N'Zogbia: Lyon interested according to agent

TêteDeMaure

lets exercise some balance here - the alternative to charlie is duff, does anyone really want to see him leave?

I would hope the alternative is put Jonas back on the left and get a natural right sided player to complement him.  He's good on the right but the left side is his more natural position.

I wouldn't mind that scenario at all, provided quality was brought in obviously.

lets exercise some balance here - the alternative to charlie is duff, does anyone really want to see him leave?

I would hope the alternative is put Jonas back on the left and get a natural right sided player to complement him.  He's good on the right but the left side is his more natural position.

I wouldn't mind that scenario at all, provided quality was brought in obviously.

:clap:

So today the Journal reckons he does now want away... Was it not long ago he came out and said he was saying ?..

Saying what Skirge? :D

Today its this..

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/24/winger-does-want-to-leave-newcastle-united-61634-22542811/

Winger does want to leave Newcastle United

Dec 24 2008 by Luke Edwards, The Journal

CHARLES N’Zogbia has insisted he still wants to leave Newcastle United despite regaining his place in the side because he does not feel the club are able to match his ambition.

Although N’Zogbia’s close friend Sebastien Bassong expressed a belief yesterday that his fellow Frenchman was happy on Tyneside, it seems the winger is actually agitating for a move again with the transfer window due to open next month.

This will be the fourth successive window in which N’Zogbia, or his representatives, have publicly expressed a desire to leave, even though he only recently signed a new contract at St James’s Park which ties him to the Magpies until 2012.

N’Zogbia, who was superb in the 2-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur last weekend, has retained the support and affection of United fans despite his regular attempts to engineer a move. But this latest bid will not go down well as Newcastle’s squad is already too small to cope with anything more than a couple of injuries and suspensions.

“After four years at Newcastle, I want to reach a higher level of ambition. I don’t think that is possible here,” N’Zogbia told the French football paper L’Equipe.

“I have given my all to the club, and I will go on to do so as long as I play. But I would like to reach a new level by finding a new challenge at a new side.”

It is not known whether N’Zogbia’s comments were made recently, or whether the youngster was speaking out of frustration at not being able too force his way into the starting XI in his favourite left-wing role. The 22-year-old has only recently managed to get a run in the side in that position because of an injury to Damien Duff, but the France Under-21 international has kept his Irish rival out of the starting line up against Portsmouth and Spurs.

Reports emanating from France suggest Paris Saint Germain could agree a swap deal for N’Zogbia with Mamadou Sakho heading in the opposite direction.

However, there has also been previous interest in him from Spurs and Fulham.

Kinnear has always maintained he will not let any of his players leave until the squad has been strengthened by new arrivals and N’Zogbia’s fate could be decided by Newcastle’s own success in the transfer market next month.

A few weeks ago he said this....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/11/26/n-zogbia-i-want-to-stay-at-newcastle-united-72703-22343929/

N'Zogbia: I want to stay at Newcastle United

Nov 26 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Charles N'Zogbia

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA insists he wants to stay at Newcastle United – but admits there is nothing he can do if the club decides to sell him.

And the United midfielder hit back at claims that he refused to go on Saturday’s pre-match walk in West London saying that he had a “back spasm”.

In his first interview since reports came out of France over the weekend that he wanted to leave St James’s Park, N’Zogbia told me today: “In an ideal world, I would want to stay with Newcastle United.

“This is the first time I have spoken about my future and those quotes attributed to me over the weekend came from my agent back in France.

“Obviously, I am not happy that I have hardly figured in Joe Kinnear’s starting line-up recently, but that is up to me to put right.”

Both Paris St Germain and Bayern Munich are keeping a close eye on the N’Zogbia situation, but Spurs seem to have lost interest since Harry Redknapp took over at White Hart Lane.

The 22-year-old Frenchman added: “This is all out of my hands, and if Newcastle want to sell me then there is nothing I can do about that.

“But don’t forget I have been at Newcastle for over four years now and I consider this my home.

“And I now have a big French pal in Sebastien Bassong, who is doing great for us the moment.

“My immediate aim is to get into the team alongside him – starting at Middlesbrough on Saturday.

“I have happy memories of the Riverside Stadium as I feel the goal I managed there last season – with my right foot – was one of the best I have scored for the club.

“And as far as last Saturday is concerned, I woke up at our team hotel in absolute agony with a back spasm.

“It’s something that often happens to footballers.

“I had to get the doctor to come and attend to me, and this is the only reason why I missed the pre-match walk before the Chelsea game.

“The doctor did wonders for me and I was able to be involved against Chelsea – something I did not think possible when I woke up.”

Perhaps this is what brought on N'Zogbia's quotes yesterday. He's seeing wingers no better, if not worse than him like Johnson, Pennant & Lennon being linked with Real Madrid, has seen his close friend from the Le Havre Academy join them last week, was linked with Spurs under Ramos, and is hoping his name's next on the list. :lol:

He's good but he's not so good as he thinks he is if the quotes are accurately attributed to him and are accurate. If he wants Champion's League football that will be a lot easier to achieve at many continental clubs, of which PSG is one. If he wants to earn very, very good money and compete at the highest level every week then there's only us.

Can't see another Premier Legaue club buying him tbh.

The boss also supported Charles N`Zogbia`s assertion that he was misquoted in his alleged interview with L`Equipe saying:

'The lad is quite embarrassed himself with what he is supposed to have said. As far as I am concerned, he has been spot on. He is working extremely hard and got himself into the team by playing well, and when people are playing well, I make sure they stay in the team.'

Nice to hear those comments, its good to have a manager who picks players on performance rather than reputation.

took injuries before he dropped Duff and Taylor like

He hasn't brought them straight back in though, which is important.  Those coming in & playing well seem to keep the shirt.

Looking forward to Guthrie being dropped when Barton comes back so we can see the dream partnership of him and Butt once again.

Very happy with team selection atm it has to be said. But who knows where we'd be in the table if N'zogbia and Bassong had come in a month earlier

Looking forward to Guthrie being dropped when Barton comes back so we can see the dream partnership of him and Butt once again.

Very happy with team selection atm it has to be said. But who knows where we'd be in the table if N'zogbia and Bassong had come in a month earlier

You do like drawing negatives from what are positives don't you ;)

I don't think anyone could have predicted how well Bassong would turn out so it's a bit harsh having a go at Kinnear for not bringing him in earlier, especially when you wanted him to play Cacapa.

Several of us concluded from what we saw in pre-season that Bassong looked very competent and deserved a game in the centre. I wanted both him and Cacapa to be ahead of Taylor in the pecking order tbh

I don't think anyone could have predicted how well Bassong would turn out so it's a bit harsh having a go at Kinnear for not bringing him in earlier, especially when you wanted him to play Cacapa.

Several of us concluded from what we saw in pre-season that Bassong looked very competent and deserved a game in the centre. I wanted both him and Cacapa to be ahead of Taylor in the pecking order tbh

And if Kinnear was here in pre season then perhaps Bassong would have had a chance of starting the Man Utd game, he wasn't and can only go off what he's seen in training.