The longer JK stays...

Guest Howaythetoon

I think I'll wait till after Tuesday to jump to any rash conclusions. JK's bigget mistake was relying on the same players who consistently let Keegan and Allardyce down. It wasn't great but it's worth considering that before they scored the winner, Ameobi had a great chance to put us 2-1 up.

Kinnear's a temporary solution in any case. I don't really see any alternatives out there at the moment.

Guest Washington_Mag

Why bite when it's true?

Some aren't mackems and do bite.

If, like me, you've lived in Washington for all your life, you are a mackem.

Anybody who claims to be anything else is an ignorant arsehole.

It's far too easy to blame yesterdays display on Kinnear. When we employed him, for me, he was nothing more than an unknown quantity. He wanted to get his name back on the footballing scene and he actually had the bollocks to take on a club in a dark situation. It was a situation where the opportunity was (and still is) there for him to get himself a job, whether as manager of our team or of another. Yesterday showed he is going to be no messiah, but should he take the heat for the performance? I'm not so sure.

I have no complaints about the side that was fielded, it was a team with a bit of confidence after a battling display against Man City. First half was a typical derby display I expected no less. Both sides went for it and the half finished level, the game was there to be won and this is where the problems began to creep in.

Second half the midfield became over-ran and consequently the defence had no protection and the strikers no service. Butt was his usual sloppy-self, Guthrie was on best behaviour after a booking and the wingers didn't get involved. Now in the scenario surely some responsability has to be taken on both sides. Butt, on the field as captain, not to mention other players have to start earning their keep. Why didn't the wingers tuck in? Why didn't the strikers drop a bit deeper? Both of these would have helped shift the midfield battle back in our favour and surely it's up to the skipper must see these things.

Similarly why didn't Kinnear replace Guthrie or one of the wingers who were having little influence in the game. I know, eventually he did but by then the damage had been done. Also surely Kinnear must have noticed the the midfield was struggling, why didn't he pass on a message to Butt? It became evident yesterday Kinnear isn't brilliant at thinking on his feet, but to write him off already is just pathetic, it's as though some fans couldn't wait for a bad result so they could give us the old "I told you so" speech.

There's no doubt this result has been blown out of proportion. The fact it was a local derby and the recent s*** we've had to endure hasn't exactly helped matters, but then I suppose that's the point. Kinnear was the only one brave enough to take this job. Is he a hero or is he just bonkers? I don't know. The fact is until we clear the fallout from this mess up no one is going to be able to do an effective job at this club. Yes, Kinnear didn't cover himself in glory yesterday but there again neither did the players. He may of shown glimpses that he isn't able to cut it in the big time but surely it's too soon to tell? So do I blame Kinnear for yesterdays result? A little, same goes for the lads on the park, but I still look at the likes of Ashley, Wise and Keegan before I go laying the blame on his doorstep.

Guest Washington_Mag

It's far too easy to blame yesterdays display on Kinnear.

Aye, judging a manager on results and performances. Who'd have thought of it?

If, like me, you've lived in Washington for all your life, you are a mackem.

Anybody who claims to be anything else is an ignorant arsehole.

I drank in Washington Village years ago and got loads of bites when I called Newcastle fans mackems.  :lol:  It has'nt been a mackem town for that long anyway.

It's far too easy to blame yesterdays display on Kinnear. When we employed him, for me, he was nothing more than an unknown quantity. He wanted to get his name back on the footballing scene and he actually had the bollocks to take on a club in a dark situation. It was a situation where the opportunity was (and still is) there for him to get himself a job, whether as manager of our team or of another. Yesterday showed he is going to be no messiah, but should he take the heat for the performance? I'm not so sure.

I have no complaints about the side that was fielded, it was a team with a bit of confidence after a battling display against Man City. First half was a typical derby display I expected no less. Both sides went for it and the half finished level, the game was there to be won and this is where the problems began to creep in.

Second half the midfield became over-ran and consequently the defence had no protection and the strikers no service. Butt was his usual sloppy-self, Guthrie was on best behaviour after a booking and the wingers didn't get involved. Now in the scenario surely some responsability has to be taken on both sides. Butt, on the field as captain, not to mention other players have to start earning their keep. Why didn't the wingers tuck in? Why didn't the strikers drop a bit deeper? Both of these would have helped shift the midfield battle back in our favour and surely it's up to the skipper must see these things.

Similarly why didn't Kinnear replace Guthrie or one of the wingers who were having little influence in the game. I know, eventually he did but by then the damage had been done. Also surely Kinnear must have noticed the the midfield was struggling, why didn't he pass on a message to Butt? It became evident yesterday Kinnear isn't brilliant at thinking on his feet, but to write him off already is just pathetic, it's as though some fans couldn't wait for a bad result so they could give us the old "I told you so" speech.

