mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Guest Heneage

Six months ago we rolled this lot over with ease.

Now little Dennis has strengthened the squad hugely and they're turning us over.

Something doesn't make sense.

They strengthened we didn't.

Which was his point...

Seemed like he was implying they had same team. Typical Cisse has a good game.

Cisse has been good for them tbh and is a good player just Liverpool's rotation policy screwed him up imo.

And they have first refusal, so no way we could even nick in.

Guest palnese

Look at our bench today. This was probably our first game of the season, where we actually had som real firepower on the bench.. Players that can come in and change things around.

We have a thin squad, and we need to strengthen our team. Just hope the new owners can come in quikly fast as fook

Why? Because he never got backing by the board. Yes, he has left us in the s***, but howay man, if it all went tits up, who gets the blame? The manager that's who.

Keegan could have done something earlier if things were happening which he didn't like.

Everyone but Colo and Given get 5's from me, Given gets a 6 could have easily saved the second mind and Colo gets a 7.5, thought he had Cisse all over today, and was very good against Jones.

seriously?

Cisse was comfortably the best player on the pitch and our central defenders never got to grips with him. also thought diouf, malbranque and chimbonda were dangerous too, capitalising on our ineptness at full-back & central midfield.

No, Taylor didn't deal with Cisse, that's why he got the goal, Colo was class today 95% of people on here are saying exactly the same he read the game well well, headed well, tackled well apart from one time how did Cisse 'beat' him?

Now little Dennis has strengthened the squad hugely and they're turning us over.

Yeah, the squad is definitely the reason why we lost this game.

Would love to compare the squads. If we're full strength today we get at least a draw. At least.

I'd say atleast six of our starters today were better than the players in the opposite position, on paper.

Nowt wrong with our squad.

I went to West Ham in April with Rich, Dave and 2J last year and we all agreed - 4-3-3, replace Viduka, replace Taylor, replace Butt and replace Geremi and we've got a good side.

October, back to 4-4-2 and three of them are getting a game - not just as subs but as first choice - not only that but Ameobi and Duff are playing! Fucking disgusting.

Taylor - bought a better player in Bassong

Butt - bought a better player in Guthrie

Geremi - bought a better player in Jonas

Viduka - potentially bought a better player in Xisco, we don't know yet

It's a shame Keegan's not still here, init? (not that the 4-3-3 could have been achievable today anyway, not to the same extent anyway, because of injuries - but that's probably the system's fault aswell)

My sarcasm detector might be broken, but the squad is absolutely the reason we lost this game.  We went into the season with poor options in some positions, and injuries were inevitable. 

We had eleven players on the pitch today that were good enough to beat the Mackems.

We have 5 or 6 players that are head and shoulders above their mackem counterparts.  But that isn't enough.  If we had built a good squad this summer, we would not be playing Nicky Butt, Geremi & Shola Ameobi in the Premiership in 2008.  We have good players but a bad, poorly balanced squad.  We knew this in July. 

Everyone but Colo and Given get 5's from me, Given gets a 6 could have easily saved the second mind and Colo gets a 7.5, thought he had Cisse all over today, and was very good against Jones.

seriously?

Cisse was comfortably the best player on the pitch and our central defenders never got to grips with him. also thought diouf, malbranque and chimbonda were dangerous too, capitalising on our ineptness at full-back & central midfield.

No, Taylor didn't deal with Cisse, that's why he got the goal, Colo was class today 95% of people on here are saying exactly the same he read the game well well, headed well, tackled well apart from one time how did Cisse 'beat' him?

cisse skinned colo for pace on at least 3 occasions. he made some good challenges but he couldn't even get close to cisse when he moved out wide or dropped deep and as a result he enjoyed a lot of space and fired in some good chances that he was unlucky not to put away.

also notice colo didn't put a foot in when diouf was running through.

I went to West Ham in April with Rich, Dave and 2J last year and we all agreed - 4-3-3, replace Viduka, replace Taylor, replace Butt and replace Geremi and we've got a good side.

October, back to 4-4-2 and three of them are getting a game - not just as subs but as first choice - not only that but Ameobi and Duff are playing! f***ing disgusting.

Taylor, Butt, Geremi, Duff and Ameobi could have all started on the bench today if Kinnear had picked a different team.  We didn't start with our best 11 and we left it far too late to make any changes, by the time the changes had been made the game had gone from us.

