mackems 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 25/10/08 - post-match depression from page 18

Dave

Did anyone hear that arse bandit of a commentator refer to it as the Wear-Tyne derby, now that boiled my piss.

Aye, annoyed me too. There was a overall tone of wanting them to win from the commentary team, tbh.

for christs sake this whole ashley vs keegan debate has been done, and you're sure as hell not going to get better conclusions now after our defeat to the mackems. we need to move on, its pathetic.

we were not terrible today. the defense backed off sunderland way too much, they had much more time on the ball than they should have. apart from that all 4 members of the defence were sound, the midfield was poor until jonas and barton came on, but they improved it 10 fold. Jonas is so much better than any of our other midfielders its not even funny. it was like him and barton playing alongside 4 retards in guthrie, duff, oba and shola for the last 20 minutes.

our strikers were very poor, although i had a feeling that keegan being at the club would improve martins a lot, it seemed too, but now he's gone oba may struggle. duff was very poor, as was geremi. butt and guthrie were very poor, although not as bad as the aforementioned 2.

:lol:

Don't say that to the locals unless you've seen the bridge or your toast.

People are correct about not knowing what state both Barton and Jonas are on, but equally they both still should have been given more than 6 minutes on the pitch to try and make an impact, even if they were brough on straight after the goal I feel they would have made a difference.

As soon as those two came on we were a much stronger team, more so down to the fact we swapped shit players for good players.

IMO Martins was farely annonymous today, to me he would be the one most likely to gain an advantage from a long ball but everytime there was possibly one he could chase he always had his back to goal.

I'm finding it very hard right now to think of some players who came out of today with some credit other than Barton/Jonas with their 6 minute cameo,  after that I'd possibly say Bassong, colicinni and given did ok, nothing special but no blatant cock ups like some other players

Did anyone hear that arse bandit of a commentator refer to it as the Wear-Tyne derby, now that boiled my piss.

That was just because they were at home though tbf.

I know man, but still. :D

Im not from Newcastle- Im from Kent of all places and I now live in Ireland- but todays result hurts like f***. Its really depressing and is probably the lowest I've been for a while supporting the Toon....and we've had some low points this season already.

My mood is effected just as much as the locals of Newcastle with the results of NUFC so I think it effects all supporters, local or non-local.

Who cares? If you ain't seen the tyne bridge your obviously just faking it.

Get over it.

As a Newcastle born and bred Newcastle fan, I have the highest respect for supporters who come from outside the region and the extra effort and cost they incur in following the team.

You are as much a part of the club as those from the north east.

for christs sake this whole ashley vs keegan debate has been done, and you're sure as hell not going to get better conclusions now after our defeat to the mackems. we need to move on, its pathetic.

we were not terrible today. the defense backed off sunderland way too much, they had much more time on the ball than they should have. apart from that all 4 members of the defence were sound, the midfield was poor until jonas and barton came on, but they improved it 10 fold. Jonas is so much better than any of our other midfielders its not even funny. it was like him and barton playing alongside 4 retards in guthrie, duff, oba and shola for the last 20 minutes.

our strikers were very poor, although i had a feeling that keegan being at the club would improve martins a lot, it seemed too, but now he's gone oba may struggle. duff was very poor, as was geremi. butt and guthrie were very poor, although not as bad as the aforementioned 2.

Jesus, you really are a halfwit.

Guest Heneage

Aye, annoyed me too. There was a overall tone of wanting them to win from the commentary team, tbh.

And the fact Jamie "I really should be tie shopping" Redknapp said that only Kenwyne Jones could win it for them?

Guest optimistic nit

Wow ... some really surprising over reactions on here.

Aye, it's almost as if some of us are from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

What a stupid f***ing thing to say.

What? Now that was a stupid thing to say.

Blaming the system, the owners, Kinnear etc is bloody stupid and pointless.

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

But hey let's play the blame game all over again! That's so much more fun!

I blame Owne for having muscle tissue made out of tissue paper!

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

I blame Keegan for being a stroppy little man!

yada, yada, yada, yada bollox.

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

Beye still isn't quite right either and Martins doesn't look very sharp.

How would we win it easily? When they'd both probably be bypassed anyway with the ball being aimed far beyond their reaches.

Did you watch the match?

Did you see what happened after they both came on?

You don't have the first clue what this means to people from this area so why bother offering comment?

:lol: f***s sake

What's your problem?

Kaka thinks I'm overreacting. I say that when he's actually seen the Tyne Bridge, he'll have the right to tell me I'm overreacting to a derby defeat. Until then, he should keep his f***ing nose out.

you're telling him he shouldnt even bother having an opinion because he's not local?

classic.

He's not allowed to tell me I'm overreacting, no. Fairly f***ing obvious iyam.

mackems.gif

Look mate - do you think Keegn would of lost that game?

With players he bought? No.

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. f***ing disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

Squirm? Of course Keegan would have won this game, like he did last year at a canter.

So your point about Wise and the quality of squad is f***ing invalid if Keegan would of got a better result witht he exact same squad. Not rocket science like.

