What is your worst moment watching football?

Segun Oluwaniyi

Keegan going this time was pretty f***ing awful. Felt absolutely sick to my stomach at everything tumbling down around us.

Aye that was bad, confused to fuck and had loads of none nufc supporters at work getting on my tits.  Felt liked I had been drugged and date raped.

When Sundland got the second in 1990 play offs, worst moment by a c***-try mile.

??? Wasnt that the game where your lot invaded the pitch???

Gallowgate last year v's Man utd,  farted and s*** myself.......gutted

Did you fart with confidence or did you get that feeling it could be a bit sticky/wet?  Always go to the bog if there is any doubt in your mind.

Partizan match. hadn't really entertained the thought of not going through to the group stage after we had an away goal lead from the first leg. slowly as the match dragged on the reality began to dawn, but i was denying it right to the end. i seem to remember being elated beyond belief when one of their players missed a crucial pen, thinking that was it, phew, close shave, but we're going through. then hughes missed. was listening to it on the radio cos it wasnt televised, and when their winning pen went in i threw it down the stairs and it shattered.

the club hasnt been the same since.

though looking back it makes me mad to think we didnt invest in players that summer. i know there's one or two on here that would say 'did you want us to do a Leeds?" but you have to remember that just 18 months later Shepherd would begin to bankroll a shite manager like Souness to the tune of £50m, why couldnt he have given some of that money to Robson to help keep us in the top 4/5?

when northern rock started sponsoring us, we've not been  the same since ntl: was on the shirts

another england one...  koeman yarking david platt down for a stonewall penalty, getting away with it, then scoring the goal which effectively stopped us qualifying for usa '94. it was the first time in my lifetime that england hadn't even qualified for a major tournament. i was gutted, couldn't believe andy cole hadn't been picked and carlton palmer had

when northern rock started sponsoring us, we've not been  the same since ntl: was on the shirts

another england one...  koeman yarking david platt down for a stonewall penalty, getting away with it, then scoring the goal which effectively stopped us qualifying for usa '94. it was the first time in my lifetime that england hadn't even qualified for a major tournament. i was gutted, couldn't believe andy cole hadn't been picked and carlton palmer had

Euro 92 vs Sweden.

Gary Lineker being substituted, England desperately needing a goal.

On the bench is Alan Smith (The lanky Original) and Alan Shearer.

Who does Turnip bring on? Alan Fucking Smith!

There were several bad moments in the final run-in to the 95-96 season, but watching us lose at Blackburn 2-1 when we went a goal up with 11 minutes to go was pretty shattering. We'd done the hard bit, and then our nerve collapsed. Somehow you knew then that the team just wasn't cut out to be Champions.

Of non-NUFC moments, England failing to qualify for the 1974 World Cup finals by drawing 1-1 with Poland made a big impact. England had never failed to qualify before and it seemed unthinkable, particularly as we'd won the thing 8 years before. And the game was unbelievable. We battered them for 90 minutes but it was one of those nights when the ball just wouldn't go in.

though looking back it makes me mad to think we didnt invest in players that summer. i know there's one or two on here that would say 'did you want us to do a Leeds?" but you have to remember that just 18 months later Shepherd would begin to bankroll a s**** manager like Souness to the tune of £50m, why couldnt he have given some of that money to Robson to help keep us in the top 4/5?

Exactly. I cant believe we only signed Lee Bowyer on a free! FFS!  :rant: We were one or two pieces away from completing the puzzle. We just seemed to lack that touch of class that Man Utd had.....we were so close to them. Why we didnt invest is beyond me, its seriously cost us. If that helped us qualify for the CL again that season and we wanted let Bobby go, there would've been a whole line of top class managers wanting to manage us.

But to give Graeme f*cking Souness £50m to spend instead of Bobby is just beyond belief....

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Man Utd in 95/96 was the worst in terms of it's significance and the fact that we battered them yet lost.

Closely followed by the first 4-3 at Liverpool, Fenton's two goals at Ewood and Woan's rocket at Forest.

Ruud Gullit being fucking stupid, Shearer and Ferguson on the bench, standing in the stupidly heavy rain (with no roof on the leazes) for 3 hours to watch us get beat off the scum

We weren't getting beat though when they both came on don't forget. ;)

Man Utd in 95/96 was the worst in terms of it's significance and the fact that we battered them yet lost.

Closely followed by the first 4-3 at Liverpool, Fenton's two goals at Ewood and Woan's rocket at Forest.

Didn't a certain Alan Shearer set up at least one of Fentons goals?

I'll always remember Gillespie admitting to diving after that game. - as a side note how much of a cunt is it that Phil Neville cost us the league by injuring Gillespie at OT in the December. Fucking Phil Neville of all people!

Keegan leaving us this year,then getting our hopes up by saying he wasnt sacked and they were in talks trying to sort it out.Andy Cole signing for  Man U,one of the few times I cried about football.Eric Cantona scoring that winning goal in St James when we should have battered them.Graham Fenton scoring those 2 goals the traitor bastard!Losing to Luton in the fa cup.

Ruud Gullit being fucking stupid, Shearer and Ferguson on the bench, standing in the stupidly heavy rain (with no roof on the leazes) for 3 hours to watch us get beat off the scum

i know but it was a horrible game to watch

i know but it was a horrible game to watch

I was away in Mallorca at the time iirc. So wasn't actually at the game.

Individual matches: Partizan at home. Sporting Lisbon away. Alkmaar away. Blackburn at home last season.

Other moments... Sir Bobby's sacking. That panged like a bitch. And tbh, these last two months have been the worst in my time supporting the club; never has my support wained but it has done recently. After so much hope at the beginning of the season. I don't think i'd ever been so excited after that Man Utd away game. Gut-wrenching.