Why? Because he never got backing by the board. Yes, he has left us in the s***, but howay man, if it all went tits up, who gets the blame? The manager that's who.

Keegan could have done something earlier if things were happening which he didn't like.

Did he not after the Chelsea game? Then did he not go down to London (which still boils my piss btw) and was made assurances. Was he not also made assurances that the Milner money would be spent as well? Was he not confident in that.

At the end of the day he wasn't backed, so he walked.

Actually mate I'll tell you what annoys me most about everything, of course Keegan was partly to blame, but the amount of shite he has taken on here from people, compared to that of Mike Ashley has been absolutely disgusting. Most of the wankers on here wouldn't even support this club if it wasn't for Kevin Keegan in some way, shape or form.

Guest justin99.

Given could have easily saved the second mind

not a chance.

from where the kick was taken and pace it was taken with, nearly impossible to save.

Would love to compare the squads. If we're full strength today we get at least a draw. At least.

I'd say atleast six of our starters today were better than the players in the opposite position, on paper.

October, back to 4-4-2 and three of them are getting a game - not just as subs but as first choice - not only that but Ameobi and Duff are playing! Fucking disgusting.

It's a shame Keegan's not still here, init? (not that the 4-3-3 could have been achievable today anyway, not to the same extent anyway, because of injuries - but that's probably the system's fault aswell)

Bassong hasn't played in central defence in the league so you can't say for certain he's better than taylor, he's also young and inexperienced and was shit today.

Guthrie isn't even the same kind of player as Butt, defensively he's got very little going for him, lightweight, can't challenge, doesn't read the game particularly well. if anything Guthrie should be competing with Barton not with Butt.

Xisco doesn't look anything near as good as Viduka. and our managers seem to think Shola is better than him too. and again, young and inexperienced so not someone we can rely on yet.

the only one i'd agree with is Jonas.

seriously?

cisse skinned colo for pace on at least 3 occasions. he made some good challenges but he couldn't even get close to cisse when he moved out wide or dropped deep and as a result he enjoyed a lot of space and fired in some good chances that he was unlucky not to put away.

also notice colo didn't put a foot in when diouf was running through.

The times he got round Colo, he was well positioned enough for Cisse to not create anything other than shit crosses and early pot shots? he was never going to beat Cisse in a race but he was clever enough to shut his options down. As for Diouf there was enough players in there to block that shot and i'm pretty sure if Colo had left Jones, then Diouf would have slid it through to him, its a midfielders job to block a midfielders shot tbh not a CB come forward and leave his man.

Why was Taylor playing then? Why was Butt playing if Guthrie was enough in central midfield? If Jonas replaces Geremi, why is Duff playing? If Xisco is the new Viduka, why is Shola playing?

Open your eyes man.

Wow ... some really surprising over reactions on here.

I thought we did very well today in the first half. Unfortunately a lot of our players are only just returning from injuries or long periods out of the first team and so we faded badly in the second.

We have so much to look forward to though. I loved what I was seeing from Barton and Jonas after they came on, it's just very unfortunate they couldn't play more of the game today.

I think we are really set to go on a roll. This game unfortunately came just a week too early for us.

Fair play to Cisse. A lot of people think he's rubbish but he is a very dangerous striker imo. Jones and Cisse will be a very good partnership for them.

Looking forward to the return fixture. We'll hammer them.

Wow ... some really surprising over reactions on here.

I thought we did very well today in the first half. Unfortunately a lot of our players are only just returning from injuries or long periods out of the first team and so we faded badly in the second.

We have so much to look forward to though. I loved what I was seeing from Barton and Jonas after they came on, it's just very unfortunate they couldn't play more of the game today.

I think we are really set to go on a roll. This game unfortunately came just a week too early for us.

Fair play to Cisse. A lot of people think he's rubbish but he is a very dangerous striker imo. Jones and Cisse will be a very good partnership for them.

Looking forward to the return fixture. We'll hammer them.

Cisse's always been a threat he's just as inconsistent as.. well... as Martins.

Why was Taylor playing then? Why was Butt playing if Guthrie was enough in central midfield? If Jonas replaces Geremi, why is Duff playing? If Xisco is the new Viduka, why is Shola playing?