Not really. The reason Ashley backed Wise instead of Keegan was because he thought the squad was so good that the manager didn't matter. Not rocket science like.

Is that a reason or a wild guess? And what exactly has that got to do with this match??  :lol:

If the squads the same yet you think you;d get 2 different results with different managers then the only variable here is the manager and therefore the manager is repsonsible for the loss. Rocket science is probably too much for you so how about we move it to "join the dots".;)

Are you dim or something?

Ashley is to blame for the squad situation, the manager situation and our first defeat off this lot for 8 years, first away for 28 years. Does that clear things up?

mackems.gif

Oh my god. that is embarressing logic, so Ashley is responsible for every single result we have this season be it good or bad? Thats borderline idiotic i'm afraid.

You admit that another manager would of got a better result with the same squad but still go on to say the squad is the reason we're losing, scratch that, that is idiotic.

So, same car, different drivers different results yet the cars and the builders of the car are the reason for the loss.   :lol:

Credit to you for being this passionate though, feel free to let that get in the way of logic.

Honestly haven't got a clue what you're gibbering about now. The squad AND the manager both make a difference on the result of a football match.  This is not a difficult concept.

f*** me - this is impossible. do you even know how you started this debate, by blaming Wise and Asley for the quality of the squad and therefore this loss. Then you go on to say that Keegan would of got a result with the EXACT same squad. So how can you say the quality of the squad was the reason we lost this result.

I've even simplified it for you and you still dont get it.

Squad A + Keegan = Win (in your eyes)

Squad A + JK = Loss

The only variable here is the managers so that can be the only thing responsible for the differing results. That is scientific fact you bamp.

:lol: :lol:

I'm going to assume that the people who matter on this forum are able to understand how dim you look.

Even if the managers were the only variables (which they're not), Ashley forced Keegan out by backing his slimey mates. So it's his fault. Right?

Keegan wouldn't have lost against a dismal lot like these scumbags but even he wouldn't have been able to work miracles with the squad he was offered by Ashley and his chums to make any significant progress.

mackems.gif

"people who matter on this football forum"

I was gonna give up mate, but you're just way too much fun.  :lol:

So if we'd won this match would Ashley of been responsible for this win 'for getting rid of keegan'? Thats pretty much the see-saw logic you're applying there mate. Good one.

Cue a reply of "well we didnt win this", missing the point yet again.

i cant believe your are going to make Ashley responsible for every single 90 minute result we play from now on in be it win or loss.

Not every defeat. Defeat in a Tyne-Wear derby is never acceptable. Not now, not ever. Neither is being second bottom of the Premiership with a quarter of the season gone.

As long as you think Ashley's doing a good job though eh?

fucking hell seriously. you're bringing up all these things like we've had a normal season minus our league position. this isn't all ashley's doing. he may have caused it, but the fans and keegan (the people who should have the clubs interests at heart) have magnified the fuck up 10 fold.

its all very well to have mass protests and boycotts outside SJP until ashley is gone, but to then use this result as another stick to beat him with is frankly laughable.

His toast what? Will fall butter-side down?

Utter tripe, yet again. Well done.

Im not from Newcastle- Im from Kent of all places and I now live in Ireland- but todays result hurts like f***. Its really depressing and is probably the lowest I've been for a while supporting the Toon....and we've had some low points this season already.

My mood is effected just as much as the locals of Newcastle with the results of NUFC so I think it effects all supporters, local or non-local.

Get over it.

As a Newcastle born and bred Newcastle fan, I have the highest respect for supporters who come from outside the region and the extra effort and cost they incur in following the team.

Agree completely.

Get over it.

Guest Craig_NUFC

Yeah Andy Gray was demaning to know why Jonas didnt have his surname on the back of his shirt when he came on

Fantastic edit. :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

People are correct about not knowing what state both Barton and Jonas are on, but equally they both still should have been given more than 6 minutes on the pitch to try and make an impact, even if they were brough on straight after the goal I feel they would have made a difference.

Jonas came on when the score was 1-1 and barton a couple of minutes later.

Wow ... some really surprising over reactions on here.

Aye, it's almost as if some of us are from Newcastle-upon-Tyne.

What a stupid f***ing thing to say.

What? Now that was a stupid thing to say.

Blaming the system, the owners, Kinnear etc is bloody stupid and pointless.

They pretty much had their strongest team out and we didn't even come close. I think we would have beaten them easily otherwise. We played alright on the whole and they played well.

But hey let's play the blame game all over again! That's so much more fun!

I blame Owne for having muscle tissue made out of tissue paper!

I blame Freddy Shepherd and John Hall for selling the club to that evil non-Geordie Mike Ashley!

I blame Keegan for being a stroppy little man!

yada, yada, yada, yada bollox.

Two players (Owen, Viduka) from our best team. Sorry, but you can't blame injuries on this one.

Jonas got 15 mins because he only just returned, as did Barton. If they are fit enough to play the 90, we win this game easily imo.