There's no doubt this result has been blown out of proportion. The fact it was a local derby and the recent s*** we've had to endure hasn't exactly helped matters, but then I suppose that's the point. Kinnear was the only one brave enough to take this job. Is he a hero or is he just bonkers? I don't know. The fact is until we clear the fallout from this mess up no one is going to be able to do an effective job at this club. Yes, Kinnear didn't cover himself in glory yesterday but there again neither did the players. He may of shown glimpses that he isn't able to cut it in the big time but surely it's too soon to tell? So do I blame Kinnear for yesterdays result? A little, same goes for the lads on the park, but I still look at the likes of Ashley, Wise and Keegan before I go laying the blame on his doorstep.

Good post.

Jury's still out for me. I wasn't impressed yesterday but i like the belief that he's clearly instilled (Everton and Citeh exhibits A and B). I like his character and he appears to be a good motivator. But as i say, the jury's still out as far as him being a good tactician goes.

I'll start to make judgements now that he's got more of a squad to pick from, with some very winnable games around the corner, with Owen possibly returning too. Then we'll see if he's a Roeder/Allardyce lovechild, ie - picking our best players for the bench, not making the right subs etc/playing negatively. I can understand how people can view him that way but it's too soon to judge him imo.

Needless to say, West Brom and Villa are beyond massive games.

Just to contradict myself entirely here... hopefully we won't have had time to make any serious judgements about him and he'll be out soon. (That's more to do with the entire club's situation being resolved, rather than just about JK himself).

That's my take on it anyway. Encouraged but cautious.

Guest Howaythetoon

Just to clarify...

I am not knocking the man or wishing him to fail, I didn't expect much either so I'm not judging him by some kind of expectation here. I'm not blaming him for any of this either as it clearly isn't his fault. The job he has is way beyond his skill level, it is a huge job he's took on. However he isn't doing an awful lot of good from what I see out there on the pitch. Shola is scoring and playing better but the team haven't stepped up a gear really or look any different under him. They've lost that feeling sorry for themselves frame of mind which existed under Hughton but after that, there's nothing new or different about us which gives me any confidence under Joe. The sooner he goes, the better for all. The longer he stays, the worse our position will become. He's a likable bloke and his passion and zest for the job is appreciated but he remains an extremely poor manager. Worse than Souness and Roeder if you ask me.

There's absolutely no way you can make a judgement like that yet imo. I'm not saying you're wrong, btw - i'm just saying, he's been in charge for three games.

[fuck me, i swear i was saying this about three years ago ffs]Judge him now that he's got a fit squad of players. The upcoming games will be a better judgement.[/fuck me, i swear i was saying this about three years ago ffs]

Looking on the bright side, it is amazing that considering how rotten our results have been this season we are only 7 points off 7th in the table. We are very lucky that there are a lot of teams that are still very close together.

A win on Tuesday could make quite a big difference.

Looking on the bright side, it is amazing that considering how rotten our results have been this season we are only 7 points off 7th in the table. We are very lucky that there are a lot of teams that are still very close together.

A win on Tuesday could make quite a big difference.

for more than just points and league position.

Guest Howaythetoon

There's absolutely no way you can make a judgement like that yet imo. I'm not saying you're wrong, btw - i'm just saying, he's been in charge for three games.

[f*** me, i swear i was saying this about three years ago ffs]Judge him now that he's got a fit squad of players. The upcoming games will be a better judgement.[/f*** me, i swear i was saying this about three years ago ffs]

Yorkie, there is or was a reason why he was out of the game for so long and couldn't even hack it at Forest - because he's a crap manager. His bravado, passion and fighting talk will only wear for so long especially with these players. Unless they see results never mind us lot he'll lose them. West Brom will not be easy.

[f*** me, i swear i was saying this about three years ago ffs]Judge him now that he's got a fit squad of players. The upcoming games will be a better judgement.[/f*** me, i swear i was saying this about three years ago ffs]

Yorkie, there is or was a reason why he was out of the game for so long and couldn't even hack it at Forest - because he's a crap manager. His bravado, passion and fighting talk will only wear for so long especially with these players. Unless they see results never mind us lot he'll lose them. West Brom will not be easy.

The choice was Kinnear or nobody under the conditions at the time of his appointment, Kinnear wins that one.

Fair point. But he's manager of Newcastle now. I'm not confident of him breaking records, but i don't think he's done an especially horrific job so far and the jury's still out for me.

Guest Washington_Mag

At least we'll not have people calling for him to be appointed full time.

Shite , i was making a dossier for him and a website .

Who are you then?

:pow:

Thought bit in bold was actually a problem. Duff did it far too much in the first half, which led to their goal. The amount of time and space Chimbonda got time after time going down the right was appaling. Unsurprisingly all of their chances came from the right hand side because Duff was tucking in far too often, and was too slow to get back wide.

Fair point. But he's manager of Newcastle now. I'm not confident of him breaking records, but i don't think he's done an especially horrific job so far and the jury's still out for me.

He wasn't out of the game much longer than Keegan. People were saying the same things about Keegan too last year after the horror show of his first several matches. Both were a victim of circumstance and did not really have a chance to show their abilities.