing with you. Are we in agreement that those are the better players and should have been playing?

Ah fuck this. I'm too depressed to even go on discussing it. I feel sick but i'm not panicking.

If we get turned over on Tuesday then i'll think the wheels are coming off (or were never on, whatever).

But the squad's stronger and that's more important than the manager. I was assured of it by little Dennis and fat Mike.

We're shite, but that's a totally different Sunderland side to the one we beat comfortably with the likes of McShane.

Then why isn't it a totally different Newcastle side able to better them?

Did he not after the Chelsea game? Then did he not go down to London (which still boils my piss btw) and was made assurances. Was he not also made assurances that the Milner money would be spent as well? Was he not confident in that.

At the end of the day he wasn't backed, so he walked.

Actually mate I'll tell you what annoys me most about everything, of course Keegan was partly to blame, but the amount of s**** he has taken on here from people, compared to that of Mike Ashley has been absolutely disgusting. Most of the wankers on here wouldn't even support this club if it wasn't for Kevin Keegan in some way, shape or form.

He could have walked earlier if he wasn't getting backed, he waited until it was too late to change anything.

Of course - but it was evident on the pitch.

The major let down for me today was how long the shit players were allowed to stay on. As has already being stated, it was glaringly obvious to everybody that Barton, Jonas and N'Zogbia/Xisco needed to come on but it was left far too late and Enrique coming on was an utter joke.

Thought Bassong looked dodgy today but he isn't a left back. Get José back in there.

Barton in for Butt. Quite simply shit, time he fucked off. Complete waste of space.

Jonas for Geremi. Thought Geremi was pretty poor today. Looked clueless at times when getting back to defend and was the one who lost the ball in the build up to their second goal. His deliveries were also shocking.

Hate to say it but it's times like this that seriously makes me miss Keegan. Far too defensive for my liking today, summed up by the timing of the subs. :(

Did he not after the Chelsea game? Then did he not go down to London (which still boils my piss btw) and was made assurances. Was he not also made assurances that the Milner money would be spent as well? Was he not confident in that.

At the end of the day he wasn't backed, so he walked.

Actually mate I'll tell you what annoys me most about everything, of course Keegan was partly to blame, but the amount of s**** he has taken on here from people, compared to that of Mike Ashley has been absolutely disgusting. Most of the wankers on here wouldn't even support this club if it wasn't for Kevin Keegan in some way, shape or form.

He could have walked earlier if he wasn't getting backed, he waited until it was too late to change anything.

Maybe because he was trying to change things during the window. Hard to believe, I know.

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

Beye still isn't quite right either and Martins doesn't look very sharp.

Of course - but it was evident on the pitch.

I know. That's why I think it should be a long time before a couple of them wear the shirt again.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

Beye still isn't quite right either and Martins doesn't look very sharp.

How would we win it easily? When they'd both probably be bypassed anyway with the ball being aimed far beyond their reaches.

Open your eyes man.

Then why isn't it a totally different Newcastle side able to better them?

Because ours is much worse, there's is much better. Makes me sick to say it.

Guest The Libertine

and its near enough the same newcastle team that drew with man utd a few months ago. just less "motivated" shall we say.