Beye still isn't quite right either and Martins doesn't look very sharp.

How would we win it easily? When they'd both probably be bypassed anyway with the ball being aimed far beyond their reaches.

Did you watch the match?

Did you see what happened after they both came on?

You don't have the first clue what this means to people from this area so why bother offering comment?

:lol: f***s sake

What's your problem?

Kaka thinks I'm overreacting. I say that when he's actually seen the Tyne Bridge, he'll have the right to tell me I'm overreacting to a derby defeat. Until then, he should keep his f***ing nose out.

you're telling him he shouldnt even bother having an opinion because he's not local?

classic.

He's not allowed to tell me I'm overreacting, no. Fairly f***ing obvious iyam.

mackems.gif

Look mate - do you think Keegn would of lost that game?

With players he bought? No.

Not what i asked.

Squirm as much as you like mate - but you know your way off with this one. f***ing disgraceful result, i know but JK is responsible for this one. The quality of the squad is not to blame for this result.

Squirm? Of course Keegan would have won this game, like he did last year at a canter.

So your point about Wise and the quality of squad is f***ing invalid if Keegan would of got a better result witht he exact same squad. Not rocket science like.

Not really. The reason Ashley backed Wise instead of Keegan was because he thought the squad was so good that the manager didn't matter. Not rocket science like.

Is that a reason or a wild guess? And what exactly has that got to do with this match??  :lol:

If the squads the same yet you think you;d get 2 different results with different managers then the only variable here is the manager and therefore the manager is repsonsible for the loss. Rocket science is probably too much for you so how about we move it to "join the dots".;)

Are you dim or something?

Ashley is to blame for the squad situation, the manager situation and our first defeat off this lot for 8 years, first away for 28 years. Does that clear things up?

mackems.gif

Oh my god. that is embarressing logic, so Ashley is responsible for every single result we have this season be it good or bad? Thats borderline idiotic i'm afraid.

You admit that another manager would of got a better result with the same squad but still go on to say the squad is the reason we're losing, scratch that, that is idiotic.

So, same car, different drivers different results yet the cars and the builders of the car are the reason for the loss.   :lol:

Credit to you for being this passionate though, feel free to let that get in the way of logic.

Honestly haven't got a clue what you're gibbering about now. The squad AND the manager both make a difference on the result of a football match.  This is not a difficult concept.

f*** me - this is impossible. do you even know how you started this debate, by blaming Wise and Asley for the quality of the squad and therefore this loss. Then you go on to say that Keegan would of got a result with the EXACT same squad. So how can you say the quality of the squad was the reason we lost this result.

I've even simplified it for you and you still dont get it.

Squad A + Keegan = Win (in your eyes)

Squad A + JK = Loss

The only variable here is the managers so that can be the only thing responsible for the differing results. That is scientific fact you bamp.

:lol: :lol:

I'm going to assume that the people who matter on this forum are able to understand how dim you look.

Even if the managers were the only variables (which they're not), Ashley forced Keegan out by backing his slimey mates. So it's his fault. Right?

Keegan wouldn't have lost against a dismal lot like these scumbags but even he wouldn't have been able to work miracles with the squad he was offered by Ashley and his chums to make any significant progress.

mackems.gif

"people who matter on this football forum"

I was gonna give up mate, but you're just way too much fun.  :lol:

So if we'd won this match would Ashley of been responsible for this win 'for getting rid of keegan'? Thats pretty much the see-saw logic you're applying there mate. Good one.

Cue a reply of "well we didnt win this", missing the point yet again.

i cant believe your are going to make Ashley responsible for every single 90 minute result we play from now on in be it win or loss.

Not every defeat. Defeat in a Tyne-Wear derby is never acceptable. Not now, not ever. Neither is being second bottom of the Premiership with a quarter of the season gone.

As long as you think Ashley's doing a good job though eh?

Ah ok, so we have subjective views on who's responsible for for indivdual results.

For what its worth you're right about the Tyne-Queer derbies. Ultimately Ashley has to take responsible for the situaion we are in but again we still arent sure what went on so if its all the same I'll leave my supposition at the door and stick to logic.

Not looking forward to work on Monday with the Mackem element there like. :(

They could beat us 5-0 every season BUT they'd still be macums.

Sad people from the ugliest and most depressing town in Britain with a huge chip on their shoulder about life and Newcastle.

Dude, seriously, you're not even from the area so how about you just keep quiet.

Embarrassing yourself.

Why would you ever think I would feel embarrassed? I really don't care that much about what you guys think of me, as you don't know a thing about me in the first place. You haven't a clue who I am.

I come on here to talk football and it's okay for the most part. That's about it.

Guest guinness_fiend

I've not read the last 18 or so pages, but Nicky Butt's tackle was totally necessary.  He would have been clear through on goal otherwise.  The fact that the wind carried the ball into the back of the next was the fault of the powers upstairs, rather than that of a well timed professional foul by an experienced player who thought that there was less chance of Sunderland scoring from a free kick than there was a clear one-on-one on goal.