Other games this weekend

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

I really hope Bentley doesnt get it!Lampards would be my pick,pure class

I reckon Lampard was really attempting to get the ball to the back post and it just floated in.  You can tell by looking at his body shape as he hits the ball.

I thought that, he has a quick look at the back post I think.

Hardly the time to be fretting over relegation, the bottom half of the league has simply had a very good weekend and if anything, it's just brought everyone else closer to the top half. It's extremely compact at the moment, and as has been said, a win tomorrow puts us 14th and above the Mackems. It's not the end of the world if we lose, but it signals a very bad omen and i mean, who's going to want to buy the club that lies bottom of the league? Crucial that we win, imo.

People need to realise we arnt dead and buried, a win puts us to 14th in the league, ahead of Sunderland aswell.

Aye but we are playing Villa.

The point is that its still extremely close in the league right now, we are only 4 points from the top half.

Exactly with Fulham and Wigan coming up and although i think we will get beat tomorrow Villa, who are prone to an off night.

People need to realise we arnt dead and buried, a win puts us to 14th in the league, ahead of Sunderland aswell.

Aye but we are playing Villa.

The point is that its still extremely close in the league right now, we are only 4 points from the top half.

For me, it would have helped if Kinnear hadnt have come out with another whole heap of shite this morning

I reckon Lampard was really attempting to get the ball to the back post and it just floated in.  You can tell by looking at his body shape as he hits the ball.

Isnt that the goal though ?

Guest firetotheworks

Isnt that the goal though ?

Haha, aye sorry I meant, looking for someone running in at the back post.

Chill. Everton were having a 'bad' season yet a couple of wins in a row has seen them rocket up to a European place. A win tomorrow would be nice, but I'm confident that we'll gradually recover soon enough. The faster we do it though, the more chance we can challenge for Europe.

Some of the reactions are extraordinary. Yes, we're s***, and yes, we may well lose tomorrow, but why is everybody so shocked that we've gone down a few places after not playing?

I think we're entitled to a little bitching when every single team under us has won, we're down to bottom of the league, and we're going into a game which we have little to no chance of winning.

What sort of gate can we expect tomorrow and will we generate a 12th man atmosphere.

Very important I think as Villa are liable to kill us with their power and pace if we are not motivated on and off the pitch.

High stakes for confidence,

Lose bottom.

Win, go above Sunderland

Some of the reactions are extraordinary. Yes, we're s***, and yes, we may well lose tomorrow, but why is everybody so shocked that we've gone down a few places after not playing?

I think we're entitled to a little bitching when every single team under us has won, we're down to bottom of the league, and we're going into a game which we have little to no chance of winning.

We've got a fair chance, given we've almost got a fully fit squad (match fitness maybe not, but you know what i mean). If we play as we did in the first half against Brum - ie, 'if we play football - then we've got a good chance of getting a victory over Villa, and anyone else in this league. Such is the quality of our team.

If we play Kinnear style and go long ball though, we'll get annihilated.

Guest Heneage

Why are people writing us off tomorrow? As ive said countless times thank fuck none of you play for us. Talk about pessimists.

Guest Heneage

But like any side they have weaknesses Man City on paper and on form were a good side when they came up. Lets try optimism.

In fairness to Kinnear, in spite of his negative shite, we've scored two goals in all but one of his games in charge so far - and that's with Shola in the side. There's certainly goals in us, moreso now with Owen coming back.