Open your eyes man.

You're saying the squad is the problem, the reason why we lost today. I'm disagreeing with you. Are we in agreement that those are the better players and should have been playing?

The manager was at fault today for not picking em.

Ah fuck this. I'm too depressed to even go on discussing it. I feel sick but i'm not panicking.

If we get turned over on Tuesday then i'll think the wheels are coming off (or were never on, whatever).

:suicide:

My sarcasm detector might be broken, but the squad is absolutely the reason we lost this game.  We went into the season with poor options in some positions, and injuries were inevitable. 

We had eleven players on the pitch today that were good enough to beat the Mackems.

We have 5 or 6 players that are head and shoulders above their mackem counterparts.  But that isn't enough.  If we had built a good squad this summer, we would not be playing Nicky Butt, Geremi & Shola Ameobi in the Premiership in 2008.   We have good players but a bad, poorly balanced squad.  We knew this in July. 

so you wanted us to go out and get a player in every position that needed a first XI upgrade or back up? Ironic that the only team who did anything close to that are a certain Tottenham Hotspurs who everyone is so keen to laugh at, me included. We could have done with a few more squad players maybe in hindsight, but we have been unlucky with injuries again. What if these players aren't out there or available? Should we just go out and get any old sod for the sake of it? And moan when they don't turn out to be as good as we thought? Full of contradictions these arguments.

Open your eyes man.

You're saying the squad is the problem, the reason why we lost today. I'm disagreeing with you. Are we in agreement that those are the better players and should have been playing?

The manager was at fault today for not picking em.

Ah fuck this. I'm too depressed to even go on discussing it. I feel sick but i'm not panicking.

If we get turned over on Tuesday then i'll think the wheels are coming off (or were never on, whatever).

:suicide:

And who's the manager? Not the man who walked over this lot in April.

But the squad's stronger and that's more important than the manager. I was assured of it by little Dennis and fat Mike.

The wind played a big part as our more technically gifted players were unable to let their superior quality tell......

Only joking!  mackems.gif

In all seriousness, Martins was a big let down today, he didnt support Shola, wasnt thinking at all just hoping that he might pull of a bit of magic if the ball happened to land at his feet. With all the long balls that were played up to Shola today, Martins just seemed to randomly run about in the vicinity. Duff went to sleep in the second half too.

Could have been worse but Barton nearly saved the day at the death, that would have been funny.

was the opposite if anything, played far too conservatively and never had a go himself, instead always opting for the safe pass or slowed down to keep possession. very disappointing in either case though. contrast with cisse who ran at people, stretched our defence, took risks and fired shots from long distance.

You're pulling me up on my supposition of what Martins was thinking? Ok, fair enough i'd agree with your assessment anyway. :lol:

Dont think he was close enough to Shola to support him when the ball was played long anyway. Cisse got the better of our defenders on a few occasions but our defence played ok in nightmare conditions for a defender. I was hoping Martins would have exploited the scrappy balls that were played up to Shola a bit more but he seemed switched off today.

The wind played a big part as our more technically gifted players were unable to let their superior quality tell......

Only joking!  mackems.gif

In all seriousness, Martins was a big let down today, he didnt support Shola, wasnt thinking at all just hoping that he might pull of a bit of magic if the ball happened to land at his feet. With all the long balls that were played up to Shola today, Martins just seemed to randomly run about in the vicinity. Duff went to sleep in the second half too.

Could have been worse but Barton nearly saved the day at the death, that would have been funny.

was the opposite if anything, played far too conservatively and never had a go himself, instead always opting for the safe pass or slowed down to keep possession. very disappointing in either case though. contrast with cisse who ran at people, stretched our defence, took risks and fired shots from long distance.

You're pulling me up on my supposition of what Martins was thinking? Ok, fair enough i'd agree with your assessment anyway. :lol:

Dont think he was close enough to Shola to support him when the ball was played long anyway. Cisse got the better of our defenders on a few occasions but our defence played ok in nightmare conditions for a defender. I was hoping Martins would have exploited the scrappy balls that were played up to Shola a bit more but he seemed switched off today.

i agree, i just think rather than hoping for a chance and taking risks like he usually does, or cisse did today, he just played inside himself and passed it to someone else at the first opportunity. was a totally 'empty' performance.