The longer JK stays...

Guest Howaythetoon

Joe made mistakes yesterday but as long as he learns from them for Tuesday then we'll do ok. Plus we're at home so hopefully it'll be a more positive display.

I can't see him ever realising that he needs to drop Butt.

Keegan wouldn't drop Butt either to be fair.

Never really had the options to. Kinnear at least now has Guthrie and Barton available to start.

Not strictly true. Geremi can play centre mid as can N'Zogbia, both imo better options than Butt but Keegan never played them in the middle alongside Guthrie.

Joe made mistakes yesterday but as long as he learns from them for Tuesday then we'll do ok. Plus we're at home so hopefully it'll be a more positive display.

Never really had the options to. Kinnear at least now has Guthrie and Barton available to start.

Not strictly true. Geremi can play centre mid as can N'Zogbia, both imo better options than Butt but Keegan never played them in the middle alongside Guthrie.

Playing Geremi there is just as bad due to the fact neither can run. N'Zogbia is all over the place when he plays there.

Guest Washington_Mag

Aye , I was delighted when we appointed him

The other option was to stick with a coach who was way out of his depth.

What's your point?

He's only had Barton for 1 game, I hope you're proven wrong by him.

Well I wasn't impressed by him keeping a crocked Butt on for as long as he did simply because the Mackem crowd gave Barton some abuse when he was warming up.

Playing Geremi there is just as bad due to the fact neither can run. N'Zogbia is all over the place when he plays there.

Geremi retains possession alot better than Butt and at least N'Zogbia is pacy and mobile.

Well I wasn't impressed by him keeping a crocked Butt on for as long as he did simply because the Mackem crowd gave Barton some abuse when he was warming up.

I wasn't impressed either, I think we'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks.  It was boiling my piss that we were playing a game with 10 men by choice by trying to keep Butt of all people on the pitch.

I wasn't impressed either, I think we'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks.  It was boiling my piss that we were playing a game with 10 men by choice by trying to keep Butt of all people on the pitch.

I thought that was bonkers too, especially in a game of that tempo/magnitude.

Geremi retains possession alot better than Butt and at least N'Zogbia is pacy and mobile.

N'Zogbia doesn't have the discipline to play centrally...particularly not in the defensive midfield role. Geremi might keep good possession but he'd get even more overrun than Butt does due to his 40 year old legs.

It was even more stupid if it was to protect Barton, the longer we have him warming up, the more stick he'll get.  It will be better all around if we just stick him on and see how it goes and he'll have to handle whatever comes his way.

It was even more stupid if it was to protect Barton, the longer we have him warming up, the more stick he'll get.  It will be better all around if we just stick him on and see how it goes and he'll have to handle whatever comes his way.

Not to mention the difference when Barton actually did come on. Imagine having that for 2/3 of the game. Would have added the non-existant bite to our midfield and I don't think we'd have lost.

Not to mention the difference when Barton actually did come on. Imagine having that for 2/3 of the game. Would have added the non-existant bite to our midfield and I don't think we'd have lost.

Agreed, he must start against West Brom and Kinnear needs to get the whole selection right or we will be in trouble, it's a must win game.

It's the second time in 3 games that he's started a player that isn't 100% over an injury.

His football is awful, we were crying out for players on the pitch that are capable of carrying the ball forward on the ground at pace yet he kept Jonas and N'Zogbia on the bench in favour of the long balls being lumped forward for Ameobi, fair play to Joe for coming in when the club is up for sale but the sooner he goes the better.

It's the second time in 3 games that he's started a player that isn't 100% over an injury.

His football is awful, we were crying out for players on the pitch that are capable of carrying the ball forward on the ground at pace yet he kept Jonas and N'Zogbia on the bench in favour of the long balls being lumped forward for Ameobi, fair play to Joe for coming in when the club is up for sale but the sooner he goes the better.

Pretty accurate assessment.

His brand of football is exactly what I expected from him. Same long ball shit that made Wimbledon so hated. Only problem is it's not even effective these days.

Guest Washington_Mag

At least we'll not have people calling for him to be appointed full time.

Shite , i was making a dossier for him and a website .

You can't turn on Kinnear yet. He cannot turn the likes of Geremi and Butt back into the sort of athletes they might have been a few years ago. They have been running on empty for ages. Geremis lack of mobility was there for all to see yesterday when he won the ball well but then his legs gave out to set them up for the run leading to the free kick for their 2nd.

JK is probably getting as much out of what he has got at this point in time, his motivation of Ameobi is a case in point.

Barton and Jonas will come good but he could not throw them back in too soon IMO.

They only just got a result yesterday, they are no great shakes and we at at our lowest ebb. Its taken them 28 years FFS.

Before the mackem match we were happy with him...

Get off his back, not our fault Keegan left us in the s*** and have such s**** backroom staff. Hes come in and trying to do a decent job.

A win on Tuesday and next Monday then we will be saying hes great!? you either like him or hate him, dont get on his back because of one f***ing match.

We probably will be saying he's great IF we win the next 2 games, but we have to win those games 1st. Hope we're loving him next week.